test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simple request: Mission arrow

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestions Box
Currently, when you click on an active mission, (while standing still), it'll scroll the minimap to that mission's location, generally with your player indicator in some corner, so you can see where to go. I'd like a system where either an arrow appears in the main play area to show you which direction the mission is, or a little arrow in the minimap pointing to the mission. A third option would be to allow the minimap to zoom out far enough to include both your current location and the mission location.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You've always got the cliche' yellow ? or perhaps the huge green/brown circle on your minimap to guide you.

You can select a mission to be "set primary" which will identify it on your map and distinguish it by making it a brown color instead of green.
    edited August 2009
    sumobot wrote:
    You've always got the cliche' yellow ? or perhaps the huge green/brown circle on your minimap to guide you.

You can select a mission to be "set primary" which will identify it on your map and distinguish it by making it a brown color instead of green.

That is all well and good, but if the mission location is far away from where y0ouo currently are, then you will not see it, unless you go to the world map, in which case, if you get sidetracked or have to take a roundabout route, you may lose sight of where you need to go. A little marker on the edge of the minimap or in the main game window, would alleviate this and permit you to play seemlessly.
    edited August 2009
    I don't remember superman ever having a great big arrow guiding him where to go... I do however remember a map that is marked. Oh wait...
    edited August 2009
    bluewagon wrote:
    I don't remember superman ever having a great big arrow guiding him where to go... I do however remember a map that is marked. Oh wait...

There's no need to be snarky. This is first and foremost a computer game. Ease of use and convenience should be paramount. Things like this are little QoL improvements that would make my gameplay, at least, more enjoyable. I'm sure others would benefit as well.
    edited August 2009
    biostem wrote:
    There's no need to be snarky. This is first and foremost a computer game. Ease of use and convenience should be paramount. Things like this are little QoL improvements that would make my gameplay, at least, more enjoyable. I'm sure others would benefit as well.

:) sorry I just couldn't resist.

Anyway I do agree with it because it WILL be helpful, its just that I feel like the arrow would make questing TOO easy. The mark on the world map already makes it simple enough, and if not you can easily just read the quest and it will say where to go (usually).
    edited August 2009
    And also considering how the area graphics sometimes hide a very small mission mark. Some sort of arrow on the mini-map would be well appreciated.