test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"In Combat" Vanity Device

thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 211 Arc User
You know how we have the Fun Nullifier device for preventing unwanted interactions with various "Fun" devices like the Fun Cannon, Tinfoil Hat Ray, etcetera? And how we also have the Weapon Display devices for posing with various weapons out? Well, it feels like we have the groundwork all entirely set for one simple little item that surprises me in how it hasn't been added yet. In lieu of any better, more creative name, I'm simply calling it the "In Combat" vanity device, and it does exactly what the name entails: while slotted and toggled on, the user is treated as if they are in combat, primarily for the purposes of having "in combat" auras turned on, allowing the usage of 2-8 aura slots instead of 1-4 in cases that would normally just be standing around, like costume contests or posing for screenshots. Ideally, this would not detoggle Supermagnifiers/Supershrinkers or conflict with Weapon Display vanity devices when turned on, but I can't fathom the spaghetti that this game is built on.

For where one would obtain one of these devices, for Fun Nullifiers we already have the Club Caprice bartenders (if you ask me, Karneeki and the other basic vendors should be able to sell Fun Nullifiers too, but I digress) and for Weapon Displays we have the Questionite store. So to this I raise the possibility of: maybe both? I would propose that both regular vendors and the Questionite store would have a temporary/1-hour version on-sale for 10G/5kQ respectively, and a permanent version on-sale for 100G/50kQ respectively. But with how generic this concept is, it really could fit in anywhere. It could be the UNTIL Recognition sink nobody's asked for because nobody remembers UNTIL Recognition exists, or it could be a cheap event-currency filler device sold for every event and dropped from every open-world event boss, or... you get the idea.

Ultimately, I'm just surprised we've never gotten something like this to this day.
The fact that the forums refuse to tell you how close you are to the character/post size limit until you attempt to post something that happens to be too big- and the automated spam filter will immediately completely lock you out of posting long-term if you attempt to post or edit posts too close to the character limit- is genuine agony.

This is my cry for help