test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230502.6 - Rhinoplasty

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Rhinoplasty
  • Added Chimeral Potion of the Rat as a possible drop if you capture Moreau.
  • Added Brutal Charge power unlock as a possible drop.
  • Added Tough Skin mod as a drop.
  • Added voiceover for some dialogue by Moreau, White Rhino and Viper X.
  • Fixed an issue with completion order for the lair.

Mods
  • Slightly increased the effectiveness of Rank 9 mods that apply Defense, Cooldown Reduction, Cost Reduction and Offense.
  • Increased the effectiveness of the Vital Spirit mod.

Auction
  • Added Cosmic rarity. This rarity will be used later on.

Powers
New Power: Brutal Charge
  • Tier 3 Supernatural Bestial
  • 15 sec cooldown
  • Charges at foes, deals Slashing damage and causes Knock Up. knock scales based on distance lunged.
  • Disorients the main target.
  • Adv (2): After use, for a short time and only while moving, you will knock back nearby targets and deal slashing damage. If foes are immune to knock, chance to Disorient instead.
  • Adv (2): Applies Demolish to the main target. Changes power damage to crushing.
  • Adv (2): Chance to apply bleed over time.

Chimeral Potion of the Rat
  • Device
  • Heals you.
  • Reduces outgoing threat.
  • Places you in stealth. Dealing damage or interacting will remove you from stealth for 8 seconds.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    Added Brutal Charge power unlock as a possible drop.
    😩
    Not even in the SCR vendor?
    It's tradable but at what cost? Once the Honeymoon of new content ends, people wont be doing this
    Powers
    New Power: Brutal Charge

Tier 3 Supernatural Bestial
    15 sec cooldown
    Charges at foes, deals Slashing damage and causes Knock Up. knock scales based on distance lunged.
    Disorients the main target.
    Adv (2): After use, for a short time and only while moving, you will knock back nearby targets and deal slashing damage. If foes are immune to knock, chance to Disorient instead.
    Adv (2): Applies Demolish to the main target. Changes power damage to crushing.
    Adv (2): Chance to apply bleed over time.
    Glad to report, we finally getting an NPC exclusive power for players! It's Gorillas and Stags Manimal's charge attack :grimace::+1:

However with the exclusion of the Demolish ADV, not impressed with the utility ADV variety of it!
    This feels more like a 100% MIGHT power rather than a Bestial Supernatural with Demolish and Disoriented, and it's only on this powerframe because manimals used it
    x9fmd5a.gif
    Suggestion: Considering the availability of this power, it needs more useful utility ADVs to justice it's usage!
    Powers Live and Die by how useful they are with their ADV
    ADV
    • Restoration ADV
    • Shredded ADV
    • 3 Stacks of Furious ADV Even thought I feel the Furious utilities are currently an afterthought of a mechanic, rather than something Bestial and Munition actually utilize
    I don't think anyone will use this for Rank 3 DPS alone
    i9FrR7e.gif
    One thing that breaks the aesthetic of this power to me is the Collision and Zero interaction with the targets that are in your way as showed here!
    Ironic because one of the ADVs is called GET OUT OF MY WAY
    Suggestion: Make Brutal Charge REPEL the enemies that are your way between you and your primary target(s)
    No damage, just a Repel to get them out of you way to match the animation's theme

Slightly increased the effectiveness of Rank 9 mods that apply Defense, Cooldown Reduction, Cost Reduction and Offense.
    Rank 9 Impact Prism is still extremely low!
    Please increased the defense values of Rank 8 and 9 to Justify their existence and trouble of fusing

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Slightly increased the effectiveness of Rank 9 mods that apply Defense, Cooldown Reduction, Cost Reduction and Offense.
    Rank 9 Impact Prism is still extremely low!
    Please increased the defense values of Rank 8 and 9 to Justify their existence and trouble of fusing

What did they incrase the Impact Prism R9 Def and Off to? Never seen the point to increasing either one beyond R7 given the pitifully small increast and the impact of DR at high levels of both Def and Off.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    What did they incrase the Impact Prism R9 Def and Off to? Never seen the point to increasing either one beyond R7 given the pitifully small increast and the impact of DR at high levels of both Def and Off.​​
    NTRjkLu.gif
    At least make it 25 Defense and 80 Offense :weary:

Yes, unfortunately recently I wasted 5 Rank 7 Impact Prism mods to fuse them on Rank 8! It was a waste!
    At least I'm using it on one of my newest favorite characters for min-max

q8LRy4P.png
    This reminds me when a friend wasted money on the Catalyst Rank 9 Upgrade, so she could have Rank 9 on her Tanks!
    She instantly regretted it
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Added Tough Skin mod as a drop.
    For Documentation purposes for people with Tanks who would like to see!
    Here it is across ranks
    +Maximum HP
    +Defense

orZaikV.gif
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    the cores that add defense (this includes tough skin) still feel very subpar
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Yes. Got to say that I would still not waste resources/money to upgrade Impacts. Just not worth it.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
This discussion has been closed.