test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Toggles/Secondaries not Triggered With Certain Powers

mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 37 Arc User
edited April 1 in Gameplay Bugs
Hi There!

So one of my favorite builds is a Whirlwind + Ball lightning + Dust Devil+ Wall of Ice Build BUT assorted Onslaught/Cosmic Strike Offense Secondaries and Damage Toggles ONLY trigger with specific powers I listed when they should trigger from ALL of them.

Chilled Form and Concentration ONLY trigger with Wall of Ice from 25ft+ away (good)

Chilled From and Concentration DO NOT trigger from Whirlwind (Maintain)/25ft+ away, Ball Lightning 25ft+ away, Dust Devil 25ft+ away. I know Ball Lightning, Dust Devil and Wall of Ice (?) are all pseudo pets but they all do Ranged AOE damage and the Toggles state "Whenever one of your damaging ranged attacks is partially maintained, partially charged, or used from more than 25ft away..." So why the inconsistency? ALL of the powers I listed above meet one or more of those conditions from 25+ft away.

Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper work ONLY with Wall of Ice and NONE of the other powers listed from 25ft+ away

Gravitar's Onslaught DOES NOT work with Whirlwind (Maintain). Whirlwind is probably a Pseudo Pet as well (one that crits when no other pseudo pets in the game crit) but it's clearly described and functions as a maintain so it should trigger Gravitar's Onslaught.

Cosmic Strike's stacks ONLY trigger with Dust Devil, and when Ball Lightning and Wall of Ice explode at the end of their duration. Isn't Whirlwind "Direct Damage?" If not, why does one Pseudo Pet trigger stacks when none of the others do except during their explosion at the end?

Damage is damage. Can you guys please sort this out. It's a pain in the arse when power descriptions describe a power as one thing and that description meets trigger conditions on another power/item but then fail to trigger the effect.

Please fix!

Thanks! =)

Post edited by mcgarnackle on

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,158 Cryptic Developer
    None of these are bugs, per say (although it's odd that some are working in certain situations and not others).

Whirlwind - Because this power's effects can be extended, it's considered a dot, and not direct damage.
    Ball Lightning - This is a summon and also considered dot damage.
    Dust Devil - This is a summon and also considered dot damage.
    Wall of Ice - This is a summon and also considered dot damage.
  • mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 37 Arc User
    None of these are bugs, per say (although it's odd that some are working in certain situations and not others).

Whirlwind - Because this power's effects can be extended, it's considered a dot, and not direct damage.

Indeed. Thanks for the response @kaiserin#0958 .

All of the tooltips describe those powers (while Whirlwind and Wall of Ice are also tagged as DOT) as "Ranged AOE Damage" exactly like powers like Force Cascade, Hurricane, Lightning Storm, etc... You can see how that might be confusing when the only mention of "Direct" Ranged Damage is found on OV Items themselves (to the best of my knowledge.)

Perhaps DOT Damage could be added to Gloves of the Sniper as a trigger for the buff? That seems like an equitable and all encompassing solution to the issue concerning the powers I listed in my OP.

• mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 37 Arc User

Indeed. Thanks for the response @kaiserin#0958 .

All of the tooltips describe those powers (while Whirlwind and Wall of Ice are also tagged as DOT) as "Ranged AOE Damage" exactly like powers like Force Cascade, Hurricane, Lightning Storm, etc... You can see how that might be confusing when the only mention of "Direct" Ranged Damage is found on OV Items themselves (to the best of my knowledge.)

Perhaps DOT Damage could be added to Gloves of the Sniper as a trigger for the buff? That seems like an equitable and all encompassing solution to the issue concerning the powers I listed in my OP.

If one of the Energy Projector toggles could be triggered by DOTs too that would be great. (Weather Shaping probably the logical choice as two of the powers are in that set, and Stormbringer passive boosts all of the damage types for those powers.)

As a side note, if you're resistant to adding DOT damage as a trigger on Gloves of the Sniper, what about making an entirely new Onslaught Secondary that is similar to Gravitar's Onslaught but for DoT damage. That would open up a lot of cool builds and put them closer, as far as damage is concerned, to non DOT builds.