test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230614.2 - Onslaught

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Onslaught
  • Updated tooltips for Onslaught gear to be more descriptive.
  • Reduced cost of Onslaught Heirloom gear.
  • Onslaught Gloves of the Savior: Increased area to 50ft. Effect will not apply if target is at full power. Effect will not apply on targets that do not use energy. Added threat reduction effect.
  • Onslaught Gloves of the Slicer: Removed damage over time effect in favor of instant damage to reduce performance issues against large team content. Damage remains the same.
  • Onslaught Gear: Added Set Bonuses. These vary based on if you use offense, defense or support versions of the Offense gear.
  • Reduced cost of Onslaught auras.
  • Onslaught auras are now bind on pickup. Existing auras are unaffected by this change.
  • Fixed a bug where the Medusa aura was not scaling.
  • Added color variants to the Medusa aura.
  • Added Medusa weapon auras to the Onslaught store.

Queues
  • Reduced Zombie Apocalypse minimum queue size to 4/1.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where the last hit of Thundering Kicks could not crit.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Bug: In the OV Store, the power unlocks are referred to as Ultimates

9ecnz9xvtl7x.png
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    Hey Kaiserin, thanks for the quick bugfix on Thundering Kicks!!!
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    BUG: Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper

They state 10% of damage dealt as piercing, based on activation/charge or 0.5 second maintain time. They appear to be ignoring damage dealt and scaling entirely on activation period. Here we see Force Cascade 3 tap dealing less damage with OV Burst than Chain Lightning 1 tap. Both are 0.67 activation period, but Chain Lightning's Onslaught Burst proc did more damage than Force Cascade's.

By the look of it, the Sniper gloves are referencing a flat value of 100 damage and scaling up/down based on activation+charge time or something along those lines.

DXFDdbA.png

OV Slicer gloves appear to be doing approximately the 10% damage as slashing, as expected, with some rounding probably resulting in it being not quite 10%.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    The two piece set bonus isn't including the secondary offense. It only applies when the defense and utility are equipped.

Also equipping all three when using Intelligence as a Super Stat lowers the tooltip Power Cost Discount. In my case it goes from 40% to 31%. A bug that has existed since Onslaught came out.

https://imgur.com/a/htawKAi

The set bonus changing based on the offense gear is really nice without having to repurchase them. I'll actually try get the full sets on a few characters now.

The new set bonuses provide +10 to all Super Stats with 2 pieces. Then a bonus +200 Offense to Slicer/Sniper or +1000 Health to Savior/Defender with 3 pieces.

The weapon aruas adopting the Medusa aura looks nice. I'm not sure about the bind on pickup change, but for 1000 guardian instead of villain tokens each, that isn't bad. Guardian tokens being useful was much needed.
  • Options
    Also equipping all three when using Intelligence as a Super Stat lowers the tooltip Power Cost Discount. In my case it goes from 40% to 31%. A bug that has existed since Onslaught came out.

That's normal. All it's doing is adding your Power Cost Discount from INT to your PCD Rating, applying diminishing returns to the total, and showing you what portion of your PCD is coming from the INT stat. If the character sheet also showed your PCD Rating, you'd see it also changing as you add INT to gear.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    These auras certainly exist, they are not very interesting TBH

Well that was a pleasant surprise, may drop the bugs i realized it were happening with Sniper the last week

SUGGESTION: DROP ENTIRELY THE 20 FEET REQUIREMENT FOR Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper! It only works for RANGE and that's enough

There is no reason to keep it and it REALLY HURTS Point Blank Range AOE attacks that require you to be in Melee range (Hurricane, Storm Summoner, Invocation of Storm Calling, Epidemic)

ESPECIALLY Storm Calling and Storm Summoner

Onslaught Gear: Added Set Bonuses. These vary based on if you use offense, defense or support versions of the Offense gear.
    BEAUTIFUL
    MARVELOUS
    SPLENDID
    MAGNIFICENT

This is the best Buff the set can get and I wasn't expecting it!
    It Validates my obsession Min-maxing my characters with them
    BUG: Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper

They state 10% of damage dealt as piercing, based on activation/charge or 0.5 second maintain time. They appear to be ignoring damage dealt and scaling entirely on activation period. Here we see Force Cascade 3 tap dealing less damage with OV Burst than Chain Lightning 1 tap. Both are 0.67 activation period, but Chain Lightning's Onslaught Burst proc did more damage than Force Cascade's.
    And this is the best timing for me to mention the bug with Sniper Gloves

BUG 1: Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper FAILS completely to Convert the CRITICAL Hit damage into the 10% Bonus with many powers!

BUG 2: Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper gives 1 PIERCING damage every time [Telekinetic Strike] critical hits

This was found on RANK 1 Telekinetic Strike, with both the Stress and Critical Self healing adv

boy1ImN.gif

[5:03] [Combat (Self)] Your Telekinetic Strike deals 260 (290) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy.

[5:03] [Combat (Self)] Your Onslaught Burst deals 1 (1) Piercing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy.

NCbZSMS.gif

On this build (DEX/CON/REC) im using Fear Consumption, which somehow turns the Onslaught Burst GREEN

It's probably 5 here because the character is equipped with DUC
    [5:15] [Combat (Self)] Your Telekinetic Strike deals 296 (242) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy.

[5:15] [Combat (Self)] Your Onslaught Burst gives 5 (5) Piercing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy.

Can't test right now with other Range-Combos because I'm out of time

BUG 3: It Has been dealing damage during the NON-damage charging of Power Armour Toggles (Hand Cannon, Shoulder Launcher) and ICE's Wall of Ice

While the extra damage is good, it breaks Strategy attack because the low Onslaught Burst aggro the mobs ruining the position you would wanted them to be for a surprise attack
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    How do you tell people to leave the game with out saying so. "Onslaught auras are now bind on pickup. "
    You do realize they now only cost 1000 Onslaught Guardian Tokens, right? If you think that's a nerf, I don't know what to tell you.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited June 2023

That's normal. All it's doing is adding your Power Cost Discount from INT to your PCD Rating, applying diminishing returns to the total, and showing you what portion of your PCD is coming from the INT stat. If the character sheet also showed your PCD Rating, you'd see it also changing as you add INT to gear.

Every time I add int gear the number goes up. But not for these secondaries which makes it go DOWN by ten percent. It actually costs less to use powers without a third secondary equipped.
  • Options
    LOL someone tries really hard to keep deleting my posts.

Anyway... gj on that update, since it's at least something meaningful for pvp, but Gravity Ripple power is not even worth buying, it's extremely underpowered. Nuclear Shockwave also should do crushing+particle damage resistance debuff instead of just particle, since might powerset is like 99% crushing...
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
This discussion has been closed.