test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hypothetical PvP Que Daily Mission | Giving players a reason to do PvP content again

Currently PvP sits in a niche spot where it can be somewhat fun but there is no actual reason to do pvp content. Recently we have received private ques for PvP aswell as changes to the games OV gear. In light of these changes i am proposing that a daily be introduced for completing atleast one of each PvP que.

The reward for this should be villain tokens. Previously players have advocated their want for SCR/GCR related PvP rewards but devs seem against this idea, The next best thing would be OV Villain Tokens considering that these tokens are technically already tied to PvP content and with the recent update they will be more sought after then before.

The old reasoning of "We cant add rewards to pvp because the ques dont always work" should ideally not apply here due to the new private ques allowing us to gather groups in a similar manner to a rampage. i will leave the villain token reward amount up to devs if they decide to consider this idea.

Thanks for reading

-Wind
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    venakrivenakri Posts: 4 Arc User
    Adding a daily that rewards OV tokens would be a great way to add a cycle to farming villain tokens, I think there should also be added gears similar to justice that you can purchase with acclaim that increase pvp related stats, and stuff like armor pen/perception/stealth aggression as set bonuses.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Just add globals as a reward... No need for damned tokens because all old players have already insane amounts of them and all OV villain stuff unlocked, so old players will STILL have 0 reason to do pvp.
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    reapfield#4372 reapfield Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    My suggestion: add new Acclaim Token costume pieces.

As it stands, if you were playing Hero Games in 2009, you should have excess Acclaim Tokens you can't cash in. We don't need new tokens because we have that currency being unused. That being said, people in CO love the new costume pieces. Why not add new ones that you can only get with the old Acclaim Tokens?

PvP regains relevance in the form of Hero Games
    New Costume Pieces to appease the fans
    An old currency regains relevance without the need to invent a new currency

Kills three birds with a single stone.
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    o3o I like this