test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230614.3 - Cosmic Gear

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Gear
  • Added new Cosmic gear as possible drops from Teleiosaurus, Qwyijibo, Eidolon and Kigatilik. These will be on live at a later date.
  • Added new set bonuses to Cosmic gear.

Cosmic Strike
  • Directly damaging with a ranged or melee attack will grant you 10 offense for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds. Once you hit 10 stacks, the next attack will grant a guaranteed chance to critically strike for 5 seconds and will expire once you deal direct damage.
  • +20 to all superstats.

Cosmic Ambition
  • After holding block for at least 2 sec, applies Cosmic Ambition which applies the 'blocking' flag on you, and increases your Knock resistance, Hold Resistance, and damage resistance to a small degree. This effect lasts up to 10 secs, or until you are directly damaged. You cannot trigger this effect again for 10 seconds. Once expired, increases your threat generation by 10% for 10 seconds.
  • +20 to all superstats.

Cosmic Presence
  • Increases the effectiveness of heals against targets below 50% health by 5%. If they are below 5% health, the amount is increased by 100% but this effect cannot trigger again for 10 seconds.
  • +20 to all superstats.

Cosmic Wonder
  • Reduces the cooldown time of your control and pet summon powers by 1 second every time you directly damage or heal a target. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.
  • +20 to all superstats.

Onslaught Gloves of the Savior
  • Fixed an issue where this effect wasn't always applying.

Onslaught Set Bonuses
  • Fixed an issue where the gloves were not counting the 2nd bonus when used on their own.

Misc
  • Added Black, White and Rainbow versions of the Sparkle auras to the pts store.
  • The existing Sparkle Skin aura has been renamed to Sparkle Skin (White).
  • Added Black, White and Rainbow versions of the Petal Cloud aura to the pts store.
  • Fixed an issue where the Petal Cloud aura did not scale.

Fixer
  • Added Cosmic secondaries to fixer vendor. Cosmic secondaries currently have 2 versions of the same item, store bought and drop. We are deprecating the versions that are given via drops due to a limitation with set bonuses (there's a hard limit to the number of items we can have in a set). Cosmic gear will still be able to drop, but it will no longer be a different item from the store bought version. These deprecated versions of the gear will not have set bonuses, so you can trade them in for the versions that do. Mods in the gear will be placed into your inventory upon trade in. Traded gear will bind to character.

Powers
Ritual of Primal Summoning
  • Changed Frenzy ability to a click power.
  • Fixed an issue where this pet swapped in and out of flying mode.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    BUG: The 3pc bonus "+10 to all stats" on the new cosmic secondary offense pieces is not stacking correctly with distinguished 2pc bonus "+10 to all non super-stats".

BUG: Onslaught Gloves of the Savior does not have the +20 superstats listed in the above notes, and is still not giving energy to allies.
  • Options
    The +20 stats was a typo, sorry. And I cannot repro the energy not applying, what powers are you using?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I tried energy builder, dark transfusion, electric powers with electric eb. I tried standing next to players, the healing dummy, and summoned pets. Nothing resulted in energy being granted to allies when I gained energy.

i also tried proccing wind reverb with wind powers, standing next to another player while teamed up. still no energy.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The new cosmic pieces look to be MUCH better than the old ones, even with the slight buff the old pieces are getting for set bonus. Probably need to do something more with them so their value matches the new pieces.

If the energy issue on the savior gloves is real and can not be fixed maybe have them apply a small amount of healing and/or damage resistence instead?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Gear

Cosmic Ambition
    • After holding block for at least 2 sec, applies Cosmic Ambition which applies the 'blocking' flag on you, and increases your Knock resistance, Hold Resistance, and damage resistance to a small degree. This effect lasts up to 10 secs, or until you are directly damaged. You cannot trigger this effect again for 10 seconds. Once expired, increases your threat generation by 10% for 10 seconds.
    • +20 to all superstats.

If it doesn't already, can having the 'blocking' flag on you increase Personal Force Field's shield regeneration rate as it does for normal blocking?
  • Options
    h4forums wrote: »
    I tried energy builder, dark transfusion, electric powers with electric eb. I tried standing next to players, the healing dummy, and summoned pets. Nothing resulted in energy being granted to allies when I gained energy.

i also tried proccing wind reverb with wind powers, standing next to another player while teamed up. still no energy.

I guess just for a sanity check, try to re-equip the gear, and make sure the allies nearby aren't at full energy. Everything you listed above works when testing it. (Dark transfusion will only work on click, energy regeneration won't trigger it).

Training dummies and pets don't use energy, so they won't gain any.​​
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    I guess just for a sanity check, try to re-equip the gear, and make sure the allies nearby aren't at full energy. Everything you listed above works when testing it. (Dark transfusion will only work on click, energy regeneration won't trigger it).

I set up a test with this as well using two other players, and am unable to grant energy to the allied player while using the Savior gloves.

I attempted to trigger the following energy gains:
    1) Concentration toggle form
    2) Killer Instinct Energy Unlock
    3) Power Surge (Distinguished Utility passive)
    4) Static Field (Force Eruption adv.) on myself, but not on the allied player
    5) Gunslinger Energy Builder
    6) ZStore Energy Consumable (Granted energy as normal, but not via saviors)
    7) Frosty Beverage (Granted energy as normal, but not via saviors)

I attempted the following ally arrangements, in and out of combat as possible:
    1) In a standard team
    2) In a teamup (Destroids Rise Again OM)
    3) Not in a team
    4) At 0', 20', 50', and 100' (I know the gloves have a 50' range, but wanted to make sure the sphere wasn't inverted or something, if that's even possible)
    5) 100' or more away from any possible objects (crates, etc.)
    6) 100' or more away from any possible allied NPCs (PH trainers, who have no E-Bar)
    7) With no super stats on the recipient
    8) Removing and reequipping the gloves
    9) With and without mods slotted

I hope these examples help narrow it down. If there are any further details that will help, I will try to provide them. Thank you for your attention in troubleshooting this. The effect has no visual indicator on the Savior-using player or the recipient, so I'm unable to tell if the effect is not triggering/applying at all, or if it's triggering but not granting X energy.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Gear

Cosmic Ambition
    • +20 to all superstats.

If it doesn't already, can having the 'blocking' flag on you increase Personal Force Field's shield regeneration rate as it does for normal blocking?

Tying a gear's special effect to the usefulness of a single passive is bad.

Should probably be something for when we have PFF related changes.

Blocking normally already doubles PFF's shield regen value.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    muo8s1lr0lis.png

The red cosmic secondary healer glove is checking its 5% condition after the heal is done. 6k heal pushes the dummy from 0% to 6% hp, which exceeds 5%. I don't believe its intended to work this way. Please change the checks to the time of the heal.

I tried all this and cannot get savior gloves to give energy to other players in any way. I tried some other random things too like only wearing ov secondaries, different roles, in and out of the powerhouse, and nothing works. Is the effect possibly only enabled for gm/dev?

EDIT: I also tested buying a fresh savior glove from the ov vendor, and it still doesn't grant energy to allies when i gain energy.
    Post edited by h4forums on
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Very interesting new gear options.

BUG: I tried the Cosmic Strike together with Cosmic Talons of Wrath and Cosmic Vision of Wrath on my DPS Novastar and the +100 Offense and +10 to All Stats listed as 3 piece bonuses on Cosmic Strike did not actually appear according to my character sheet.

My Primary Gear is Distinguished.

As a side note, the Cosmic Talons of Wrath, which I purchased on PTS does also list the 3 piece +10 to All Stats bonus, but the Cosmic Vision of Wrath which came over from live only lists the 2 piece bonus.
  • Options
    Please be sure to check the fixer vendor if you're using items from live, or buy new ones. As stated in the notes, certain copies of cosmic gear are being retired and won't work for the set bonus, but you can trade them in for working versions
  • Options
    Truth that everyone else is afraid to say:
    New cosmic gear is useless and nobody will bother farming it, because it is worse than gear we currently have available in game.
    Prediction:
    This post will be ignored and cosmic gear will be released as it is right now, leading to majority of people continuing to ignore CO and playing other games, because developers still do not understand that good rewards = player happiness, and players log into games only if there is some happiness to gain, if there's none, there is no reason for us to do that.
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Please be sure to check the fixer vendor if you're using items from live, or buy new ones. As stated in the notes, certain copies of cosmic gear are being retired and won't work for the set bonus, but you can trade them in for working versions

Thank you for that. I did as you suggested and it fixed the issue with the set bonuses not appearing.
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    I know it was in reference to Cosmic gear and not Onslaught, but that did give me the idea to repurchase an entirely new set of Onslaught equipment and new Savior gloves on PTS. Unfortunately, not luck getting them to work.
  • Options
    Give it a try again...nothing changed but I'm wondering if something was up with the patch on pts.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    the saviors seem to work fine now on pts
  • Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Added Cosmic secondaries to fixer vendor. Cosmic secondaries currently have 2 versions of the same item, store bought and drop. We are deprecating the versions that are given via drops due to a limitation with set bonuses (there's a hard limit to the number of items we can have in a set). Cosmic gear will still be able to drop, but it will no longer be a different item from the store bought version. These deprecated versions of the gear will not have set bonuses, so you can trade them in for the versions that do. Mods in the gear will be placed into your inventory upon trade in. Traded gear will bind to character.

So does that mean that when the drop from cosmics they will not be Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip? No longer being able to trade/sell cosmic secondary drops is a significant economy change.
  • Options
    No. They were initially set up that way because we had no way to change bindings in the store version, now we do.
  • Options
    apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    Hey kais, this gear is pretty fun to mess around with but im noticing a bug with cosmic strike. sometimes when you take to long to attack again your stacks will drop off even though the timer still visually shows you having time. Also i am reccomending that the actual Crit effect itself be buffed to last for 7 seconds instead of 5 as this would give you just a tiny bit more time to do what you need to do.
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    Hi Kaiserin, have you given any thought to the suggestions on the Medusa glove exempting Ultimates from the -50% damage debuff? Are there technical issues?
  • Options
    apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    wanted to report a bug with cosmic strike, frag grenade seems to not be tagged as a dot as its stacking/consuming the cosmic strike effect. all other dots ive tested do not produce this effect. at the time frag grenade had both advantages.
  • Options
    bigshad24bigshad24 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the offense stacks on cosmic strike are expiring when cosmic strike is active, instead of after cosmic strike is used, this has only become a problem with the icon update to cosmic strike.
  • Options
    bigshad24bigshad24 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Overall good gear.
This discussion has been closed.