test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230614.12 - Patriot Week 2

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Patriot Celebration
  • Added Stars Tights 6, Patriot Armor and Patriot Bracers to the event store.
  • New Mission: Complete the Fireworks mission 5 times, rewards the Patriot Pants costume.
  • Glint Trail Auras: Fixed an issue where these were applying more rapidly than intended. Added a store to the Fixer vendor to exchange the corrected versions with the rapid versions.

Red Winter
  • Added Stars Tights 5 and Hammer Fist costume as a possible drop.
  • Added Havoc Hammer Variant Device as a possible drop.
  • Fixed a bug with the droprate on Electric Vengeance.

Gear
Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper
  • Adjusted the way this power checks for the range requirement to be more reliable with pbaoe powers.

Costumes
  • Renamed Hammer Bracer to Hammer Glove. Added additional material options. Added attachment options.
  • Added additional material options to Large Hook.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Ultimate Orbital Cannon caused summons to despawn.
  • Fixed a bug where Darkness Feast on Ebon Ruin was not applying properly.
  • The Rattled advantage on Hyper Voice now guarantees Disorient on full maintain.
  • Fixed a bug where Frag Grande was not counting as a dot.

Devices
Havoc Hammer
  • Can drop form the Red Winter alert.
  • Scales off of Haymaker
  • Deals Sonic damage. Damage increases if target is affected by Deafening.
  • Chance to stun target. Chance is guaranteed when affected by Disorient.
  • When fully charged, deals damage in an area effect and paralyzes the primary target while stunning other targets.
  • When fully charged applies an enhanced Bastion to you.
  • Fully charging this power prevents it from being charged for 15 seconds.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    Sorry but, what was the bug that affected the droprate on Electric Vengeance?
  • Options
    apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    This PVD seems verrrrrry niche and not in a good way. i think the concept of a sonic punch is good and it even has a pretty cool look to it, but players absolutely DESPISE things that lock you out upon a full charge and while the CC might seem situationally useful there are a wide variery of situations where it would be semi useless. id reccomend re considering the power lockout aswell as the cc part as a whole and perhaps introducing a different type of effect. if aoe is a absolute must then something less situational would suite it better.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Okay, this new PVD is horrendous. I'm sorry to say but, here's why:

- The lockout debuff that you suffer ruins the device's potential.

- The AoE is weak

- The Damage isn't comparable to the original.

- The CC could potentially be decent but Paralysis on the main target and stuns others around is basically a worse version of Sonic Arrow.

The fact of the matter is, for as long as this lockout remains, it's going to become a recurring problem for Havoc Hammer.

Gigavolt is one of the only powers that has a lockout, however, you can tap-spam it and it'd still do a relatively decent job at attacking enemies, because it's ranged and an AoE.

For this? You only have the stun, and it's against a single target (if you tap it, which you end up doing when you have the lockout debuff)

This PVD may have a potentially good use on say, someone who could potentially CC, but it's replacing a power that's a Main Attack.
    Post edited by rinzler156 on
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 190 Arc User
    So, why would anyone use this new PVD? This feels like it's just a way, way worse version of Electric Vengeance that exchanges worse everything for the """benefits""" of Enhanced Bastion, which... nobody really cares about outside of some solo builds. Basically everything about it is anti-synergistic both with Might/its original set as well as with any other set utilizing Sonic Damage, and the lock-out on full-charge severely gimps the damage it can do, as well as makes it worthless for ANOTHER of the melee toggleforms that almost everyone uses. No Enrage since no Knock (and since no bonus damage on Knock-resistant targets, this thing's got worse damage than Haymaker innately, even counting the Sonic Damage "rupture") but also no Tiger Form. It's stuck with either Form of the Tempest, which is bad since no near-guaranteed crits (wait, is this bait for those upcoming guaranteed-crit Cosmic secondaries?) or relying on something else just to maintain toggleform stacks, which is... passable on its own, but really, really awful when paired with the fact it just does worse damage overall.

Let's compare.

A no-geared level 40 R3 with generic single-target specs, at rest/not building stacks, a R3'd Night Warrior passive and R1/1-stack Enrage toggleform Str/Dex/End and the appropriate triple +8 and triple +5+5 talents, in melee role, is getting, looking at it in the powerhouse right now... roughly... 1,278-4,540 +30% on Knockback-immune targets for Haymaker, and 1,198-4,256 +20% on Deafening'd targets for Havoc Hammer, with 608 Sonic damage to all targets within 15 feet once every 15 seconds. Both, since I'm running Night Warrior passive, have 1.77s charge and 0.67s activate, or 2.44 total. So, six of them would be 14.64 seconds. Let's assume that Havoc Hammer can magically bypass its full charge restriction and only AoEs once every 15 seconds. Even then, in a 15 second span of 6 full charges each, R3'd Haymaker does 4540*1.3*6=35412, and R3'd Havoc Hammer does 4256*1.2*6+608=31251.2. And keep in mind, R2+Reckless Haymaker would hit harder than R3 Haymaker. In fact, screw it, let's say it magically keeps its AoE at all of those times! (4256*1.2+608)*6=34291.2, which is STILL lower than R3 Haymaker, which is STILL lower than R2+Reckless Haymaker! So... what is this really for?

Let's look at the other bonuses.

20% chance to Stun, 100% if target is Disoriented. Normally useless since anything you're hitting with any DPS power, even a gimped one like Havoc Hammer, is dying very fast anyways. This would be useful... where, in TT? Maybe at BEST. In solo play, turning this thing into some weird pseudo-single-target-Dragon-Kick for people clearing trash mobs? I mean, everything there dies to this fast anyways. Really though, this is probably just a trade-off for not having Haymaker's knock, which also serves to keep mobs in a state of being unable to attack the player. And then, the AoE effect once every 15 seconds only is for... what? It's not doing enough damage to kill anything outside of Normal-difficulty non-Tough level 40 Henchmen and below. The stun time, as is the nature of stuns, is microscopic unless running a dedicated CC build, and even then it's miniscule. And finally, Bastion. Oh boy, Bastion. This here is really what cements my thought that this is meant only for solo builds and sentimastery tanks. Bastion? Utterly worthless for endgame DPS. Anything dangerous eats through shields so fast it won't matter. Anything less and a healer, or hybrid healer, or DPS with healing utilities, sneezes at you and you're at full health. Bastion is bad in the endgame unless it's giving you so much shielding that you're pushing effortlessly into the mid tens of thousands, and if you're building around a device that tapspams, you'll NEVER get that high. (That's for the sacred realm of the Heavy Weapon users.) And charging does more damage than tapping with almost everything, but with NW and AoAC existing, everything that can charge does better damage charging as much as possible, so... yeah. Pain. The numbers I gave were weighted in favor of the new PVD by allowing it to charge more than once every 15 seconds even though it physically can't.

To force myself to be positive about something, though, I'll raise what I see for this PVD as far as viable usage goes. It's clearly a Sentimastery tank utility. The 15' sphere once every 15 seconds is for grabbing groups of enemies, whether before or after using some other power to knock or reverse-repel them closer into range, and locking them down VERY briefly with stuns so they don't attack DPSes too much, and to quickly apply Sentinel Mastery so DPSes- especially with AoEs- can rapidly heal off them. Meanwhile, for focusing on singular targets, as long as there's a Disorient applier handy, especially one that applies on tap, this is centered around just proccing Sentimastery for itself as much as possible, as often as possible. This playstyle sounds... really, really un-fun to me outside of the potential team utility (which takes way too long to recharge, once every fifteen seconds when mob crowds even in TT last five to ten seconds at the most, and sometimes under three, and everything else in the game dies quicker.)

All in all, I can envision a use for this PVD, but it's... really worse at everything it does than other powers. It's not a "good in some cases, bad in others" PVD, so much as it's a "not as good as a whole list of some powers in some cases, and it's just plain bad in others" PVD. Please, just take off the 15-second restriction on charging after a full charge. Even without that restriction, it still doesn't perform as well as plain Haymaker. If you need something restricted, just do something like making full charges consume Disorient to proc the AoE, and just have the AoE not proc if there's no Disorient available. Please, PLEASE, that'd make this device more of a slight downgrade to Haymaker in exchange for some team utility via CCing instead of this device being a massive downgrade in every imaginable way that also gets outpaced by Dragon Kick and Sword Cyclone for, of all things, team utility via literal or non-literal Crowd Control.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    New device is pretty bad and also has several bugs:

1. If you use any Reckless giving power after Havoc Hammer's bastion it will override bastion to a lower, 10% version
    2. Bastion given by Havoc Hammer doesn't seem to scale with rank, being stuck at 25%, unlike heavy weapon's Bold Entrance advantage that is 50%. Same bug happens with Bold Entrance too though, any Reckless application will override Bastion.

If you guys want new items to be desirable you have to make them useful, otherwise people have no reason to log in and farm for new content that you spent your time creating, new punch doesn't seem that great at all, just like new cosmic gear is still horrible... So yeah, I agree with all points about lockout/paralyze/damage making this device quite meh in all aspects.
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 138 Arc User
    Just tested out havoc hammer. I do more damage with full stacks of enrage about 2k extra. For now, I like it.
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 190 Arc User
    Just tested out havoc hammer. I do more damage with full stacks of enrage about 2k extra. For now, I like it.

Really? I just got back on to test it for a moment after reading that, and Havoc Hammer still does MUCH less damage than Haymaker even if you ignore the full-charge nerf/don't parse it and just go off comparing single full charges, or comparing tooltips.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I would highly recommend testing it again, because the original power certainly does more damage than this thing with the right setup, which is not hard to achieve at all
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    rinzler156 wrote: »
    Okay, this new PVD is horrendous. I'm sorry to say but, here's why:

- The lockout debuff that you suffer ruins the device's potential.

- The AoE is weak

- The Damage isn't comparable to the original.

- The CC could potentially be decent but Paralysis on the main target and stuns others around is basically a worse version of Sonic Arrow.

The fact of the matter is, for as long as this lockout remains, it's going to become a recurring problem for Havoc Hammer.

Gigavolt is one of the only powers that has a lockout, however, you can tap-spam it and it'd still do a relatively decent job at attacking enemies, because it's ranged and an AoE.

For this? You only have the stun, and it's against a single target (if you tap it, which you end up doing when you have the lockout debuff)

This PVD may have a potentially good use on say, someone who could potentially CC, but it's replacing a power that's a Main Attack.
    I wished for Sonic PVDs so I can update my Legacy SONIC DPS and I feel i got my wished corrupted! 🤣
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Just theory-crafting here but since Haymaker doesn't get locked out of use, does Havoc Hammer have to truly replace it or could it be used to good effect in conjunction with it? Some Power Variant Devices really don't have synergy with the power they scale off of and the parent power's framework. Others seems like they may end up being a free bonus power that can synergize with the parent power framework and just takes a free PVD slot that's not currently likely to compete with 5 other PVDs.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Putting in my two cents about Havoc Hammer.

Not enough powers provide Deafening. All powers that do are range based and typically do a paralysation/stun already reducing the effect of the pvd's.

A variant Haymaker that turns it into an AoE is pretty cool, but without melee attacks that could apply non-CC Deafening on tap, this is probably the worst one yet.
This discussion has been closed.