test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gadget Pet build review request

bughousebughouse Posts: 105 Arc User
Old style Gadgeteer summons build, nothing too fancy. Want to see how it can be improved.
I'm not overly confident about Toxic Nanites, probably a better power to use there.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.45:38

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 9: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 12: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Sonic Blaster
Level 1: Experimental Blaster (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Medical Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Sonic Boom Generator (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Concentration
Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 20: Munitions Bots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Toxic Nanites
Level 32: Attack Toys (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Mechanical Monstrosity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Energy Shield
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Hover Disk (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Toxic Nanites is okay, as is the rest of the build (for a pet-focused one, at least). You could replace Toxic Nanites for Medical Arrow in Archery (maybe w/ Illum adv, taking a rank from the Muni Bots or the Ult for it), if you want a ranged Tech cd power that's a bit more support-oriented. You could also consider changing the slotted passive, depending on what type of buff you want to give to your pets and allies. The Death Ray adv is also good for Exp Blaster, though you have to tap the power to get the most out of it (and taps won't proc Conc if you're too close), or you could just switch to using R3 PBR. Regardless, I wouldn't take this build to stuff like Cosmics, but it can be fine in easier content and/or for solo. You also didn't post the specs, but you def want Commander spec if taking that many pets.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    bughousebughouse Posts: 105 Arc User
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try out Med Arrow. I hadnt even thought about specs so thanks for the reminder there, will definately go Commander.

Any thoughts to what woulf replace Attsvk Toys if I were to drop it?
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Attack Toys are good to keep if you want to keep the build pet-focused. Replacing it would just come down to w/e other functionality you want to add to the build (heals, rezes, CC, threat wipe, Chest Beam to debuff for PBR_Exp Blaster, something like Particle Wave or Energy Wave w/ adv to pull mobs together, etc).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!