test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Force Eruption usable while held--OP?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Hero Games
Force Eruption is one of my favorite powers and when I took it today I found that it was usable while held.

While, as a most ranged character I love this, I just tried it out in a lv 20 PvP match and that is extremely powerful, so much so that I feel it may be unfair to melee players.

Repeatedly I would be held and then a character with a melee set would close range but before they could do much I'd knock them back.

If there was some sort of KB suppression so I could only get them off of me once this would not be a big deal. But Force Eruptions charge time is very short so I could consistently interrupt their big charge ups which seems unfair given how hard much harder it already is for melee character to get them off in PvP.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Yea it's ridiculous for melee. You'd have to be a pure STR build to even attempt to resist some of the KB. If you're DEX/EGO or DEX/CON, etc then you are screwed.

There's really no way around this either, except disabling the feature all together. Personally I think it's dumb just to have so many attacks that can be used while held. I can understand break-free powers, but not **** like this.

IBlolmeleeurbuildsuxnub
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah... being able to use an ATTACK while held doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me from a balance standpoint. Stuff like immolation or resurgence that are meant to be able to help you get out of holds make sense, and they also do thematically. But being able to KB while held is a bit overboard.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't see being able to KB while held to be OP by itself, however being able to do so without the ability having a cooldown or a long charge time is pretty lame and takes a lot of strategy out of using the ability. If FE had a cooldown, perhaps in the ballpark of 10 seconds, it'd be far less OP and you might actually think before using it. Besides, who really *needs* to AoE KB spam?

Oh, though fairly unrelated, I'd like to see some more force powers. My toon's quickly running out of them =P
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's nice to have some powers that are still useable during the chain cc'ing that happens in pvp matches. The power is a fairly small Pbaoe and doesn't hit very hard. It is not really OP for PvP at all and only really worth having for it's useable while held feature.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sardonic wrote:
    I don't see being able to KB while held to be OP by itself, however being able to do so without the ability having a cooldown or a long charge time is pretty lame and takes a lot of strategy out of using the ability. If FE had a cooldown, perhaps in the ballpark of 10 seconds, it'd be far less OP and you might actually think before using it. Besides, who really *needs* to AoE KB spam?

Oh, though fairly unrelated, I'd like to see some more force powers. My toon's quickly running out of them =P

Meeee i use it in pve, it would be OP but when everyone and their uncle spams holds in pvp its all i can do to keep myself alive at times.

And yea, we need more powers for all the trees :D
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No one cares.

This is probably the oldest necro I've seen on the forums.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nesno wrote: »
    It is still very overpowered I use it in Tier 4 B.A.S.H. 24/7 versus foolish Night Warrior MCLUVING. Please nerf Force Eruption Cryptic North, I know you have already done so much making the lockbox's and internal bleed inducing three minute long missions, but this is very necessary.

-Xenomorph Drone

P.S im not renewing my sub or comming back to this game, time for new blood to come up, Ive dominated pvp for 4 years time for me to move on

Even Xeno doesn't want to anymore.

And who could blame him?

Also what happened to the 2?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Force Eruption is one of my favorite powers and when I took it today I found that it was usable while held.

While, as a most ranged character I love this, I just tried it out in a lv 20 PvP match and that is extremely powerful, so much so that I feel it may be unfair to melee players.

Repeatedly I would be held and then a character with a melee set would close range but before they could do much I'd knock them back.

If there was some sort of KB suppression so I could only get them off of me once this would not be a big deal. But Force Eruptions charge time is very short so I could consistently interrupt their big charge ups which seems unfair given how hard much harder it already is for melee character to get them off in PvP.

Hmm, I can see something like force eruption in a sense able to be used while held. It do make it harder for melee toons, but then again, I dont come across many melee toons or force field toons in pvp anyways.

Assuming the force is a projection of energy either from the force field that is created within or on the outside, being unable to move doesn't mean the mind isn't used to concentrate said energy into useful force. Then this brings me to the next question of why only force field eruption that I know can be used while held? I can think of a few more powers at least that should in theory be able to be used while held. I understand not being able to punch or shoot guns or other powers that require actual body movement while being held but for some, why not have the ability to use them while being held?

Plus given that some already say that FF is underpowered and weak overall as is, maybe it should keep that exclusive perk to compensate.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaguar40 wrote: »
    Hmm, I can see something like force eruption in a sense able to be used while held. It do make it harder for melee toons, but then again, I dont come across many melee toons or force field toons in pvp anyways.

Assuming the force is a projection of energy either from the force field that is created within or on the outside, being unable to move doesn't mean the mind isn't used to concentrate said energy into useful force. Then this brings me to the next question of why only force field eruption that I know can be used while held? I can think of a few more powers at least that should in theory be able to be used while held. I understand not being able to punch or shoot guns or other powers that require actual body movement while being held but for some, why not have the ability to use them while being held?

Plus given that some already say that FF is underpowered and weak overall as is, maybe it should keep that exclusive perk to compensate.

Not true i can use masterful dodge and Intensity while held
  • Options
    jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    Not true i can use masterful dodge and Intensity while held

There we go.

forgot about those powers.

Too much on my part thinking about ones that cause actual damage.
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nesno wrote: »
    It is still very overpowered I use it in Tier 4 B.A.S.H. 24/7 versus foolish Night Warrior MCLUVING. Please nerf Force Eruption Cryptic North, I know you have already done so much making the lockbox's and internal bleed inducing three minute long missions, but this is very necessary.

-Xenomorph Drone

P.S im not renewing my sub or comming back to this game, time for new blood to come up, Ive dominated pvp for 4 years time for me to move on

HAHAHAHAHA
    Good necro there man and yeah grats for killing MCLUVIN. About the PvP domination thingie tho....forget about it ;p. Now , you probably have severe luciditus, speak with Green(ahm) or Sylux to get cured fast mehn!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Even Xeno doesn't want to anymore.

And who could blame him?

Also what happened to the 2?

The real reason Xeno has left is everyone has figured out that flame throwers can mess him up.

9.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    An email from the real Nesno:

"Please go to this link http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=45990 and let everyone know the guy posting under ?Nesno? and signing his post as Xenomorph Drone is not me."

My guess, that's another lucidity troll account.
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To go slightly back on topic: Sparkstorm with Electric Personality is also usable while held. I remember using that and Sigils back before the free-to-play transition to make an effective anti-melee build.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    An email from the real Nesno:

"Please go to this link http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=45990 and let everyone know the guy posting under ?Nesno? and signing his post as Xenomorph Drone is not me."

My guess, that's another lucidity troll account.

Thought as much Nesno has never once claimed to be the best at PvP ( even though he is one of the better players ) yet this new Nesno went on about dominating PvP. Nesno never does that.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To go slightly off the original topic, so how does everyone feel about everything that's happened in the last 4 years?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It was the only way to counter SB+SS builds and cancel their stealth...
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Everyone used EGO HOLD at one point. It could be reapplied all the time and when your pathetic hold resistance ended, you were in that bubble again. This was one of the only things you could do against these silly people!!:biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game