test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 5/2/2024

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,117 Cryptic Developer
Nighthawk
  • Added visual timer to the ongoing open mission in Millennium City.
  • Reduced the duration of each location to 5 minutes.
  • Added Grenade Launcher costume to the event store.

Bank
  • Added account bank in the Bank area in Millennium City. This can be accessed if you have the Premium Pack purchased or are a lifetime subscriber. (Players who have purchased hideouts can still access the account bank via their hideouts, this is just a new option in Millennium City).

Powers
  • Fixed an issue where On next Hit abilities were sharing a cooldown.

Costumes
  • Added Eye Accessory to the Blast Helmet unlock.

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,605 Arc User
    Can finally organize inventories between Account, Personal, and Super Group banks without having to instance hop constantly. Huge QoL!

The timer and duration change for this event is very much appreciated!
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 932 Arc User
    No grenade launcher pvd or power D:
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,461 Arc User
    Will Nighthawk favor earned now still be in our accounts when the event next rolls around? I.e. is there any reason to keep any of it after this event, or should we spend it all now?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 82 Arc User
    Tooltip says it expires in 30 days, so I assumed it won't carry over. Hope I'm wrong, though.
  • Options
    englishdamselenglishdamsel Posts: 17 Arc User
    Love the QoL updates! Could we have the account bank in the VIP Lounge as well, since it's supposed to be a convenient all-in-one area? And maybe a sort button for the account bank?
  • Options
    sort button for the shared bank would be really really nice
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited May 3
    This was a much needed update for the account bank. Its neat. The combination of reduced time/adding a timer on the Nighthawk event helps. That being said, I find it odd an item like this exist. 200 event currency for a item that has 3 uses.
    0981qaczyy48.png
    Post edited by qawsada on
  • Options
    solarfoxy#6434 solarfoxy Posts: 9 Arc User
    I do apreciate we can see now the cooldown between Nighthawk's instances, and that is has been reduced to 5 min. It's a great detail.
    Also we apreciate we can now use the Account bank on the Bank npc as well.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    This was a much needed update for the account bank. Its neat. The combination of reduced time/adding a timer on the Nighthawk event helps. That being said, I find it odd an item like this exist. 200 event currency for a item that has 3 uses.
    0981qaczyy48.png

I think it's useful if one is spending lots of time in Canada, The Desert, Vibora Bay, the Qliphothic Warzone, etc. Or in TA, TT, or some other Alert/Rampage/etc. Especially since it says others can use the summoned NPC as well.

Personally, I would never spend tokens on it. I might spend tokens on a permanent version (with a cooldown).

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    svidovosvidovo Posts: 16 Arc User
    Nighthawk
    Costumes
    • Added Eye Accessory to the Blast Helmet unlock.

I would love this if it the edges sat inside the mouth accessory correctly without clipping, or was adjustable with the cheek or brow slider. Making it an attachment to the mouth accessory would be another option. As it is, it's still better using and hiding the helmet piece.

• Options
    beelzebalzzbeelzebalzz Posts: 4 Arc User
    0981qaczyy48.png

Is it just me or did [NIGHTHAWK'S TALONS 3], and all mods for that matter, only cost 5 tokens in previous event cycles?
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 215 Arc User
    0981qaczyy48.png

Is it just me or did [NIGHTHAWK'S TALONS 3], and all mods for that matter, only cost 5 tokens in previous event cycles?

The "extra" store junk like mods and 7% catalysts got bumped from 5 tokens per to 10 tokens per with the jump over to account-wide currencies. To my knowledge, it wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes at all, it just happened. Bad change, but it feels like that's to be expected with account currencies now.
    The fact that the forums refuse to tell you how close you are to the character/post size limit until you attempt to post something that happens to be too big- and the automated spam filter will immediately completely lock you out of posting long-term if you attempt to post or edit posts too close to the character limit- is genuine agony.

This is my cry for help