test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hyper Voice Rework

edited August 2023 in Suggestions Box
Hyper Voice is, aesthetically, one of my favorite single powers in the game. It looks super cool, it sounds super cool, it's frickin' cool, and I'll hear no arguments otherwise.

It breaks my heart, then, that it also kinda sucks, and isn't suitable for any kind of serious builds.

Thus, I would like to politely but urgently request that the power be reworked to make it more feasible for use.

A few specific suggestions:

-I would boost the damage, first off, so that it can compete with other, more damaging powers in the framework.

-I would also suggest removing the Repel; as much as I like it, thematically, repelling isn't exactly the meta. It's also counterproductive, as it pushes enemies out of its own range. Instead, I would suggest that the power apply Snare to targets while it's being maintained, slowing their movement speed, and Knock Down targets on full Maintain. On the off chance that anyone does still want the Repel, it could be made into an advantage instead.

-Deafening isn't a very useful advantage, due to the dearth of other powers that apply Sonic Damage. In an ideal world, we could fix that by... adding more Sonic powers, because those are cool and I want them. But in the absence of that, I would have it apply or refresh the Demolish debuff, which would allow it to gel more easily with the other powers in the Might framework.

-And lastly... this isn't really a concern of mine, personally, but I've been told by some that Hyper Voice is a dumb name. It doesn't really matter much to me what it's called, but I do agree that Sonic Scream would be a better, more fitting name.

EDIT: I have been given some much better ideas by RavenForce, a staple of the community and someone who knows this game much better than I. XD

As per her suggestion, the innate repel should be replaced by the Application and/or Refresh of the Deafening debuff, stunning enemies on full maintain.

She also suggested an adv called Shattered Concentration, which would add a 50% chance to interrupt any existing charging attacks, and that the Snare/Knock Down on full maintain be added as an advantage as well, called Concussive Screams.

She has better ideas than I do, as per usual~
Post edited by ournameislegion#3113 on