test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Convert Archetype Characters to Freeform After Lifetime Subscription

Hello! After submitting a ticket, I was instructed to post here about this possible bug I'm experiencing.

As the title says, I purchased the lifetime sub and, afterward, am unable to upgrade Archetype characters with a gold border around their icon to Freeform. Other characters, with silver around their icon, have the option to convert. Here's a couple screenshots to showcase what I mean:
ckd0a73bzyq5.jpg
tjp8y6lxj9jo.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,093 Cryptic Developer
    Heyas, please contact support, they can help you with this.​​
  • Options
    Heyas, please contact support, they can help you with this.​​

Hello! I did contact support already, they're the ones who told me to post here. They said this was likely a bug and that they wanted me to post to be able to see if other people are having this issue.

• Options
    Hey sorry for the late reply. Please try contacting them again in regards to this, you can link them this thread.
  • Options
    Hey sorry for the late reply. Please try contacting them again in regards to this, you can link them this thread.

Oh okay! No worries, I forgot to check this as well for a few days!
  • Options

I have received a response from the second ticket asking me not to make duplicate tickets about the same issue, but they DID re-open the first ticket, so I guess it's a mixed bag.
  • Options
    Alright, so as this issue is still not solved, I attempted to use a Retrain Token (as the description of the item states that Gold members can switch Archetype characters to Freeform and vice versa). It didn't work - no option to change the character popped up on the character selection screen.

That's when I noticed something! The characters that I could use the token on had "Gold" or "Silver" in the name box on the upper right-hand corner of the screenshots. The characters with "Special" didn't have the option.

I sent in a follow-up ticket about this but the issue is still being looked into, and I was not offered a refund for the token, so the ticket was set as "solved" for now.
  • Options
    I can look into this after the break. Generally a retrain token is the solution for this issue, but it looks like that's not working unfortunately.​​
  • Options
    Heyo, sorry I didn't see this until now. Thank you for trying to keep up with this issue. Is there any news?