test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Relentless EU keeps failing to trigger with regular bleed with a variety of powers - also LAG

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited June 2023 in Gameplay Bugs
This was discovered out with a Munition + Bestial + Brick build which utilizes the Relentless EU for Melee+Range synergy!
Frenzy to apply Bleed on melee and Assault Rifle and Uppercut as it's primary Single Target attacks!
  • On the first field testing I discovered that Frenzy would constantly fail to Trigger the Relentless EU, despite getting a lot of Critical hits!
    My first assumption was that the Water in the Blood ADV was causing this bug because it always removes 1 bleed. But i then tested it on rank 1, 2 and 3 and found the same issue!
  • While using Assault Rifle, I realized the Critical hits against Bleeds will fail to refresh the EU's duration as well as not triggering it at all
    • Same thing I realized with Frenzy, when it works the Critical hits wouldn't refresh the duration of Relentless
      AKuAhgc.png
      The description states that constantly triggering the effect will refresh the Duration of the EU but it doesn't even do that 100%[
  • Tested Submachinegun Burst with the Bleed ADV and I also discovered it fails to trigger Relentless with its own bleeds
  • Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
  • The same build is also using Richochet Throw with Shredded and Brutal Charge with Open Wound which made the Relentless work perfectly, so the issue are just regular Bleeds!
  • This seems to be an universal issue across the frameworks and not just limited to Bestial + Munition

This made me come to the conclusion that different bleeds across powerframes are failing to register during Critical Hit!
At first I thought the Bleeds from Frenzy alone were the reason this was happening, like the Bestial bleeds are not registered the same as the Single Blade ones!

Another Huge thing, the power description of Relentless listens EVERYTHING on the character, from Superstats to Costume Transformations
ZCpb8CH.png
Not only this creates a huge unnecessary bloat but it also murders the FPS, creating a lag-spike bomb
Maybe all this unnecessary tagged powers cause the EU to freak out?
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Which means this EU must have been bugged since DAY 1 or this started happening when Bleeds changed to deal DoT on the same time instead of different Ticks!

I Could never come this bug because all the characters I have who use Relentless EU have Shredded in their combos

oh and the Special AT who has open wound on holdout shot

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    I may need more information on this one, as I wasn't able to reproduce any oddities with the power.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I may need more information on this one, as I wasn't able to reproduce any oddities with the power.
    Hmm, only thing I can do is GIF capturing for visual reference

Everything showed here were created with Frenzy's Bleeds and nothing else

1. Attacking Critical hit with Assault Rifle
    • None of the Critical Hits Register!
    • Frenzy actually triggered Relentless here
    EKeEWz5.gif

2. Attacking and Critical hit with Frenzy (1 Target only)
    • The first 2-3 critical hits didn't register
    iou6nGD.gif

3. Attacking and Critical hit with Uppercut
    • The First Critical hit doesn't register but the second does
    YW5N9ES.gif

4. Attacking and Critical hit with Frenzy (MULTIPLE targets)
    • A whole weird things are happening
    pT77SpJ.gif

MjXgLvM.gif

I'm speculating that this happens when there are 3-4 Bleed stacks
    but again even with only 1 it failed to register Assault Rifle multiple times
  • Options
    misterspidermisterspider Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    While seemingly random, Relentless mainly misses crits occuring right after a Bleed has been inflicted. Almost like Relentless needs several seconds (4-8 sec) of bleed time to pass to register that the target is in fact bleeding.

But can confirm Relentless triggers perfectly from Open Wound and Shredded.
    So the bug really just lies in the interaction between Relentless and Bleed.

Formerly unknown as @FroschMitHut