test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experimental Blaster Teddy Bear % Bug

sykovsykov Posts: 131 Arc User
Hi everyone!

Most of you know me as Taro or @iox ingame. I just found a bug that's a bit over the top. For those of you who don't know: Experimental Blaster has a 1% chance to low ranking targets into a teddy bear. it seems harmless, but it's a different story when it hits fellow players. Tapping Experimental Blaster, for some reason, has a 100% chance to turn players into teddy bears (even through blocking). This renders them from using their powers (active defenses / offenses, passives, travel powers, heals, attack powers), lowers their resistance to 0%, sets their hp down to 6k hp, prevents them to use their devices, and prevents them from blocking. This works in areas where players can target other players (aside from Onslaught Supervillains). AKA this works in player vs player environments (which I know isn't much of a concern nowadays), but it could also impede some scenarios like Slug runs right before Eido.

One of the key things is that during Slug fights in Qlipothic Warzone, there's an certain point where players can be targeted by other players (I don't really know what that buff is called so very sorry lol). This is where a possible issue could arise as experimental blaster can be used to troll other players (ie. using experimental blaster on tanks or healers affected by the slug buff, turning them into teddy bears, & essentially wiping the whole run because they can't block, lose their stats & passives, & can't heal). I realized this early on when I was doing slug this morning & a friend showed it to me (he wasn't using it during the run, but he showed me how crazy the Experimental Blaster bug is right now).

Luckily, the death ray advantage doesn't work on players affected by it & it still has its intended effects work on minions, but the teddy bear effect can become detrimental for slug runs.

A simple solution could be to make players immune to the teddy bear effect. The last thing this game needs is another way to troll people in endgame lmao. If you don't believe me, try it out yourself in a little duel and see the effects. Just wanna put it out there before someone else starts consistently doing it when people are doing Slug
It's a game, not a ****. Don't choke on it.

I own Koda Ortega. Yeah...

Tagged: