test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Onslaught Issues

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
I've been trying to hold off on making this post as I've not yet asked anyone else to help test this.

However, I have been doing Onslaught for a while now, like most other players and I have noticed a very strange and sharp increase in the amount of broken interactions that Onslaught Villains have versus players.

This mostly affects Medusa and Gravitar and there's some difficulty in reproducing these bugs but I've noted them enough to know the interactions are incredibly broken and severely disadvantage Onslaught Villains in the token farming game.

MEDUSA
  • Mind Spikes

This debuff has issues applying vs targets who are benefitting from the following:
  1. Dependency
  2. Bastion Shielding (multiple sources)
  3. Protection Field
  4. Mindful Reinforcement
  5. Demonic Flesh Graft
  6. Bionic Shielding
  7. Iniquity
  8. Sentinel Mastery
  9. Barrier effects
  10. Healing Runes

GRAVITAR
  • Gravity Well

This debuff has issues applying vs targets who are benefitting from the following:
  1. Dependency
  2. Bastion Shielding (multiple sources)
  3. Protection Field
  4. Mindful Reinforcement
  5. Demonic Flesh Graft
  6. Bionic Shielding
  7. Iniquity
  8. Sentinel Mastery
  9. Barrier effects
  10. Healing Runes

These issues means that the application of these debuffs, which is essential to progression of OV skills, is highly inconsistent and makes for underwhelming gameplay in some situations when your debuffs are not applying in the expected timeframe.

I think the simple fix is to make them apply on every hit for the powers which should be applying them instead of every other hit.

That being said, so as not to avoid the elephant in the room any longer, I do think the impact of support builds on OV needs to be considered too.

As a Support Main myself...its a mention I don't make lightly as sometimes players really do apply appropriate amounts of support to help a rampaging OV fight and it makes it far more engaging a fight (for the rare few that fight back and don't try to lure you towards turrets...).

However, of late, I have seen an increase in pretty unreasonable levels of support which severely hamper the intended effect of OV, which is for the OV to gain tokens and the players to beat them.

To be clear, I do not think the call is to nerf supports or really sturdy tanks/DPS but to simply look at the following:

General Notes:
  • Current Foes status buff. This is a damage increase which should be applying per active foe in range: Consider increasing this by a reasonable amount (and check if this is actually applying still).
  • TK Flurry / Gravitic Bolt - Make these apply Mind Spikes/Gravity Well with every hit of the power instead of every other hit.
  • Check why Mind Spikes/Gravity Well has issues applying vs targets who are being healed by a variety of sources and/or shielded and why this is sometimes inconsistent.

I'll update this list with anything else I note.