test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just stop

psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 725 Arc User
I have noticed a trend with some of the event missions, well all of them really, what started as 5 times has moved to 10, this is just stupid. We have a life out side of this game, and with so few sometimes on to do a mission makes this even worse. The 5 times for two weeks is ok as lets those who may miss some days do to life or casual gamers who do it only on their days off get what they need. !0 times means you can only miss maybe 4 days in two weeks and that is hard for some who only play on the week ends or on days off.

The alerts might be passable in takes less to do for those but still sometimes there are still not enough even for them, but like the mission in the desert with the large robot at times i sit an wait for hours and no one shows up so i have to log off because i just have life i need to get on with.

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Well, it boils down to the devs not being interested in creating a bunch of new costume unlocks to keep players participating each time these events roll around. The complete a mission 10x is the easier/lazier route for them, so I doubt we will see that change. It is sad though.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    I have been saying that Events are ruining the game in General, especially after they put so much focused on them, nuked the event Tokens at the end of the year and put a majority of items behind Paperback!
    We are not even getting Power Revamps to go along them anymore! We been getting the SAME reheated Microwave food over and over

As for the "Complete x Mission 10 times", this was made to 100% Artificially expand the playerbase numbers!
    Manipulating you to play the game more than you want and staying online longer!
    It's a thing that GACHA games and "Triple A Live Services" (which are dying more and more) have been doing recently

It sucks for Costume collectors like me Because I'm not enjoying being forced to do events for the costumes, I just want to do my OWN THING ingame dammit!
    You never know when one of those Costume will be useful for a future character 🥺
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    And, of course, now we have ANOTHER currency item: M'Ling token. Of which, you must collect 100 to buy ONE item from the revamped Rhinoplasty lair.

This goes along with Qliphothic token from the Eidolon mission.

How long before these tokens are sunsetted at the end of the year?

Sure, I'm all for an alternate way, especially tokens, to purchase something that I can't seem to get as a drop. Especially when someone else was lucky enough to get a drop, but decides to post it on the Auction House for an obscenely high amount. Rendering it basically "out of reach" of most of the remaining playerbase still.

Why do we have to have more currency beyond Silver and Gold Recognition for these items? As it is now, once you've purchased a Phoenix Tear, there is little to spend the accumulating Gold Recog on directly. And don't get me started on the uselessness of Guardian tokens.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    warcanch wrote: »
    And, of course, now we have ANOTHER currency item: M'Ling token. Of which, you must collect 100 to buy ONE item from the revamped Rhinoplasty lair.
    Honestly, I have 0 interest doing this lair, I just bought the costumes I wanted from AH it and not gonna touch it!

The fact that now I learn it has special Token! :grimace:
    warcanch wrote: »
    This goes along with Qliphothic token from the Eidolon mission.

How long before these tokens are sunsetted at the end of the year?

Sure, I'm all for an alternate way, especially tokens, to purchase something that I can't seem to get as a drop. Especially when someone else was lucky enough to get a drop, but decides to post it on the Auction House for an obscenely high amount. Rendering it basically "out of reach" of most of the remaining playerbase still.

Why do we have to have more currency beyond Silver and Gold Recognition for these items? As it is now, once you've purchased a Phoenix Tear, there is little to spend the accumulating Gold Recog on directly. And don't get me started on the uselessness of Guardian tokens.

You know what really Grinds my Gear?
    The Devices from the Endgame Vendors are Bound on PICKUP

Shadow Shred and Siphon Nightmares should NOT be bound on Pickup!

zAlBAms.png
    • 500 SCR
    • 500 GCR
    • 100 Qliphothic Essence
    WHAT THE HELL IS THIS Nonsense!? Why do they have the combined price of 2 Secondaries?
    and why is it Bound on PICKUP? I can't even farm it for one character who is always needed in Eidolon (Healer) and give it to another one

So if want to make a character using the Shadow Shred PVD I need to
    • Start farming the 100 tokens! Locking myself on a single character for 100 RUNS! Which is totally not going to cause overburn and diminish my enjoyment with the game
    • Pray than RNG gives me the PVD as a drop
    • Hope that some other player gets it and is willing to sell it for a fair Price
    yeah not all PVDs are worth a damn!

I already got sick of Cosmics by 2019, there is no way in hell I will do 100 Runs of Eidolon on a very specific character
    and definitively not doing 150 runs to get Secondaries,

I love min-maxing but this is straight up Endgame Grinding Brainrot to me!

Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Personally, I haven't found most of the costume pieces in some of the revamped lairs (or the Shadow Destoryer ones in Eido) very appealing. They are too niche for my taste. I can understand why they do this. They put the junkier costumes out as the free pieces people can earn by playeing, but they put the nicer stuff in the lockboxes for players to spend money on. Makes sense, in a way. I just wish the revamped stuff had more goodies that I find appealing.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Personally, I haven't found most of the costume pieces in some of the revamped lairs (or the Shadow Destoryer ones in Eido) very appealing. They are too niche for my taste. I can understand why they do this. ​​
    What? don't you want to be a complete EDGELORD and make it your 's entire personality? 🤪 🤪 🤪 This hurt me to write even ironically
    I only truly cared for the Eidolon Chest and COLLAR, the later which I had to wait multiple years to finally obtain
    Eidolon broke, they removed Eidolon! Shadow NERFED GCR Vendor to be to have his costumes purchase GATED behind the perk requirement!

at least Lady luck was too kind to me because when Eidolon Returned I got the Collar as my first drop! I can now Chill and NOT hunt Eidolon constantly
    I wanted it for one of my Spellcasters! It was worth the wait

I just bought the Chimera and Rhino heads because I need them for characters the most, anything else is just extra
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    They put the junkier costumes out as the free pieces people can earn by playeing, but they put the nicer stuff in the lockboxes for players to spend money on. Makes sense, in a way. I just wish the revamped stuff had more goodies that I find appealing.​​
    True!
    Same goes for the Destroyer's Robot Factory
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    You know what really Grinds my Gear?
    The Devices from the Endgame Vendors are Bound on PICKUP

Shadow Shred and Siphon Nightmares should NOT be bound on Pickup!
    • 500 SCR
    • 500 GCR
    • 100 Qliphothic Essence
    WHAT THE HELL IS THIS Nonsense!? Why do they have the combined price of 2 Secondaries?
    and why is it Bound on PICKUP? I can't even farm it for one character who is always needed in Eidolon (Healer) and give it to another one

So if want to make a character using the Shadow Shred PVD I need to
    • Start farming the 100 tokens! Locking myself on a single character for 100 RUNS! Which is totally not going to cause overburn and diminish my enjoyment with the game
    • Pray than RNG gives me the PVD as a drop
    • Hope that some other player gets it and is willing to sell it for a fair Price

Just wanted to agree with this. Mostly I have played 1 tank for Eido in the last year or so (when I do do it). He has no use for either of these, but I have other characters that could use them. So, stuck with hoping that one drops (never has for me) or hope that one appears in AH (which I haven't seen, but I don't spend a lot of time at AH. I'd rather player the game than run a store). I don't mind grinding for things, but this just seems beyond the pale.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    It's a thing that GACHA games and "Triple A Live Services" (which are dying more and more) have been doing recently
    Which is why Blizzard just reported that Diablo 4 (which is essentially both of those) was their fastest selling title ever.

And they are going to have a paid Battlepass (for their $70 title) in a month or so.

But the grinding in CO, whether Cosmics or Events, is one of the main reasons I don't really do much more than check in during the anniversary at this point in time.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Which is why Blizzard just reported that Diablo 4 (which is essentially both of those) was their fastest selling title ever.

And they are going to have a paid Battlepass (for their $70 title) in a month or so.
    And ALL THIS despite the Harassment Scandals, Employ Abuse and Lawsuits with Activation Blizzard!?
    Gotta love Blind brand royalty, fanboyism and consumerism

I hate Activision Blizzard so much, it's UNREAL! Bobby Kotick go to JAIL Challenge!
    agonyman.gif
    Same with KONAMI, they killed all their franchise and milking and draining YuGiOh to the ground, the modern cardgame is disgusting now!

But the grinding in CO, whether Cosmics or Events, is one of the main reasons I don't really do much more than check in during the anniversary at this point in time.
    I am a big collector of costumes and love creating characters and such, as well as playing with power combinations and themes, but after the limit of character slots i am topped out well over the limit of slots, and due to this i have declined in my activity on this game. As the only thing it had going for it is the aforestated things and now i can't do this, so lost interest in the whole thing. Really at times they seem like they are trying to kill their own game, making things un fun nerfing, and causing grinding, and locking things behind one wall or another with outrageous costs to get unlocked or character binding as much as they can.

The only thing that keeps bringing back is my obsession with my characters, FF system and tailor!
    But if you put out the tailor, I'm stuck with unrevamped Powerframes

We are only getting Costumes now and barely power updates and that annoys me

• Options
    I already got sick of Cosmics by 2019, there is no way in hell I will do 100 Runs of Eidolon on a very specific character
    and definitively not doing 150 runs to get Secondaries,

I love min-maxing but this is straight up Endgame Grinding Brainrot to me!

100 SUCCESSFUL runs.

On a specific character.

Before currency gets reset.

Oh GCR/SCR/Ect... don't get reset?
    Yeah, once upon a time, event currency didn't get reset either.
    But resetting currency wasn't enough to drag out play time so 5x became 10x... Boooooring!
    Take a lesson from Fortnite and take advantage of your cash item shop.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    We wouldn't need these vendors if the loot would just drop at a fair rate for a low population game.

BoP items in event vendors was the beginning of killing alts. Most characters are not built for farming events. It is a way for me to never want to use those characters. Which makes me never want to invest zen into upgrading other characters.

What I'm trying to say is that these sorts of decisions for BoP items in grind heavy vendors makes Cryptic lose money.
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    I agree - I mean, 10 successful Eido runs per character should be enough for one bind on pickup item.