test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 9/21/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2023 in Release Notes
Anniversary
  • New Mission: Complete the Mechanon Menace mission 5 times, rewards the Retro Warlord Greaves costume.
  • Added Retro Warlord Leg Armor and Boots costumes to the event store.
  • Players can claim a free costume slot (on the character who claims it) from the ZEN store this week.
  • As a reminder this is the last week to claim the free Freeform slot from the ZEN store.
  • The weekly store features Foxbatcon items!
  • Fixed a bug where the mission reward sidekicks were not binding upon completion of the mission.

Free Tailor Week
  • Costume changes are free this week at the tailor.
  • Added Tech collar to the costume editor.
  • Added Lightning 2 Chest and Legs pattern to the costume editor.

Lockbox
The Scarlet Scarab lockbox is now available!
  • Added new Remarkable and Extraordinary item qualities, these will be used only for items featured in Lockboxes. All Lockbox items have been converted to these new rarities.
  • This lockbox, and future lockboxes, will display drop rates in the tooltip.
  • Removed the innate Drifter Salvage granted in this lockbox. In its place, added new Booster Box VI as an innate item to the Scarlet Scarab Lockbox. This item grants the salvage that opening a lockbox previously granted.
  • The Costume Box that can be obtained in this lockbox innately grants a Lockbox Costume Token upon opening in addition to a costume item.
  • The Aura Box that can be obtained in this lockbox innately grants a Lockbox Aura Token upon opening in addition to an aura item.
  • These tokens will be shared with all future lockboxes. As a note, we will be looking into adding a way of transferring them using the account bank.
  • Costume and Aura tokens can be used at the Lockbox Store located at the Lockbox Vendor. You can exchange these tokens for bound versions of featured lockbox costume items (they still unlock on your account, they just cannot be traded), or account bound versions of featured lockbox aura items.
  • Known issue: The exchange store is not currently locking out purchase of already owned costumes. This will be addressed next week.

New to this lockbox:
  • Scarlet Scarab Loyal Sidekick
  • Ultimate Particle Smash Power Variant Device
  • Scarlet Scarab Costume Box
  • Nebula Aura Box
  • Nebula Weapon Aura Box
  • Lantern Emote
  • Hearty Laugh Emote

Scarlet Scarab Costume Box
  • Scarlet Scarab Tights 1
  • Scarlet Scarab Tights 2
  • Scarlet Scarab Helmet 1
  • Scarlet Scarab Helmet 2
  • Scarlet Scarab Shoulders 1
  • Scarlet Scarab Shoulders 2
  • Scarlet Scarab Armor 1
  • Scarlet Scarab Armor 2
  • Scarlet Scarab Emblem
  • Scarlet Scarab Back Claw
  • Scarlet Scarab Wings
  • Scarlet Scarab Arm Accessory 1
  • Scarlet Scarab Arm Accessory 2
  • Scarlet Scarab Bracers 1
  • Scarlet Scarab Bracers 2
  • Scarlet Scarab Hands
  • Scarlet Scarab Hip Armor
  • Scarlet Scarab Leg Armor 1
  • Scarlet Scarab Leg Armor 2
  • Scarlet Scarab Greaves 1
  • Scarlet Scarab Greaves 2
  • Scarlet Scarab Feet

Nebula Aura Box
  • Nebula Full Aura
  • Nebula Full Aura (Black)
  • Nebula Full Aura (White)
  • Nebula Full Aura (Rainbow)
  • Nebula Head Aura
  • Nebula Head Aura (Black)
  • Nebula Head Aura (White)
  • Nebula Head Aura (Rainbow)
  • Nebula Chest Aura
  • Nebula Chest Aura (Black)
  • Nebula Chest Aura (White)
  • Nebula Chest Aura (Rainbow)
  • Nebula Hands Aura
  • Nebula Hands Aura (Black)
  • Nebula Hands Aura (White)
  • Nebula Hands Aura (Rainbow)
  • Nebula Feet Aura
  • Nebula Feet Aura (Black)
  • Nebula Feet Aura (White)
  • Nebula Feet Aura (Rainbow)

Nebula Weapon Aura Box
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Dual)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Dual) (Black)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Dual) (White)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Dual) (Rainbow)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Single)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Single) (Black)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Single) (White)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Single) (Rainbow)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Right)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Right) (Black)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Right) (White)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Right) (Rainbow)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Left)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Left) (Black)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Left) (White)
  • Melee Weapon Aura: Nebula (Left) (Rainbow)

ZEN Store
14th Anniversary Key Pack
  • Cost: 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Retro Warlord Tights Costume
  • 25x Rank 5 Confront Mods
  • 25x Rank 5 Cybermind's Impression Mods
  • 1x Ren Cen Teleport Device
  • 3 Triumphant Recovery
  • 10x Healing Device
  • 10x Energy Surge Device

UI
  • Removed various no longer used currencies from the display tab. If you had any of these currencies, they are still on your character, and can be converted at applicable stores.

Perks
  • Fixed a bug where Defender did not count towards the We Are the Champions perk.

Powers
All players have received a free respec.

Eviscerate
  • Increased damage and cost.
  • Refresh duration now adjusts with rank.
  • Adjusted damage values on Deep Wound effect, damage has slightly increased.
  • Messy Adv: Increased duration of Shredded refresh amount.

Tear Down
  • New Adv (2): Refreshes bleeds on the main target.

Plasma Cutter
  • Now refreshes Plasma Burn when not fully charged.
  • Increased damage and cost.
  • Adjusted damage values on Overheat effect, damage has increased.
  • Corrected tooltip that erronously stated the area effect of Overheat was 10ft. Correct value is 5ft.

Particle Smash
  • Adjusted damage values on Particle Smash rupture effect, damage has increased.
  • New Adv (2): After the detonation effect, spreads your Plasma Burn effect to nearby targets (does not spread to the primary target). Chance to apply additional stacks for each stack that was on the primary target.
  • Power now roots in place during activation.

Devices
Ultimate Particle Smash
  • Single Target particle Damage.
  • Consumes all of your Plasma Burn on the target.
  • Applies Disintegrate to targets in an 25ft area effect.
  • Applied Particle Bomb to targets in a 25ft area effect. This effect causes damage in a 15ft area effect around each affected target. Damage scales based on how many Plasma Burns were consumed, and diminishes per target affected.

Brilliant Cleave
  • Fixed a bug where the heal on this device was triggering for each target hit.
  • Fixed a bug where the damage on this power wasn't affected by Harbinger.
  • Updated tooltip to state that the heal is considered to be a life drain effect.

Toxic Rifle
  • Fixed an issue with the poison chance tooltip readout.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    I'm really bummed the Invisible hands/feet aura's weren't included. Any chance of a hotfix to add them today/tomorrow?
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Huh, 50 costume tokens to unlock a costume. I just opened 30 loot boxes and got 8 costumes, so 8 costume tokens, so I'd need to open 187 or so to get to 50. !87 keys at 80 zen a pop is 14,960, which is around $130 Canadian right now. Seems reasonable . . .

Also, where are the hairs? There were two new hairs promised at the start of the Anniversary event and I don't remember you mentioning them in any of the updates. This is the last week correct?
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    BUG: The Loyal Sidekick Qulaar Drone and The Loyal Sidekick Trooper Bot are no longer bind on Equip (as they were advertised to be before; that couldn't be a bug since that's what the text describing them said and people count on the devs providing ACCURATE information when they are making their plans) and are now just bound to the character who farmed them. Since this was not how they were advertised initially, I know this must be a bug. I am guessing that next patch will have a vendor where we can swap the bugged bound versions for the proper unbound versions. At least that would be the fair and proper thing to do.​​
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Are the costume/aura tokens character bound or do they go in the inventory? If they go in the Currencies is there a deposit for them in the Account storage?

Why not just make the lockbox costume and aura tokens the same token? The number of tokens you need is absolutely absurd enough that this would make it more reasonable. Or divide the number of tokens you need by 10.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    WHERE IS THE KAMEN RIDER FALCON KICK!?

80bca61704b964090c1240b6f8cfa2231695285185.png

WHERE IS THE KAMEN RIDER FALCON KICK!?

Teasing us with powers that DON'T EXIST

Here I was hoping like a moron that the game finally got New Kick powers and Kick Ultimate :unamused:
    This was the second Kamen Rider lockbox you failed to give us KICK powers
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Scarlet Scarab Costume Box
    LOVE The Kamen rider aesthetic!
    Awesome, you can now make Neo-Spacian Flare Scarab and Elemental HERO Flare Neos
    NeoSpacianFlareScarab-POTD-EN-SR-UE.png300px-ElementalHEROFlareNeos-LCGX-EN-C-1E.png

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    I look at that costume and see Megalon

qfvixm0i601e.png​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Also, where are the hairs? There were two new hairs promised at the start of the Anniversary event and I don't remember you mentioning them in any of the updates. This is the last week correct?

They might have meant the Mindslayer/Viperia hairs? Which have (theoretically) been added but they're super-rare drops of course.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User

They might have meant the Mindslayer/Viperia hairs? Which have (theoretically) been added but they're super-rare drops of course.
    Not sure why those would have been added in the Anniversary previews then, it got my hopes up, but all the costume parts we got were stupid warlord stuff. I could have sat this year out I guess.
  • Options
    starflairexstarflairex Posts: 80 Arc User

Not sure why those would have been added in the Anniversary previews then, it got my hopes up, but all the costume parts we got were stupid warlord stuff. I could have sat this year out I guess.

The first patch note just said Mindslayer and Viperia costumes were updated, not that the costumes were available (as I learned after killing Viperia 50 some-odd times).

One of the more recent patch notess mentioned Mindslayer now being available as a rare drop from Mindslayer herself (it also has a chance of dropping from the AtTend alert, so getting in on anniversary stuff may not be a bad idea)

Viperia hair I believe will be released as a drop within the next couple of weeks, but that hasn't been posted "officially".
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    So I have to ask, why is the cost of Lockbox costume tokens at 50. Shouldn't it be *way* lower than that? Maybe not even a tenth of that?

I ask this because, say someone manages to get 100 keys, of course there's going to be people that get more, especially if there's a discount on zen store items or if you buy them off of someone.

But let's say someone has 100 keys. Out of those 100 keys you get 10-20 costume boxes. That means you only get 10-20 Lockbox Costume tokens. Well, if you wanted to buy one or two of the costumes, tough luck pal, you need *50*

The cost should definitely have been just 5 tokens per costume, especially if you take into consideration that you're only getting -one- of these costume pieces. If anything, it's just better to buy these costume pieces off the AH after two weeks go buy when the prices of the Scarlet Beetle go down.

I'm sure that we non-whales will able to conveniently buy one of the lockbox costume pieces, after we manage to get -50- of those lockbox costume boxes.

Then again, this all sounds like "broke **** attitude".
  • Options
    xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Todays shard maintence is a great time to add the Invisible hands/feet aura's...Just saying . :)
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Yeah. Token costs are insanely high since the boxes aren't guaranteed. It could be hundreds of keys. 10 and 5 sounds better. Sure they can be saved for future lockboxes to auto unlock a thing you want. The number of lockbox keys to get that many costume boxes just makes it glaringly obvious how predatory the system as a whole really is.

Yes, these tokens are an extra bonus and lockboxes have not changed in how they are monetized. However, it really is a bit extreme how many you need.

I'd rather the tokens be as small an amount as possible for a random bound unlock. Or you could exchange extra costume pieces for bulk tokens.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,746 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    just a quick, late catch here-

Bug: Eviscerate's dmg at Rank 3 is now the same as it is at Rank 1 (R2 seems fine).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!