test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ideas to improve CO playability.

venakrivenakri Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2023 in Suggestions Box
Ive been playing since 2009, I've seen a lot of players come and go, for various reasons. The most common reason is that CO becomes stale and content isn't rewarding for endgame players. I have a list of ideas that others and I have been compiling for a little bit now. Please make it known if you are interested in any of these so that dev's know what we would like to see the most.

1. Increase OV guardian villain token reward. Killing an OV guardian gives you 5 Tokens. Everyone wants the gear, which costs 5,000. I get the OV token gain were meant to be split between killing players, and dailys. However now players dont want to die to OV's, they would hide near turrets, or healers would stop you from killing them because OV's main damage is underpowered. Increasing OV token gain from 5, or, adding an "OV token boost" which you can purchase for X amount of guardian tokens, would allow for more tolerable time spent doing OV dailies.
2. Make auras change with builds, it is annoying needing to change/find specific auras you want for different costumes.
3. Increase mod stacking, the game has been out for a long time now, mods are abundant and some players dont have space to hold them all due to the 250 maximum stacking.
4. Give LTS members a zen store discount. This could increase the interest in LTS, and give people who spent the money to buy it something even more rewarding.
5. Make Therakiel Temple rewards drop on each boss. Each boss used to drop their own rewards, this should be implemented in the new TT. Granted that could increase the drop rate due to farming, however that can be fixed by lowering it slightly.
6. Add perks similar to Doomsday clock for endgame content. This can be stuff like, killing Eidolon in under 6 minutes with 0 deaths, or related. Doomsday Clock had a lot of interest when it was first released, adding new titles like this would increase the will to attempt lairs, OMs, etc for players.
7. Return the increase in rewards based on difficulty (of updated lairs if possible). TT on Elite is noticeably harder and gives players more of a challenge, but there is no point in doing it because it drops the same rewards. Increasing (even slightly) the droprate of items, and/or increasing the amount of Globals upon boss kill, could be worth it.
8. Increase farmability to new updated lairs. Rhino lair has great drops but the lair is only worth doing until you have all the drops. The most desirable drops are the Chimera tail/wings, but once everyone has those there will not be many people running it anymore. Increasing drops in the future (or with existing lairs) such as, adding rank 5, or 6 stat mods at the end would be worth the farm.
9. Increase adventure pack rewards. Adventure packs take a while to complete, and they are filled with fun mechanics, but the amount of time it takes to complete vs. the rewards possible is not rewarding enough to do them. There could be a weekly mission such as, "Completing ___ amount of adventure packs will reward ___ SCR (make this number really rewarding)(or even GCR hinthint) Another thing possible to increase playability, is adding UNTIL store devices drop as permanent devices in their respected AP.
10. Add more reward to finishing perks. Such as 100G for killing 1000 Nephilim, stopping at 500G for killing 5000 Nephilim. This could increase open world mob farming, giving players another way to earn currency in game.
11. Increase open world resource rewards. I feel like I should be able to farm 10,000 mobs and come back with more than 12g and a rank 4 recovery mod. Increasing mod droprate, or resource gain could help CO's awful currency situation. Mission mobs could be susceptible to bot farms, so make them drop an unnoticeable amount of resources and increase open world mobs resources. (^^^^ Please share ideas to make this a good option, or something similar. Remember botting is still a concern)
12. Increase mission rewards. Currently missions arent worth doing because of Level Up packs, and XP alerts. A boost in experience, G, Questionite, or mod reward could give new players, or leveling players a new way to level which will be more rewarding for their time spent.
13. Increase Rampage drops. The Unknowable and Therakiel rampages have great drops and are worth farming for. However when Therakiel event is over, or Unknowable is not in rotation, Rampages are hardly done as Justice gear is becoming less desirable due to the set bonuses on other gear. Creating costume, mod, or device drops ontop of the material drops would be a great way to increase Rampage playability.
14. Add rare chances of dropping higher rank mods in burst alerts. These alerts are near useless as they drop low rank mods, the game has been out for so long there are many stat mods out there. It is more worth spending 20 minutes to farm smashes than 20 minutes doing burst alerts praying you get a rank 5 dexterity mod. Players only play them for daily missions. Adding chances of dropping rank 5-7 stat mods (7 being extremely rare) to this alert could increase interest in doing bursts.
15. Smash alerts currently drop 3-4G per run. In Champion Online’s current economy, this number is hardly noticeable. Slightly increasing the resource reward to 5-6G per run could benefit the current situation.
16. Expand the alerts loot table, as there are currently many alert bosses that do not drop anything, which decreases the motivation to farm them. By adding one or more costume pieces or devices to their loot table, players could be more willing/excited to see a certain boss show up on the rotation.
17. Add a costume transformations preview in tailor.
18. Allow dependent(attachment) pieces to be used independently. For example equipping Roin'Esh shoulders and Roin'esh hips give players an option to equip additional attachments which are Roin'Esh cape strips. Let players equip dependent attachments, such as those cape strips, independently.
19. Rework lair stores/tokens. There are various ideas for this but the most common is to get rid of the need to get a daily for the currency, and increase daily currency gain. We think the token should drop at the end of the Lair/Cosmic and should be farmable up to 3x. Which should reset with cosmic timers.
I.E, after cosmics this will give players the option to do, 3x Therakiel Temple, 3x Eidolon, 3x Rhino. Allowing you to get 3 of each currency per cosmic reward cycle, 20 hr.
In a nutshell, the droprates/prices across the board need to be more forgiving since the game doesn't have the population for the current ones.
20. Add pvp rewards, and increase acclaim gain from completing Hero Games matches. Adding new pvp devices/gears would increase interest, this would give players (those willing to as pvp is optional) something to do during cosmic downtimes. This could also give strict pvp'ers a way to gain certain endgame gear other than going pve for ___ months until fully geared for what they really want to do. Devices and certain gears should be Bind on Equip, that way strict PvE players still have a chance at getting items they want from the PvP store.
Some ideas for a PVP store; Adding gear similar to Justice/Virtuous/Distinguished, except the having pvp related bonuses, such as, Stealth Sight/Perception/Minimap radius, armor penetration (pvp only) defense in combat (pvp only), Stealth aggression, etc.
21. Make Grond a cosmic, or Rampage. Grond is stuck in the past and not worth fighting. However he has a ton of potential to be a good challenging cosmic or rampage villain.

Comments

• Options
    apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    I agree with the majority of these suggestions, especially the one regarding Adventure Packs. Alot of content in champions online is rarely done or seen due to the game not giving you any incentive to do that content. Grond also would make a very good cosmic if designed right tho id personally like his size to be increased slightly if this happened. Lastly i would also like to see open world mob grinding have a slightly higher yield in terms of Gold gained.
  • Options
    solarfoxy#6434 solarfoxy Posts: 5 Arc User
    I also agree with most of the ideas, if not all of them.
    i will add an skip option at the start of each Adventure Pack (or each chapter), because many of us who have done Adventure Packs a lot of times, we just want to complete it as soon as possible. So said option would be really useful.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I agree with the part about figuring out ways to get players to spend more real world cash on the game so that we can hire the devs needed to do the parts of the above that I agree with (about half), plus work on power revamps and new/rehashed content.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 69 Arc User
    I agree with most of the things, except for the ones related to getting more Gs. Players generating more Gs would just promote more inflation, and the costs of things would just adjust to match the higher incoming G production.
  • Options
    darkdiablo#9147 darkdiablo Posts: 49 Arc User
    I definitely agree with most things, but I don't get the point #2: Make auras change with builds, it is annoying needing to change/find specific auras you want for different costumes.

Don't we already have the auras change between builds? I know I've done it.

One thing I don't like about aura swapping between builds is the fact that those get put straight in your inventory instead of aura inventory, now that's annoying.

That said, I really like the sound of most points here.
    In-game handle: @Dark_Diablo