test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20240306.1 - Lockbox, Perks Vendor

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited March 25 in PTS - The Archive
Lockbox
  • Added Molten, Radiated and Obsidian auras to the pts debugger.
  • Added Monster Idle emote to the pts debugger.
  • Added Radioactive Roar costume transformation to the pts debugger.
  • Added Ultimate Thunderstrike power variant device to the pts debugger.
  • Added Sundering Breath power unlock to the pts debugger.
  • Added Sharp Fins costume to the debugger store.

Fixer Vendor
  • Added stores that lists obtainable perk rewards.
  • Note: Most of these items currently do not display any images and may have inaccurate names for some of the enemy group requirements.

Powers
Sigils of the Storm
  • Added a 10% chance to apply Negative Ions.

Ball Lightning
  • Increased chance to apply Negative Ions by 5% for ranks 1 and 2.

Electric Current
  • Adjustments to FX.

New Power: Sundering Breath
  • Electricity Framework
  • Unlockable from the Perks store by acquiring the High Voltage perk.
  • Deals continuous Electrical damage in a cylinder.
  • Damage is doubled against targets affected by Negative Ions. Consumes Negative Ions upon hit.
  • Adv: (2) Heals you whenever the power consumes Negative Ions.

Sorcery Aura Passives
  • Made a change to how these apply when multiple users are using them. They will no longer continuously randomly overlap, however the first application will take priority over other applications.
  • Note: Unfortunately we do not have a reliable way for a power to always choose the best instance of an effect.

Devices
Ultimate Thunderstrike
  • Scales off of Thunderstrike.
  • Deals damage in a area effect. Damage is lowered against secondary targets.
  • Applies Negative Ions and Knocks Down targets.
  • Applies Ionic Field on the main target, increasing Electrical damage taken for a short time.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Ultimate thunder strike
    1) Must own electrical Current to activate this power. - Why?
    2) This device has different values if you own the thunder strike power. - Understand

Sundering Breath.
    1) Found in PTS
    2) How can I get High Voltage Perk so I can test it?
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Thanks for bringing back the PTS mods vendor! Any chance that all the old currencies can come back too?

Some of the obsidian auras, even the black ones, look more like some kind of translucent/frosted glass, rather than truely opaque obsidian. I think it was the obsidian body aura which looked most like obsidian and all the other should be like that one.

I could not see any kind of "pulse" in the Radiated pulse auras, looked just like the non-pulse variety.

So much rock/earth themed stuff that it makes one hope that an earth revamp is around the corner.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    qynn411qynn411 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Ultimate Thunderstrike:
    • Minor typo in third paragraph of actual power text: 3825e213f9d3cdfa9f12280622658b29.png "a ultimate rune" should be "an ultimate rune"

Sundering Breath:
    • incomplete flavor/descriptive text: 6a4f51ba4c8c236e5dbfb72768824a11.png
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 190 Arc User
    Lockbox
    Sorcery Aura Passives
    • Made a change to how these apply when multiple users are using them. They will no longer continuously randomly overlap, however the first application will take priority over other applications.
    • Note: Unfortunately we do not have a reliable way for a power to always choose the best instance of an effect.

A thought occurs. Since various effects- from healing an ally out of combat who's hurt themselves via fall damage, to using any kind of PBAoE or other non-targeted AoE- flag the user as in combat for the purposes of auras, couldn't this be used to very easily soft-troll open-world content (mostly Cosmics and Eido) by people forcing Hybrid auras by being the first "in combat" before the fighting's even started? (Grimoire (AoPM) gets a PBAoE at just level 6- and a more reliable one at the choice-between-two at 11- which could be abused for this, while other auras would require a FF slot, but since there's usually a free FF slot every year or so that isn't asking for very much either.)

In most cases, this change should be a noticeable improvement since auras Z-fighting (mostly Support versus Hybrid) is an enormous pain to more energy-precarious builds, but that small outlier I just pointed out here is what has me worried. Would recommend keeping this on the PTS until a method is devised to choose the best instance of an effect (or another solution to the issue is explored) for that particular reason.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    A way for the game to pick the best effect over others is unlikely to ever happen, just how it is.

On live the current situation is the effects randomly replace one another. This change would make the effects consistent.
  • Options
    How do I get Sundering Breath?
    ATM I cannot seem to earn the perk to make it available.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Small Suggestion for Sundering Breath
    -Add a 2pt adv that applies Superconductor to all targets upon a full maintain.
    -Add a 2pt adv that applies Disintegrate to the primary target and Plasma Burn to secondary targets upon a full maintain.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    Did you get Sundering Breath or is this just a suggestion?
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Did you get Sundering Breath or is this just a suggestion?

Just a suggestion.

Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    Obsidian Aura (Armor) and Obsidian Aura (Armor) (Color)
    These two auras are using the FX from the new Winter Event ice auras, instead of the Obsidian FX.
  • Options
    shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 57 Arc User
    I know this isn't -exactly- the right thread to report it but it's related and there's no new post of notes;

Bug: Kaiju Shoulders are not registering as collected for the Kaiju perk when unlocked.
  • Options
    The Perk to get Sundering Breath has been updated From Release the Kaiju to Release Commander Zillargon
    But power is supposed to be available when releasing the Sidekick. IT is also in Preview of Lock Box.
    DO we need to get both Sidekick and power from Lockbox to unlock it?
This discussion has been closed.