test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Power Variant Device Ideas

rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
If you're not interested in PVD's you can click out of this

So I've been going over some ideas in my head, and I wanted to put them here to see what everyone thinks. So grab your fruit, grab your electricity, and let's get right into this.

Fiery Frenzy Melee AoE Combo

Based on Frenzy from the Beastial Tree.

Instead of dealing slashing damage, now it does x Fire Damage. Has a x% chance of inflicting Clinging Flames based on hits.

If your character has Fiery Form, deal x% more damage to targets inflicted with Clinging Flames.

Final Combo Hit has a x% chance to apply 'Furious' to self, increasing your critical chance by 1.5% per stack, Stacks up to 3 times.

Storm Blades Melee AoE Combo

Based on Blade Tempest from the Dual Blade MA tree.

Instead of dealing slashing damage, now it does x Electricity Damage. Has a x% chance of inflicting Negative Ions based on hits.

If your character has Electric Form, attacks now apply Superconductor, which reduces enemy defense against Electricity Damage by 18%.

Each target affected by Negative Ions increases damage up to +66% while using Storm Blades. This can only stack up x times, x% per stack.

Upon the final hit, if the target is affected by Negative Ions, rupture X Electricity damage per Negative Ion Rupture.

Ultimate Dragon Kick Melee AoE Damage - Stun

Based on the Dragon Kick from the Unarmed MA tree.

Does X amount Crushing damage to all targets (up to 10). On full charge, stuns targets for x seconds.

Applies Overpowered to all targets affected.

If affected by Chi Manipulation, deals x Dimensional Damage but consumes Chi Manipulation.

So there you go, that's about it. If anyone has any other ideas or if they would rather see some of these ideas do something else, feel free to add in.

Comments

• Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I like PVDs and these ideas look fun. The only thing I would not recommend is tying any of the effects to a Passive form.
  • Options
    I put those suggestions up there mostly because I feel like they'd definitely attempt to do this, so I'm just putting that suggestion there. If they won't, well, good for us right?
  • Options
    Figured I'd add a Healing-based PVD. Here goes!

Medi-Ray Ranged Heal

Based on Arcane Vitality from the Arcane Sorcery tree

Maintain

Affected targets are healed for x Health Points every 0.5 seconds (based on number of targets)

If affected by Download, boosts healing effects by x%.

Applies 'Light Everlasting' to your main target and 4 other allies within 15 ft of your target. This only occurs when you have Arcane Vitality

Mana-Shielding Buff - Heal

Based on Bionic Shielding from the Gadgeteering Tree

Click

Places a Mana-Shielding buff on your target. The buff lasts 16 seconds and has 5 charges.

Whenever the target takes damage, they are healed for +x Health Points. If affected by Illumination, applies 'Replenishing' buff, which grants +x Energy every 1 second for 6 seconds.

Also applies 'Flourished Magic' to the target, which prevents them from being affected by Mana Shielding again for 15 sec.

Deals x Magic Damage to anyone who triggers your shield. Damage dealt is based on incoming damage. This only applies if you have the 'Bionic Shielding' power

Boom, two Healing PVD's, thoughts?
  • Options
    Absorb Plasma Team Heal

Based on Absorb Heat from the Fire Tree

Click

Deals x Particle Damage. Deals x% more if you are affected by 'Download'.

Heals +x Health Points for every 'Plasma Burn' consumed. For every 'Plasma Burn' consumed, deals x damage.

Heals an additional +x Health Points every 2 seconds over 10 seconds for every Plasma Burn consumed! This effect is doubled if you are effected by Medical Nanites. This effect only occurs if you have the 'Absorb Heat' Power