test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on AoE's with cooldowns

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
I guess it more depends on the side effects of it but for instance looking at my lightning ranged aoe thunderstrike 100ft range very SMALL aoe only 10ft radius does around 500-600 dmg at lvl 15 which isnt bad but has a chargeup and 20s cooldown, seems kinda pointless really since there are aoe's you can channel with no cooldown that to much more damage.

Maybe it will get changed but aside from that I cant see any real uses anyone else out there have a different view ?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Nope, I agree with you. Lightning Bolt was worthless in beta, as gigabolt was better in 4 out of 5 cases and was more flexible.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    D3adend wrote:
    Nope, I agree with you. Lightning Bolt was worthless in beta, as gigabolt was better in 4 out of 5 cases and was more flexible.

and of course with the awsome respec costs, and inability to respec a single ability on the list (forces you to respec everything prior to it first) it winds up costing 3+g at 16 to jump back 3 points to get to it :/

Not a ton mind you but still more then you'd normally have questing up to that point.