test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Force Onslaught targets to respawn even when the whole group isn't killed

godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 69 Arc User
I have no idea why this hasn't been fixed. You've got people only killing the bots that are the actual targets, and leaving the soldiers behind. Because of the way their respawns are attached to each other, those targets don't respawn. Now the next player to run an OV's screwed if he goes to that spot. Can be even made worse if someone just decides to kill the targets and no soldiers in every spot.

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    This is a dev-created feature. They like it this way. Been this way forever. At least usually we can hop zones and find some that haven't been messed up this way.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    This is a dev-created feature. They like it this way. Been this way forever. At least usually we can hop zones and find some that haven't been messed up this way.​​

That's a poor reason to keep it this way.

Same for hopping to another zone.

If someone doesn't notice this BEFORE they've popped their OV, they can't just hop because it turns off their OV and puts them on cooldown for one hour. So, even if they can buy a second OV on that character, they have to wait.

An elegant solution would be to make each of the soldiers ALWAYS grant an OV point. Not the random chance that it currently sits at. This would incentivize clearing the entire group.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    warcanch wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    If someone doesn't notice this BEFORE they've popped their OV, they can't just hop because it turns off their OV and puts them on cooldown for one hour. So, even if they can buy a second OV on that character, they have to wait.

This is why I always go to the UNTIL building first and make sure that the defenders and soliders are there. If not, hop zone. I only ever worry about getting 3 defenders. After that I just trade kills with a friend until done. Yes, tougher for those without friends ;)

Even more elegant would be to have a timer that respawns the whole group within a few minutes of the last indvidual in the group taking damage, same time as when you take out the whole group. But, devs aren't going to deal with it. They have terrible PVDs to toss together.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Yeah, Jaaz, that's how I do it. And, just because I'm disgruntled that the Devs "won't" change something doesn't mean they shouldn't. Especially given the recent OV gear changes.

Generally, I hope for improvements, and try to support others asking for same. But, I deal with things as they are, too. Often it is through "inaction". IE I don't grind for various drops that would be nice to get, but just live with the gear I already have.

That doesn't mean I don't do Cosmics. At least that scratches the itch plus it gives me tokens with which to purchase what I want ... eventually. However, I think you and others and myself have complained about the grinds for a token that are just too much when the tokens aren't account-wide. Eidolon is the primary example.

The initial part of my post was supposed to be aimed at the Devs. Not a criticism of your comment to the OP.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    Understood. Just tired of Devs wasting time on PVDs when what I want are power revamps, new account wide powers and even new powersets. I just can't see myself grinding for any of the PVDs.​​
    JwLmWoa.png