test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Supernatural builds?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
I'm curious as to whether anyone has any decent supernatural builds? Just playing with the champion builder it seems you can get some fun builds going with it, but of course thats the champion builder and not the powerhouse.

I'm looking at making a "themed" shaman type character using the life leeches and darkness powers. Hopefully its not an uber gimp, but I know at Condemn is good!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I dont have a specific build, but I can give you some pointers. If youre going to go ranged leech/darkness then you would probably want to take powers from telekinesis as well as supernatural. They both fall into that category. You could either go with Shadow Form from telekinesis for damage or Regeneration from Supernatural for defense. Devour essence is reported to be a good damage/heal ability, but it is melee ranged. Life drain from telekinesis is ranged, but doesnt do as well in the damage/heal department. A lot of good things have been said about Shadow Embrace from telekinesis. Its a cone shaped maintained damage ability that can carry you for a long time. Condemn is a nice AoE damage ability plus stun. I enjoyed using it. I was planning on pairing it with Ebon Rift when I thought that Ebon Rift would drag everyone together so I could Condemn them easier, but apparently that doesnt work anymore. Ebon Rift is a shadow of its former self. I really enjoyed the starting power from Telekinesis, I believe its Ego Blast. It does good charged damage which will kill most henchmen, and if they dont die they are stunned for 6 seconds, so you can make sure they are dead before they can move. The hold is low power though, so it doesnt work against Master or Super Villians. Regular Villians still get held though. My 2 cents
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cool. Thanks!

I was planning on being a melee / ranged aoe hybrid type. Stun/weaken at range and then close in with summons for the finish. Using Condemn I can hit with the aoe stun, close in with Shadow Embrace to finish off groups and regain energy with the Darkness sellf buff that gives you energy back after killing a feared mob (i forget the name). Using Regeneration for defense and maybe a circle or two from sorcery. I'm at work or I'd post a build!

Any info on how well the summoned wolves perform? Are they viable or just aesthetic?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    All pets perform pretty poorly at the moment. Maybe they have changed them since the close of the beta, but they did/used to suffer scaling issues.