test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The New Supposed Devices of Rhinoplasty and Burden of the Beastmen

Good morning boys.

Today I plague this place with yet another criticism of something that this time, hasn't even hit live yet, but I'm posting it now because, not gonna lie, I did not think we'd cross this bridge after I made my discussion about the worst stat in the game so far, considering how RNG-based it is, especially since there is an active push for mobs to ignore the stat by half or entirely. Sidenote, I have been thinking for a year and a half that Rhinoplasty would be the next lair they revamp, and bam, it's being done, and I am honestly stoked.

Right now let's get into the topic, the two devices that have been pitched are two potions. One is the potion of the Rhinoceros, and one is the Potion of the Vulture. Rhino drops the Rhinoceros potion, and Chimera drops the Vulture Potion. Each one has:

1. A healing factor of a set amount.
2. Increases a certain stat for 30 seconds.
3. Gives your attacks an RNG-based effect.

The Vulture potion is relatively decent, it increases all of your resistances by 50% for 30 seconds, and grants flight. But it applies Disorient! That's not a bad debuff for most situations, infact that actually might turn out really neat for AoE purposes.

The slight problem comes with the Potion of the Rhino, which does kind of balance out with the increase in hit points by 1000, but, resistance to knock effects increased by 200%. It's a somewhat decent increase, but it's heavily affected by RNG. Wouldn't it make more sense if it instead gave a flat damage decrease? Such as decreasing incoming attacks by a set amount of points? That is more versatile than a stat who's knocks get pierced by even common enemies.

Don't get me wrong, the devices are decent, but the Rhino potion is utilizing a pointless stat that is based on RNJesus being nice to you. Can this be tested and changed to something more substantial than an increase to knock resistance, and something else instead?

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    My issue with these is introducing infinite use healing devices that also provide staple effects further limits what is open in your device tray to put in things you want.

After Brilliance and Qliphothic Energies were introduced, I feel there is no point in giving feedback anymore to keeping drops balanced.

Also, RIP become Manimal devices. They didn't need to update them if they didn't want to touch them, but removing them entirely from the drop table? More updated content always deleting old content unnecessarily.