test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Bug] Heavy lag when using sliders during character creation.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
Before the patch, I could use the sliders on the face/body just fine. Now after patching to early start build, whenever I click and hold a slider, I chug down to less than one frame per second. Anyone else getting this?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm experiencing the same thing. Only happens when moving sliders. Thought I must of done something to my video settings that was affecting it, but happened even if I reduced resolution.
    edited August 2009
    I changed nothing on my system at all between beta (when it was working smoothly) to live headstart (when it started buggin).

Only thing I can think of is the patch causing it.
    edited August 2009
    I thought something was off when I was makeing characters today. I was not monitering my FPS but I defenatly know what you are talking about. Was only hapening when draging the slider, hitting the arrow buttons did not appear to cause lag/low fps.
    edited August 2009
    Smackwell wrote:
    I changed nothing on my system at all between beta (when it was working smoothly) to live headstart (when it started buggin).

I'll second this one... have the same issues. Not a game breaker per se, but horribly annoying considering that is was very smooth before. :(
    edited August 2009
    same for me as well. Didn't change any settings, the game seems to slow to a crawl whenever I adjust a slider.
    edited August 2009
    Add me to the list! Same issue here and I have changed nothing since playing the OB. Sliders were much smoother before the last patch. I did notice a new tab added to the charater creation screen for the special costume pieces....perhaps that change to the client application is what is causing the issue. ??
    edited August 2009
    I have the same issue as well. I guess it's just one more perk those of us who already shelled out the cash to Cryptic to get in Early Access get to experience during this extended beta...
    edited August 2009
    Okay so it's not just me... :)

Well, I'm sure they're aware of the issue by now and will have it fixed soon!
    edited August 2009
    I too am experiencing this problem.
    edited August 2009
    Yep got this too, big-time graphics lag, actually makes it hard to adjust the sliders accurately. :o
    edited August 2009
    Well, good thing they haven't added that "crotch slider" feature yet. Would've been a shame not being able to use that to it's "fullest.". :rolleyes:

On a side note:
    I had this problem, i just exited the game, restarted my comp and boom, never had the problem again.
    edited August 2009
    Smackwell wrote:
    Before the patch, I could use the sliders on the face/body just fine. Now after patching to early start build, whenever I click and hold a slider, I chug down to less than one frame per second. Anyone else getting this?
    Smackwell wrote:
    Same thing happening here, and like you, it was fine in OB.
    edited August 2009
    Same problem here, this was working fine during Closed Beta and Open Beta, but after launch it makes the sliders almost unusable because of the insane lag when trying to move them.
    edited August 2009
    I had same problem and overall my gfx was sluggish after end of beta and start of Early start. What has it fixed was to click at OPTIONS in launcher and choose SAFE MODE. This deleted all my settings and after that I have set them up in game and everything runs quite smoothly.

Maybe this will help.
    edited August 2009
    kumacurry wrote:
    I had same problem and overall my gfx was sluggish after end of beta and start of Early start. What has it fixed was to click at OPTIONS in launcher and choose SAFE MODE. This deleted all my settings and after that I have set them up in game and everything runs quite smoothly.

Maybe this will help.

This did not fix the slider lag issue at all for me.
    edited September 2009
    Yep...same difficulty here as well....although my husband is not having any dramas at all with it:(
    edited September 2009
    I'm getting this issue as well. I seem to recall it started happening somewhere towards the end of OP.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here.