test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug With Poisons

edited June 2023 in Gameplay Bugs
Both poison refreshing powers, Bite and Infernal blast don't seem to refresh Noxious Poison from Defile/Corrosive Pit. Tooltip shows time being added but it still eventually runs out.
"In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake

Comments

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    I cannot repro this.​​
  • Options
    Video evidence:
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 192 Arc User
    To my knowledge, the Noxious Poison is actually successfully refreshed and can be seen ticking after "expiring" (much more easily seen if you copy-paste combat logs to a text file and Ctrl-F for it) but the timer of the DoT itself is not correctly refreshed by poison-refreshing effects, and visibly expires even though the effect is still active and refreshed. You can keep track of it by just assuming that if your poison stacks go, so does it, but it's still a bit of an un-fun mindscrew either way, and the DoT's icon/timer could use fixing for obvious reasons.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Post edited by shiningdarkness#0716 on
  • Options
    I cannot repro this.​​

Did further testing... That poison does seem to get refreshed on the main target, even if icon disappears, but area of effect damage aspect is NOT, so other targets do not get damaged once the icon disappears.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    This looks to be a purely visual bug with the icon, it is getting refreshed.​​
  • Options
    This looks to be a purely visual bug with the icon, it is getting refreshed.​​

Video evidence of it not being true. area of effect aspect of that poison is NOT refreshed.