test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Bugs- Onslaught Tokens, Currency Conversion, Nemesis Tips, Mission Item Screen

glop#4587 glop Posts: 61 Arc User
edited July 26 in Gameplay Bugs
I'm not entirely sure if these are bugs or me just not understanding how some things work. I've been playing this game very casually for over a decade and I have a LTS, so I tend to pop in, try to figure things out, get confused, leave, and try again a few months/years later.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction on this stuff, I'd really appreciate it.

Issue #1- Onslaught Tokens/Currency Conversion
I have 308 onslaught guardian tokens and I'm not seeing anything I can purchase with them at the onslaught vendor. All they want are villain tokens, and I don't have any of those.

I hopped over to the currency exchange vendor, and I see 2 options for conversion of villain token and guardian token. However, the vendor is saying I have 0 of each currency category. Is this a bug, or are there some additional conversion criteria I don't meet? I have some of these tokens on other characters and I'm having the same issue

Issue #2- Nemesis Tips & Mission Item Screen

I just sent my Nemesis to jail! Based on what I've read, I should be able to send him to jail again, and then create a 2nd nemesis. I think that's what I've read, anyways. It's been a while. In any event, Nemesis tips aren't dropping for me at all now. My mission item screen is just.. Blue. Solid blue. There are no inventory slots or anything. I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• miorummiorum Posts: 61 Arc User
    glop#4587 wrote: »
    Issue #1- Onslaught Tokens/Currency Conversion
    I have 308 onslaught guardian tokens and I'm not seeing anything I can purchase with them at the onslaught vendor. All they want are villain tokens, and I don't have any of those.

I hopped over to the currency exchange vendor, and I see 2 options for conversion of villain token and guardian token. However, the vendor is saying I have 0 of each currency category. Is this a bug, or are there some additional conversion criteria I don't meet? I have some of these tokens on other characters and I'm having the same issue
    The Guardian tokens at the Onslaught Vendor are mostly spent on tokens to become a Villain: thus giving you the chance to earn Villain Tokens. The options for purchase are on the vendor: speaking to them and viewing their store gives you the option to click the tabs on the side of the storefront - which will give you additional spending options.
    Issue #2- Nemesis Tips & Mission Item Screen

I just sent my Nemesis to jail! Based on what I've read, I should be able to send him to jail again, and then create a 2nd nemesis. I think that's what I've read, anyways. It's been a while. In any event, Nemesis tips aren't dropping for me at all now. My mission item screen is just.. Blue. Solid blue. There are no inventory slots or anything. I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
    Good job sending your Nemesis to jail! ... Unfortunately, evil won't rest for long. I am unsure of the period of time it ought to take, but eventually Defender himself should send you an in-game mail to discuss further progress in preventing a prison break. If that's not present, or you've missed or deleted the mail, perhaps try speaking directly to Defender.
    In-game, I'm The_Kef -- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "That's really it for Champs."
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,506 Arc User
    Another thing you can trying is attacking patio furniture, especially the chairs where Harmon is giving his speech next to Until/Unity HQ. Be merciless, those chairs need a good thrashing. You may need to destroy hundreds of them, depending on your luck, so bring a wide AoE power. When one of the chairs pops a red/yellow/green/blue boost run through it. That will auto-spawn nemesis minions who will drop a clue that gives a mission. This is only if you are eligible for one of those types of missions, otherwise no clue is dropped. Otherwise, as noted, keep checking Defender and/or Martin to see if they have anything for you.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • glop#4587 glop Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 16
    Thanks very much for the feedback guys, I really appreciate you taking the time! Unfortunately I just don't think I'll be sticking around. I have all legion gear and vigilante secondaries on my main guy with r6 or so mods. It just seems almost impossible to progress without doing group content. It's sort of crazy to me that this game is so absurdly difficult given how low the population is, lol. I can't get a single one of the missions done in QWZ. Those enemies just stomp me.

The fact that you need gigantic teams to fight those monsters, and then waiting for the timers, and then everyone just transforming into the giant villains and sitting around Ren Center while people kill them... Everything that seems to be "end game" is very underwhelming, or again, just way too hard for my tiny pea brain.

I would love it if I could either get GCR from playing normal content, or preferrably, I wish they'd scale down all these lairs and open world events and monsters so you can fight them solo. I've played a ton since I posted this and never got an email from Defender, or had any other run-ins with my Nemesis. Seems like since I sent him to jail he just gave up on crime, lol.

I feel very chased away by virtue of how the game is designed. Not at all by the community. You guys seem pretty amazing.
  • miorummiorum Posts: 61 Arc User
    Thanks very much for the feedback guys, I really appreciate you taking the time! Unfortunately I just don't think I'll be sticking around.

(...)

I feel very chased away by virtue of how the game is designed. Not at all by the community. You guys seem pretty amazing.
    Hey - thank you for your patience and for giving this game a really fair shake!

In-game, I'm The_Kef -- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "That's really it for Champs."
This discussion has been closed.