test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is the lack of node skill-ups a known issue?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
i've just run 3 straight characters through crisis/early canada/desert, each with a different crafting specialty.

arms in desert- 24 nodes, 0 skill points
science in desert- 19 nodes, 0 skill points
mysticism in canada- 33 nodes, 0 skill points
science in canada- 15 nodes, 0 skill points

is this bugged? is this a new change? is a fix in the pipeline?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    They're supposed to have a 50% chance of a skill up if you're in the appropriate level range for the components it gives. At least that is my understanding. None, really?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've gotten plenty of skill ups when I used nodes from the apropriate tier.

Tier 1 nodes (Skill 1-100) will not give skill once you reach 101 skill.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've gotten plenty of skill ups when I used nodes from the apropriate tier.

Tier 1 nodes (Skill 1-100) will not give skill once you reach 101 skill.

yes, i'm aware of this.

i'm not sure what the issue was yesterday, but it appears to be resolved today (with no patch, very strange). this morning i was able to get skill up from 15-25 in science crafting in the canada crisis, so it appears as though i was either encountering a weird bug, or i had the all-time worst bad luck streak. ever.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Using the appropriate arcane nodes I have never received a skill up for mystic in Canada. Have to go to MC for those.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just tried in Canada and Desert on a new character and got 0 skillups with 50 collections from each area. Not sure whats up with it. Edit - I changed 2 zones and tried in each. 1 of them didn't give skillups after 50 more tries, the next zone was giving 2 points per 3 loots. That zone had 2 bug nodes that couldn't be looted though. Not sure if the system is just wonky or what. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Same Issue, picked up 50+ Nodes for Mystic and not a single skill up in Canada. Is there something specific that has it bugging out for certain people and not others?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *chuckles* You all sound like you are stealing my typical online dice karma. I've been known to habitually roll horribly on several random number generators...including the /random on WoW (good thing I played classes where I didn't have a lot of competition. LOL)

So far I haven't had that problem here. I've gone through spurts of 10-20 nodes and nada, then I suddenly get a lot. Or at least it all has evened out for me. This occured to me in both beta and headstart, but its just MY karma at play.

Probably makes up for my tabletop dice-rolling, where I'm ungodly... It's sad when you roll three 20's in arow in D&D. Repeatedly...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Did the people who didn't get the upgrades in the desert/Canada try this in the crisis part or the normal part?
    In the crisis nodes do not give points.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I wonder if it's possible for person A to open the node, get the skill-up, and leave the items behind for person B.

After all, there's no way they're going to let you keep re-opening, but not looting the same node over and over again for skill-ups, so there's got to be some kind of trigger there.

& I've definitely seen partial-looters in other MMOs.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Who_Cares wrote:
    Did the people who didn't get the upgrades in the desert/Canada try this in the crisis part or the normal part?
    In the crisis nodes do not give points.

desert crisis gave me points.

canada crisis did not.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The best skill ups tend to come from Research but I admit I wish the skill up chance was a bit better on the nodes especially since it can take forever to find the nodes. Either there arent' enough nodes or they're just to damn hard to see sometimes.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ok pardon my ignorance, but is a node what you get your components from, or something else entirely?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Madald wrote:
    Using the appropriate arcane nodes I have never received a skill up for mystic in Canada. Have to go to MC for those.

I didn't realize using the things gave skill ups until I started a Science character. I think Mysticism is bugged.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mothermoy wrote:
    ok pardon my ignorance, but is a node what you get your components from, or something else entirely?
    Your guess is correct.