test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

International-themed SG

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Does anyone know of any International or United nation type themed SG's? Or any SG's that have a wide variety of characters from all over the globe? I have an idea for a Polish themed super-hero and I was hoping to find a fitting place for him... preferably RP.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    in the Champions world, UNTIL ( United Nations Tribunal on International Law) acts alot like that. A good direction to take a Super Team like that in would be saying that you are a pro-active Cell of UNTIL.
    edited May 2009
    if you mean a team all dedicated to their origin country id be interested, i was gunna try to make a remix Captain Britain. i did have one idea for Kid England or Britain or something
    edited May 2009
    That would be awesome... I'm not sure if I really have an interest in actually being a leader of any group, I don't have the experience in group leading or RPing to do it well. But I would definitely would love to be a part of said group. My hope is that most if not all of the members would have strong ties to a particular coutry, ranging from a hero who basically wears their flag as a costume, to just being a person who represents an aspect of that culture and carries an immense pride for it. Example: A Japanese hero who calls himself the rising sun and wears an all white costume with some red trim and a big red sun in the middle, to any Japanese hero of any dress or powers who RPs with say, a great sense of Bushido code, or just qualities often associated with Japanese ideals; a great sense of humility, honor, and teamwork.

It shouldn't be too hard to find USA-themed heros, but others might be hard to find, and a balance would be preferred I'd imagine. Also, I don't think a character would necesarily have to be from that particular country, as long as the character had a backstory that showed strong ties to that country, and that their costume and or behavior serves as a good representation of that country. In fact, the hero I have in mind is an American orphan who traces his roots back to a deceased Polish strongman competitor who's seen as a hero by the members of his small village. Upon learning his heritage, he also begins to weight train in his father's memory and discovers an extraordinary ability. This causes him to be disqualified from competition so he uses it to fight crime as a Polish-themed hero. I'm even considering him to speak with a polish accent and broken english as a way to keep his identity secret from the public and add another layer to his RP personality. I'll post a more in depth bio later today.

I would prefer in any group that it not get so big that newer members feel lost in the crowd. Perhaps 20-30 would be a good number, and because I've had difficulty finding many Nation-Themed heroes, it shouldn't be too hard to stay at lower numbers.

Though of course these are all just suggestions and personal preferences, and I believe any group's ideals should be dictated by the general consesus of it's members. Though to be honest I don't have any intention in using this character in a group that's too light on the RPing.