test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230829.15 - Lockbox

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Lockbox
  • Added new Remarkable and Extraordinary item qualities, these will be used only for items featured in Lockboxes.
  • New lockboxes will now show drop rates. This will not be done for existing lockboxes.
  • New lockboxes will no longer innately drop salvage.
  • Added new Booster Box VI as an innate item to the Scarlet Scarab Lockbox. This item grants the salvage that opening a lockbox previously granted.
  • Opening any new Lockbox Aura Boxes (no existing boxes) will now grant 1 Lockbox Aura token in addition to the regular contents. Players can exchange these tokens at a new store for bound versions of featured lockbox auras. Boxes opened prior to this update will not retroactively grant any tokens.
  • Opening any new Lockbox Costume Boxes will now grant 1 Lockbox Costume token in addition to the regular contents. Players can exchange these tokens at a new store for bound versions of featured lockbox costumes. Boxes opened prior to this update will not retroactively grant any tokens.
  • These tokens will be shared with all future lockboxes.
  • Dev note: We will look into allowing you to store these in the hideout bank in a future update.
  • The sidekick in the Scarlet Scarab lockbox binds to account upon equip.
  • Added Scarlet Scarab costume set the the pts debugger.
  • Added Nebula Auras to the pts debugger.
  • Added Lantern and Hearty Laugh emote the the debugger.
  • Added Ultimate particle Smash to the debugger.

UI
  • Removed various no longer used currency from the display tab. If you had any of these currencies, they are still on your character, and can be converted at applicable stores.

Perks
  • Fixed a bug where Defender did not count towards the We Are the Champions perk.

Powers
Eviscerate
  • Increased damage and cost.
  • Refresh duration now adjusts with rank.
  • Adjusted damage values on Deep Wound effect, damage has slightly increased.
  • Messy Adv: Increased duration of Shredded refresh.

Plasma Cutter
  • Now refreshes Plasma Burn on tap.
  • Increased damage and cost.
  • Adjusted damage values on Overheat effect, damage has increased.
  • Corrected tooltip that erronously stated the area effect of Overheat was 10ft. Correct value is 5ft.

Particle Smash
  • Adjusted damage values on Particle Smash rupture effect, damage has increased.
  • New Adv (2): After the detonation effect, spreads your Plasma Burn effect to nearby targets. Chance to apply additional stacks for each stack that was on the primary target.
  • Power now roots in place during activation.

Devices
Ultimate Particle Smash
  • Single Target particle Damage.
  • Applies Disintegrate to targets in an area effect.
  • Causes a mass area detonation effect for each Plasma Burn on the target.

Brilliant Cleave
  • Fixed a bug where the heal on this device was triggering for each target hit.
  • Fixed a bug where the damage on this power wasn't affected by Harbinger.
  • Updated tooltip to state that the heal is considered to be a life drain effect.

Toxic Rifle
  • Fixed an issue with the poison chance tooltip readout.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    So basically killing the secondary market for lockbox auras and costumes? Buy keys or go home? I think this will have the reverse effect. People who used to open extra boxes to get all the parts and sell the extras will now have to open less, since there will be guaranteed no dupes, and no place to sell them anyway. Any people who didn't buy keys will still not buy keys.

Instead of tokens/currency, make them vouchers. Tradable. storable. Problem solved.

Clarified with Kaiserin in discord. These are in addition to the costume and aura drops, not in place of. So its a bonus drop. Basically get the costume drop plus a token.

as per Kaiserin:
    So it costs 50 costume tokens for a costume, and 25 aura tokens for an aura. If you open a costume box, you get 1 costume and 1 costume token. Aura box gives an aura and 1 aura token

Question. Particle smash advantage. Will it re-apply plasma burn to the original primary target, or just surrounding ones? Given that it detonates plasma burn on all targets it hits, it makes it more powerful on the secondary targets (detonate and then re-apply) then it does on the primary (detonate only)

Will pair nicely with Laser shotgun though.
    Post edited by redcastle56 on
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 190 Arc User
    With Brilliant Cleave being looked at, I'd like to raise that the critical buff in particular needs to be looked at. It's meant to be something that rewards consecutive hits while Illuminated, but with the buff only lasting five seconds and only applying on a combo finisher, most late-game and endgame ANYTHING forces the player to block for long-enough stints of time that the pitifully-short 5-second buff expires- or else often enough that you can't even get off a combo-finisher most of the time- meaning it rarely actually works. And that's before getting into the fact that Brilliant Cleave tends to need you to pause to apply three or four DoTs and debuffs to actually function properly, unlike other combos that need half the setup for the same or more output. The crit bonus is in a bad spot, and needs a buff to either last at least a tiny bit longer (10 seconds instead of 5 for example) or needs to fully refresh on all Brilliant Cleave taps rather than just the combo finisher, for the sake of at least a little more flexibility. If you're feeling generous, simply make the bonus 20% crit chance always active while the user is Illuminated, though that feels like a bit much unless you plan on giving a similar treatment to competing powers. (Which, I mean... that would be good QoL for anyone using those powers?)

Also, huh, the heal on each target hit was considered a bug all along? Odd considering that was advertised as a selling point when it first dropped, but alright. Here's to hoping that this bugfix-nerf at least makes the healing an innate effect regardless of doing damage so that the issue of some enemies constantly backpedaling out of range (or all enemies being knocked aggressively out of range by low-DPS high-knock builds) don't make the green ticks AND yellow ticks go away. Because that... is an annoying problem with it as it currently exists on live, mostly in casual carry situations.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    So I don't mind the fact that the fact that Brill Cleave's heal was triggering every hit on any enemy is being taken away. But, it wasn't a bug in the first place, especially since we were led to believe (by a dev's words) that this was an intended effect until it wasn't.

So I'm questioning the integrity of that 'honest update'.

Overall, I'm glad that Harbinger works with it now.
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    Please, please give us the helmet's central horn as a top accessory on its own. It'd make for such a unique piece for both samurai helmets and beetle-themed characters!
  • Options
    littlemissmarshlittlemissmarsh Posts: 12 Arc User
    Please, please give us the helmet's central horn as a top accessory on its own. It'd make for such a unique piece for both samurai helmets and beetle-themed characters!

they mean the 1st helmet, proper, but i also echo this sentiment, if possible

call me kat | she/they/nyan | nonbinary / catgirlgender

I cwose my eyes and seize it! UwU
    I cwench my fist and beat it! OwO
    I wight my towch and buwn it! ☆w☆
    I am the beast I wowship! ΦwΦ

This discussion has been closed.