test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extremely low FPS when adjusting in the CC.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in PC & Technical Issues
This is new since last night.

Adjusting any slider in the Character Creator causes my FPS to go from 58-60 to 5 FPS. Anyone else notice this since the headstart began?

The only way to test it that I could find is to log in with a character and turn on the FPS counter with /showfps 1, then log out and make a new character. It is happening to me when moving any of the face or body sliders and lasts until you release them. In OB, my FPS never dipped below 58 anywhere in the CC...

MY SPECS:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4800+ 2.4GHz 110w
RAM: 3GB 400MHz DDR
GPU: GTX280 1GB
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I noticed this as well.

Core I7 920
    Geforce 280 GTX
    Win Vista 64
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I saw this as well
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yep, me too.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I have this too. It isn't bad enough to make character creation immpossible but it does make small adjustments a little harder to make. The slowdown does stop as soon as I finish moving the slider(s).
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yup, I noticed the same thing as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Same thing, new since yesterday.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Both my wife and I are having this issue as well... Strangely, this seems to be a live client issue, as we didn't have this issue ever in open beta.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm also having this issue. It makes fine-detail sculpting in the character VERY frustrating.

I get a solid 50-60 FPS nearly everywhere else in the game (very high population areas, like Qularr invasion sites, will drop me to 35-40), but in the character creator I drop immediately to 5-10, and as soon as I release the slider I visibly watch the screen stutter and go back to 50-60 FPS.

This didn't happen to me in beta at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    /bump
    /hypacritical - post system specs, or at least GFX card.

Nvidia user here, sadly ><
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yep, it's also doing it when you visit the tailor as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just noticed this today. I've made a couple of new characters during the head start, but didn't have the issue until tonight.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Strangely, I did not have the issue until today.

Not a deal breaker, but sort of odd that using the slider makes it seem like I'm running an old Norton antivirus scan suddenly. Heh.

Frames dip to single digits, then go back to normal upon releasing the slider.

Noticed the issue in the creator as well as the tailor adjusting existing toons.

-Dragon
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Noticed this as well.

I'm using an old 3.0Ghz P4, with an nVidia 7900GS, which was very happy indeed in the Creator until a day or so ago.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I got this, with the download of the client right after the closure of the open beta. Core2Duo E4300, ATI4850. Never got 40~50 fps during gameplay, but usually 20~30. Drops down to about 5 fps when grabbing on to the sliders in the character creator or the tailor. In the tailor, I notice that the character image when you are at the Costume Select screen, will render very quickly and then stop, over and over; the animations on the character play too fast, like it's running without a speed brake in the animations until it hits 100% cpu, and then pauses for a second.

To the OP: Do you have a bug report we can bump? I wasn't sure how to file it.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yes, this problem still persists for me but it is much better than before when my mouse would just slowly zoom across the slider. It is more smooth now but my FPS still drop to single digits.