test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aura of Primal Majesty bug questions and addressing Toxicity at Cosmic Fights.

2»

Comments

• Options
    guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    hope this works for the build thing.

Nexus - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: Superhuman (Str: 12, Con: 12)
    Level 6: Mighty (Str: 8)
    Level 9: Enduring (Con: 8)
    Level 12: Jack of All Trades (Str: 2, Dex: 2, Con: 2, Int: 2, Ego: 2, Pre: 2, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 15: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
    Level 21: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Enrage
    Level 6: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Surge of Strength, Pummel)
    Level 8: Endorphin Rush
    Level 11: Call To Battle (Work Up)
    Level 14: Eruption (Reckless Endangerment, Thunderbolt)
    Level 17: Arc of Ruin (Rank 2, No Quarter)
    Level 20: Brimstone (Lightning Rod)
    Level 23: Roomsweeper (Demolishing Strikes)
    Level 26: Haymaker (Rank 2, Reckless Strikes)
    Level 29: Electrical Siphon
    Level 32: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Force Cascade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Vicious Descent (Work Up)
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Power Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (1/3)
    Strength: Aggression (1/2)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Tenacious (1/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Center of Gravity
    Slot 2: Elder Worm Humidity Dome
    Slot 3: Coward's Lament
    Slot 4: Necullitic Elixir
    Slot 5: Eruption

Additional Notes:
    Distinguished primaries Onslaught Gear secondaries
    R7 and R5 str/con mods. R7 growth on offense and Gravtar influence r7 w/ vet of might.

This build was made to be more active in a fight. Before I had a Invl build for a while and was very defense heavy to the point I could just stand there and not take much damage in missions, but the dmg output was poor. So I decided on this so I would be active. May not be the best build but It is in theme and enjoyable. if you have questions about it, feel free to ask.

a3ij8i3jvso5.jpg
  • Options
    I have not run any since the start of this thread so I don't know what your deal is. Also either my build with hybrid AoPM is the worst thing that can happen at that fight or it does nothing and is a drain on the team, as it affects nothing. It can't be both for the sake of the argument against me playing it on my character.

Your camp wants a lot of stats to work with from AoPM that is the same as it was before the change. I "disrupt" that because of the new feature of how aura is applied. I get that and said so awhile ago. However, I will not be told I am X Y or Z because I am a focal point for the disdain for the change to the system by you or anyone else since it is not true. It all hyperbolic conjecture on what my build does (which you don't know how it works), on what your builds (that you know how it works) and some worse case scenario (fictitious "bad builds" that really need this AoPm as a crutch) that is cooked up with factors that are fluid and adaptable for your stance to refute claims.

My stance is still the following: this is what the devs intended to do to cap how the effect stacks. The base builds don't change in stats, only the bonus changes and that bonus is relied upon too much and is also used as a scapegoat, preemptively by those that fear a possibly of wasted time in the Eldolon fight.

I hope this interaction stays in this thread because this is the actually an example that is the toxic insult stuff when I don't agree and don't comply. As I said, you are all welcome to play the game the way you want to play the game. I an not greater than anyone here and don't clam to tell anyone how to play their characters.

I don't care about the meta or what you think is "optimal" at this point. I don't care that you all don't like the change and that you don't get a cycle of stats the way you want them to be. Till a dev says something else about AoPM aura application changes it is moot point that you all will have to deal with, not me.

Now if anyone has suggestions on how to implement a change, to what you don't like, I am interested to continuing this thread to give the devs something to consider.

I think the point to take away from this thread is something along these lines:

"Whilst Hybrid AoPM in a vacuum, is not problematic in and of itself, when Hybrid AoPM is introduced to a setting where players are expected to join using the Team up function (so all Cosmics including Eidolon), it becomes problematic as it has a detrimental effect on those whom it influences and this is precisely what people are trying to communicate to me. I understand what they are saying and why Hybrid AoPM in those situations is bad for the team."

Once you have accepted that simple message, I think you can let this topic move on. At present it does not read as if you have grasped that fully.

You keep referring to the negative effect Hybrid AoPM is having in those situations as conjecture...when it is an observable fact.

And again, as it has been explained, in larger instances like Cosmics, the detrimental effect Hybrid AoPM is having on others, is still very present, but is heavily compensated for by other people's builds and investments. That should not be the case, but it explains why you have had "no issues with it before".

From the top of this thread, right down to this response, various people have reasoned with you and tried to get you to not only accept, but understand the impact and it reads as if you have tried to rubbish their arguments or refuse it at every turn. When you do that, you not only make it difficult for people to want to remain civil with you, but flat out engage with you on this topic.

As you have self described as a person with considerable experience with CO, it does make the take you have here all the more concerning. It could be a failure to clearly communicate what you mean but the emboldened text in this post, is essentially what everyone is trying to tell you.

Some people in this thread, think that Hybrid AoPM should not exist period. That's fine, but the core of the issue they may have with it, is the detrimental effect it has on their time investments in CO when it comes to teamed content like Cosmics. That's where the "toxicity" comes from.

I have already moved on and acknowledged all that repeatedly. That is why I have not been to more than two cosmics fights (Ape and Dino) I just think it is by design and that the effect was balanced for the results we have not a bug. I don't agree with it but its here so this is the new normal, just like with losing IDF as a toggle. However, toxic behavior/harassment is not acceptable under any circumstances and that was my entry point to all of this. The goal of this thread was to show what the affects of AoPM was and it did. The later was to prove or debunk the arguments presented to me. It debunked two and last one, AoPM will, as a fact, wipe a team is still dependent on team composition and false. It just makes it harder than it was before due to how the buff is applied. After that I wanted to brainstorm solutions that could be taken to change the power. Some provided others wanted me to change my build for them. Again, I am not doing that right now. So I leave the cosmics to you all that want to run them.

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    I think the point to take away from this thread is something along these lines:

"Whilst Hybrid AoPM in a vacuum, is not problematic in and of itself, when Hybrid AoPM is introduced to a setting where players are expected to join using the Team up function (so all Cosmics including Eidolon), it becomes problematic as it has a detrimental effect on those whom it influences and this is precisely what people are trying to communicate to me. I understand what they are saying and why Hybrid AoPM in those situations is bad for the team."

Once you have accepted that simple message, I think you can let this topic move on. At present it does not read as if you have grasped that fully.

You keep referring to the negative effect Hybrid AoPM is having in those situations as conjecture...when it is an observable fact.

And again, as it has been explained, in larger instances like Cosmics, the detrimental effect Hybrid AoPM is having on others, is still very present, but is heavily compensated for by other people's builds and investments. That should not be the case, but it explains why you have had "no issues with it before".

I have already moved on and acknowledged all that repeatedly.

Glad to hear it. :+1:
    However, toxic behavior/harassment is not acceptable under any circumstances and that was my entry point to all of this.

Whilst I agree, it is important to note that toxic behaviour can sometimes go both ways. For example, if you were to take your build to Cosmics continually after understanding the detrimental effect it can have (AoPM in Hybrid) that would be toxic.

It debunked two and last one, AoPM will, as a fact, wipe a team is still dependent on team composition and false.

I may have missed it but I don't think anyone implied that AoPM in Hybrid role will definitely cause a wipe. However, if it is quite close to the melee pile it is highly likely it will affect a tank which if they are operating with the support aura in mind, being kicked to Hybrid could cause a wipe.

It just makes it harder than it was before due to how the buff is applied.

I'm glad you've said this, because that is the core of this issue. Its simply detrimental. No one is blaming you for the way the mechanic works, but they are "blaming you" for taking it to Cosmics IF you knew it was causing a detrimental effect.
  • Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 12: Jack of All Trades (Str: 2, Dex: 2, Con: 2, Int: 2, Ego: 2, Pre: 2, Rec: 2, End: 2)

Powers

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

Additional Notes:
    R7 and R5 str/con mods. R7 growth on offense and Gravtar influence r7 w/ vet of might.

This build was made to be more active in a fight. Before I had a Invl build for a while and was very defense heavy to the point I could just stand there and not take much damage in missions, but the dmg output was poor. So I decided on this so I would be active. May not be the best build but It is in theme and enjoyable. if you have questions about it, feel free to ask.

a3ij8i3jvso5.jpg

I have one question: wtf?
  • Options
    . No one is blaming you for the way the mechanic works, but they are "blaming you" for taking it to Cosmics IF you knew it was causing a detrimental effect.

Oh no. They were people who did, repeatedly.

I have one question: wtf?

You need to be more specific.

• Options

Super Stats

Talents

Powers

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

Additional Notes:

a3ij8i3jvso5.jpg

With this build, have you tried using Unstoppable and melee DPS role? Especially if you want to have a better DPS output.

Sticking to AoPM is just...very unnecessary here.
  • Options
    . No one is blaming you for the way the mechanic works, but they are "blaming you" for taking it to Cosmics IF you knew it was causing a detrimental effect.

I'm sure they blamed you for taking it to Cosmics, but they would not have been blaming you for the mechanics of Hybrid AoPM. That's the distinction you need to make.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

I'm sure they blamed you for taking it to Cosmics, but they would not have been blaming you for the mechanics of Hybrid AoPM. That's the distinction you need to make.

I will explain the conversation flows for you so you have the box to put all this in. As I said before, I don't care anymore about them and do not wish to help anyone out with these fights. I do hope this illustrates why.

The conversations went like this: I am at Slug, sine I was waiting for people for about 10mins with a few others. One guy would show up who is obnoxious and vocal and new, since it would be the second run for the fight. A demand to remove my passive or change roles would roll in for this one guy/gal/person/thing (this is before the info in this thread). After I just said no to the demand, respectfully, I wrote something to try to explain why I did not want to change it. Then like clockwork the following:
    1. The First person would accuse me of sabotaging the run (before we started the second run) and attempt to narcissisticly attack me verbally to coerce to do what they wanted. I would then, still respectably say, no.
    2. A second person would ask what is going on and the first person would repeat their clams to them, as if they were respectful toward as some victim in all of this. Then the second would either egg on the conversation (for their personal enjoyment) or pile on calling me selfish (basically a flying monkey thing, if you understand narcissism enabling)
    3. After those two are going on and on about it for about two Open missions, with the same flawed logic of the reasons for it in the first post, a "peacemaker" would send a /tell trying to word it differently but to have me do the same thing. I would refuse and they would either drop it or, as in one case, passive aggressively attack my build choice then "volunteer" fix my build unasked. When I refused the passive aggressive one, they revealed that they wanted their AoPm to work like it did before the change and that I was messing with their ability to heal, because of their time investment with their character was important (or more important) than my investments and how they wanted their healer to play.

So you have to understand this went on like this for about a month, or so like clockwork. So I made this thread to figure out what the truth was with how the power was working. As you can see in this thread the language by detractors are present in the first few post, as they were all in agreement that their crutch was important to their builds and that I was not playing nice. All the while kindly forgetting all of the above that was said and done. So yes they attack me, not the mechanics, for their own gain and to my detriment and called it "teamwork."

Now for your other question about the build. I will do my best to explain it so bear with me,since I have to start with theme.

The concept of this hero is this: A person who was bombarded by energy and became pinnacle human levels of ability but has an energy aura that boost his capacity to superhuman levels. At the present, for attacking, the power theme it is "gravity melee" to go with his Name, which means connection and center. So lots of knock and push and pulls.

I have tried Earth Form, since it kinda makes a gravity well around you and the other Might based offensive passive with this build. Since the build ability is not dependent on AoPM as the main driver (since the build has been built by design to mimic levels of invulnerability, defiance resistances, regeneration and forcefields passives). However I did not like how it felt when using it, for this particular hero (recharge rate of powers and things are off without AopM).

You all can look at the build and see all the deficiency it has; however, that is not the point for me to show it. I like it and built for that goal for months, 2 years ago (a year before the force pass). just like everyone else likes their builds and grinded for their reasons. However, I have not vilified anyone for their choices, synergy goals or anything like that because, it affects me negatively. I just deal with all of the other builds and tried my best to help.

This is while a few, a very small minority, wanted to get more stats to be "better" for themselves so they could have the feeling of an easier time doing the thing they can already do. I would note how I have conducted my self in this thread. I have not attacked or vilified anyone but those who are the angriest are the ones who would benefit the most from trampling my boundaries on the subject matter.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited February 2023

There are many ways to improve this build so that it can better handle cosmics and other endgame, if you want to do that. But, no sense in offering suggestions if you prefer it as it is. I'd recommend posting it in the Builds section of the forum for feedback.If you do decide to do that, it's helpful to know what are the "must have" powers/abilities.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

There are many ways to improve this build so that it can better handle cosmics and other endgame, if you want to do that. But, no sense in offering suggestions if you prefer it as it is. I'd recommend posting it in the Builds section of the forum for feedback.If you do decide to do that, it's helpful to know what are the "must have" powers/abilities.

Thank you for the suggestion. I take a look at there from time to time but my goal has always been theme based. When I get tired of the shortcomings of this build, or some new cool powers that fit the concept better, I will change it.

I should note that the build works for all content without issue, save for cosmics, as it is one enemy v many and the reverse is better. I can solo all the missions in the raid zone and fight challenge mode of 5 levels higher than me of a group of 5 in powerhouse. I could do that before, I would just not be engaged in playing since I did not have to actively use powers to do all the mitigation in the former build. Now I get to press all the buttons and get 15k damage.
  • Options
    Just be aware that this game is VERY easy and what you are capapble of doing solo or in alerts is not a great measure of the character's overall raw power in the areas of more challenging content. I consider the ability to solo the QWZ a decent measure of a character's true power. There are ways to make the build more effective and still adhere to theme, if you are ever interested.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    starflairexstarflairex Posts: 79 Arc User
    I'm gonna be frank; it's a bit surprising that after all this back and forth, you're build is a good old fashioned might build that just happens to have a support passive. It can stay exactly the same and be objectively better in every way for every bit of content with Unstoppable, Night Warrior, Stormbringer, Earth Form, etc. I understand that you feel those other passives will have a negative affect on you because their descriptions don't match your hero's abilities, but you could offset that through spec trees.

If you continue to insist that everyone else is wrong, you can still do cosmics. Just unslot AoPM and switch to melee role. You'll probably score better, too. I'd use the build menu to make switching back and forth easier. You'll never have to change anything about your build

It'll be difficult to earn sympathy when you admitted that someone directly messaged you that your notoriously broken aura is interfering with theirs, but somehow your play experience outweighs everyone else's. The devs need to fix this. That isn't lost on anyone. But what we'd really like is for the community to work together now and then and not be split or held back by broken mechanics.

You don't deserve to be berated, insulted, or bullied. But if you acknowledge that something is broken, acknowledge that it adversely effects group content, but continue to do it, many would consider that trolling. I've seen folks get their accounts banned for less (also due to a broken system, thanks Cryptic).
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I'm gonna be frank; it's a bit surprising that after all this back and forth, you're build is a good old fashioned might build that just happens to have a support passive. It can stay exactly the same and be objectively better in every way for every bit of content with Unstoppable, Night Warrior, Stormbringer, Earth Form, etc. I understand that you feel those other passives will have a negative affect on you because their descriptions don't match your hero's abilities, but you could offset that through spec trees.

I have tested it out and it works okay. I just like the way it works at the moment. Its not the passives fault, its how the stats affect the powers. Like I said early I don't like Cosmics and I will not do them with the current individuals who populate it. I disliked it when you couldn't get them and they had 4 or so hour cool downs and you only had the Robot Dino to fight (which had a instakill debuf so you could not farm it).

This is my issue with the argument. What is said is that is is negative effecting all the things (I am paraphrasing). What I am hearing, in between the lines is, "Hey my build, and everyone else's build sucks, in this encounter, without AoPM at full 100+ mast. I want want you to do as I say so I don't suck and waist my time!"

I think everyone else there is competent and does not suck and they don't need AoPM at all mostly. There was only one tank that ask directly and said that actually needed it to tank, so I unslotted the power. Its not that I don't want to help, I am not gonna be brow beat to comply under an excuse of "we will fail because of your" or "if you don't you are a troll." It's ridiculous

The encounter with the guy:
    That guy found me out side the warzone and asked to see my build and how it worked. I showed them in the powerhouse and then he insulted me my build, and then, without me asking for help in anything wanted to "fix" my build with a smug, attitude. When I said I don't want to fix anything the above things were typed.

You don't deserve to be berated, insulted, or bullied. But if you acknowledge that something is broken, acknowledge that it adversely effects group content, but continue to do it, many would consider that trolling. I've seen folks get their accounts banned for less (also due to a broken system, thanks Cryptic).

I don't think it is broken. Seems like it is to remove that option so the encounter's difficulty is higher. I don't like it but I can't do anything about that.
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Hear me out.

Just use a DPS passive on a DPS character, a tank passive on tank character and a support passive on a support character, and save the hybrid role plays for when you're playing solo content. You're allowed to take more than one slotted passive and more than one toggleform; you're merely restricted to only slotting one slotted passive at a time, and only using one allowed for your role (which can be changed every 10 seconds out of combat or every 60 seconds in combat, just like which build you're on,) while toggleforms can be swapped back and forth as quickly as you can turn one or another on.

It's not even remotely difficult to do and you will find that your own gameplay experience has improved immensely in doing so, and it will also benefit anyone else playing with you in team-based content.

That's all. It's super simple, and it's better to learn how to be more flexible with your own builds to overcome the devs' questionable balancing choices than sticking doggedly to them anyways and ignoring everything else.
    Post edited by thisiscraftaaa on
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    starflairexstarflairex Posts: 79 Arc User
    It doesn't matter if you don't think it's broken. It's broken, and has been for years. My understanding of the whole AoPM fuss has to do with vindicator mastery and people min/maxing their builds for dps. It isn't so much sucking as it is tryharding haha. The majority of players don't care. I know that doesn't directly address your issue, but I think the context is important and may help with future builds.

I'm not sure what it is about the aura that can't be done through proper mods and specs, but I'll refrain from giving any more unsolicited build advice. A lot of us have a bad habit of doing that, but for the most part it is genuinely trying to help.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if you don't think it's broken. It's broken, and has been for years. My understanding of the whole AoPM fuss has to do with vindicator mastery and people min/maxing their builds for dps. It isn't so much sucking as it is tryharding haha. The majority of players don't care. I know that doesn't directly address your issue, but I think the context is important and may help with future builds.

I'm not sure what it is about the aura that can't be done through proper mods and specs, but I'll refrain from giving any more unsolicited build advice. A lot of us have a bad habit of doing that, but for the most part it is genuinely trying to help.

I mean in the the application of the aura's effect on others, that was changed it during the force pass a few months past. The aura now switches through the ones present in the open mission. So the stacking of the aopm buff effect is lowered. Gamabreaker's post in this thread breaks it down.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Hear me out.

Just use a DPS passive on a DPS character, a tank passive on tank character and a support passive on a support character, and save the hybrid role plays for when you're playing solo content. You're allowed to take more than one slotted passive and more than one toggleform; you're merely restricted to only slotting one slotted passive at a time, and only using one allowed for your role (which can be changed every 10 seconds out of combat or every 60 seconds in combat, just like which build you're on,) while toggleforms can be swapped back and forth as quickly as you can turn one or another on.

It's not even remotely difficult to do and you will find that your own gameplay experience has improved immensely in doing so, and it will also benefit anyone else playing with you in team-based content.

That's all. It's super simple, and it's better to learn how to be more flexible with your own builds to overcome the devs' questionable balancing choices than sticking doggedly to them anyways and ignoring everything else.

What to use was never my issue, and still is not. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I am not worried about all of that. I just wanted to know if the hyperbolic things that were told to me about AoPm effects were true or not and to comment on the toxic actions toward me for a passive choice. Did all that already. Then I wanted to brainstorm some solutions.

Also, with roles, there will always be that one guy who expects a build to fit in there head cannon of what the role is to them and when it does not they will do the same things that was done to me.
  • Options
    renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    I've been to a lot of Cosmics as my healer where you (Nexus) were there and canceling out my AoPM. I'll be honest, it's extremely frustrating that you're very aware of this bug and refuse to just unslot the power. Your character's stats would go up for the fight if you did and so would everyone else's.

I don't agree with people who insult you. I've personally never said a word to you in game either. I generally don't speak that much in game. But I have seen the interactions between you and people yelling at you. That clearly didn't resolve the issue. However, that's still not a reason to keep using Hybrid AoPM and knowingly keeping the bug active for everyone there. It seems like you've been doing it out of spite...which...given what people in game have said to you, I can't blame you if that's the case, lol. Those people, in my opinion are more wrong because they should have had a better approach.

But still. The devs don't seem to want to or maybe they aren't able to fix it. Maybe they want to overhaul it or something. So it's up to us to avoid these bugs. Even if you are doing it to spite the people the rude people, you have to keep in mind there are more people there who aren't being rude to you. Every time you're at a Cosmic that I'm at, it's like my build matters a lot less. I can even see it with my DPS as well.

I haven't gone through this entire thread yet. But I really hope the devs just fix the issue or that you can at least just unslot the power during the cosmics. You have nothing to lose. Your stats will just go up and so will everyone else's. Like everyone is saying though, your build would be better for yourself and everyone at cosmics if you had a non-support passive. But glancing at the thread, it seems like you'd rather just not do Cosmics at all...which probably isn't the best solution to this.

Either way, it's not the end of the world.
  • Options
    renegade0 wrote: »
    I've been to a lot of Cosmics as my healer where you (Nexus) were there and canceling out my AoPM. I'll be honest, it's extremely frustrating that you're very aware of this bug and refuse to just unslot the power. Your character's stats would go up for the fight if you did and so would everyone else's.

I don't agree with people who insult you. I've personally never said a word to you in game either. I generally don't speak that much in game. But I have seen the interactions between you and people yelling at you. That clearly didn't resolve the issue. However, that's still not a reason to keep using Hybrid AoPM and knowingly keeping the bug active for everyone there. It seems like you've been doing it out of spite...which...given what people in game have said to you, I can't blame you if that's the case, lol. Those people, in my opinion are more wrong because they should have had a better approach.

But still. The devs don't seem to want to or maybe they aren't able to fix it. Maybe they want to overhaul it or something. So it's up to us to avoid these bugs. Even if you are doing it to spite the people the rude people, you have to keep in mind there are more people there who aren't being rude to you. Every time you're at a Cosmic that I'm at, it's like my build matters a lot less. I can even see it with my DPS as well.

I haven't gone through this entire thread yet. But I really hope the devs just fix the issue or that you can at least just unslot the power during the cosmics. You have nothing to lose. Your stats will just go up and so will everyone else's. Like everyone is saying though, your build would be better for yourself and everyone at cosmics if you had a non-support passive. But glancing at the thread, it seems like you'd rather just not do Cosmics at all...which probably isn't the best solution to this.

Either way, it's not the end of the world.

At the time of the events I did not understand and I was not doing it out of spite. At the time. It did not matter if I slotted it or un-slotted it we all died anyway to the orbs because the checks were missed.

Just to bring you up to speed on the hoobla, the force pass had a change to how aura was applied to those without the aura passives. Instead of stacking, or prioritizing one, it rotates through the users every 3-5 seconds. On the first page Gammabreaker shows it in some vid clips and explanations.

Now, as I now understand it, this is an intentional change. And while I did test out the in-combat activation while testing the force powers with the rest of the people on test, I could not see the stats bouncing up and down, becase it does not affect those with the passives. However, I am under the impression that it was by design to lower the impact of multiple aura had on fights. Others disagree with this as it is compared to the former functionality and impact of how aopm worked. However from what i saw all of the yelling and anger pointed to me was over a 1min difference in efficiency as I have a melee dps build with the same set up but with a different passive.

I don't like how the implementation either so I asked for suggestions to fix it and got two: Mine which is to remove the aura projection in hybrid, or to lower the range of the aura and have the highest number broadcast with a boosting of range from other aura users.

After that it became a debate on educating me on how things "are" and should be in various tones and build questions. And the same tones you saw on live.
  • Options
    godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 69 Arc User
    I've been reading this thread and look, I can kinda sympathize with you. Somewhat. My builds are unoptimized because of either in-character choices or just not "feeling right." Hell, I had a hybrid AoPM build planned from way back for similar reasons as you. What's stopping me from actually, fully, sympathizing is two things - you've been extremely stubborn about this and your brand of toxicity: you've been taking underhanded potshots at the people who've been against your hybrid AoPM while playing the victim card.

I can't speak on Eido stuff because I just avoid that Cosmic, but your hybrid AoPM doesn't affect just that. For example, a Dino some days ago: We've been doing fine, and we're passing checks. Admittedly, I'm running a low DPS character that really needs Cosmics to gear her up, but fortunately a good AoPM gets her above the check threshold. Then we fail one check. No biggie, might've been a badly timed check. Then we fail the next, and the next. I notice my damage has dropped, and my energy equilibrium is now dancing back and forth. Guess why. You stayed, people swapped to better DPS, we clear Dino. You got your Cosmic rewards, other characters who need it didn't. That's not a minor thing, as you have been handwaving this entire thread.

I've been cordial at the start, and I even said why you need to take it off. I even asked why you're so adamant about it, but got no response. I know there are people who are loud about it, but I've seen others ask nicely too. Over time, it just got tiring and frustrating, so I just pegged you as a troll, and this thread didn't exactly help in changing that.

And it's not just you, by the way. If we see a hybrid AoPM on a Cosmic run, we do ask them to take it off. Problem is, it got to the point that if we know it's you with the hybrid AoPM, we know we're just gonna get stonewalled. Hence, the hostility.
  • Options
    I've been reading this thread and look, I can kinda sympathize with you. Somewhat. ... What's stopping me from actually, fully, sympathizing is two things - you've been extremely stubborn about this and your brand of toxicity: you've been taking underhanded potshots at the people who've been against your hybrid AoPM while playing the victim card.

I can't speak on Eido stuff because I just avoid that Cosmic, but your hybrid AoPM doesn't affect just that. For example, a Dino some days ago: We've been doing fine, and we're passing checks. Admittedly, I'm running a low DPS character that really needs Cosmics to gear her up, but fortunately a good AoPM gets her above the check threshold. Then we fail one check. No biggie, might've been a badly timed check. Then we fail the next, and the next. I notice my damage has dropped, and my energy equilibrium is now dancing back and forth. Guess why. You stayed, people swapped to better DPS, we clear Dino. You got your Cosmic rewards, other characters who need it didn't. That's not a minor thing, as you have been handwaving this entire thread.

I've been cordial at the start, and I even said why you need to take it off. I even asked why you're so adamant about it, but got no response. I know there are people who are loud about it, but I've seen others ask nicely too. Over time, it just got tiring and frustrating, so I just pegged you as a troll, and this thread didn't exactly help in changing that.

And it's not just you, by the way. If we see a hybrid AoPM on a Cosmic run, we do ask them to take it off. Problem is, it got to the point that if we know it's you with the hybrid AoPM, we know we're just gonna get stonewalled. Hence, the hostility.

Thankfully, I've been fortunate enough to avoid Cosmics where this is an issue as I don't do them too often, so it is good to get more insight into the detrimental effects it is having (in practice and from players who are being affected).

Because it really does feel like reasoning with this particular player isn't getting anywhere due to what myself and others have pointed out in this thread and it does come off like a brand of toxicity.
    renegade0 wrote: »

*snip*

Also glad to read this perspective.

Definitely not just one player, but considering that one player with Hybrid AoPM can negatively affect:

- 20 players
    - 100ft team range

And Cosmic encounters are zone capped at 50. That's effectively one player using Hybrid AoPM affecting almost half of a potential zone for Cosmics.

I know I'd be pretty pissed off if I came to Cosmics as my Endgame healer, with the investment I've made specifically to support others...and someone comes along and essentially screws it all up repeatedly.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I've been reading this thread and look, I can kinda sympathize with you. Somewhat. My builds are unoptimized because of either in-character choices or just not "feeling right." Hell, I had a hybrid AoPM build planned from way back for similar reasons as you. What's stopping me from actually, fully, sympathizing is two things - you've been extremely stubborn about this and your brand of toxicity: you've been taking underhanded potshots at the people who've been against your hybrid AoPM while playing the victim card.

I never teamed up for the buff to affect anyone on the Dino fight. I think that was yesterday? Also I am not hand waving anything. I had the mission and didn't team in it and moved on. From my understanding the buff only affects if we are on a team and you are attacking. Is that not the case? Lets say that the aura will prompt no mater if you are on a team with me or not, for the sake of the argument. If so, my bad on that one.

The time at kiga was after the half of the month of dealing with all of this so that is why you didn't get a clear response, or I ignored you in game, like I had to do a lot that last month and didn't see it. In any case thank you for voicing the problems on the forums. At least we now have a thread of documentation about it and we can hopfully get the problem addressed sooner.

Edit:

Let me be abundantly clear, since every few posts I keep getting hit with this: Other than clearing the missions I had, which is done now, I am not going to cosmics with aopm hybrid to affect yall so if you have stat issues, that is not on me.

If you have any other situations where the affect of a hybrid aopm that can be documented in this thread, post it up. If you have any ideas to fix the issues, post it in the red and blue text formats, like on test, so they can pick em out.

Edit 2:

I remember now. You were at kiga and were rude at the time before the start. Then in the fight, kept going on about how we will fail because of the hybrid aopm and the like then said I was grefiing or something of the like. So yes I ignored you in game after that. I am not saying this to start anything, I just wanted to give you my perspective on what was presented to me and to why I stopped responding.
    Post edited by guardiannexus on
  • Options
    I think that was yesterday?

Nope. It was before DNTP started.
    I remember now. You were at kiga and were rude at the time before the start. Then in the fight, kept going on about how we will fail because of the hybrid aopm and the like then said I was grefiing or something of the like. So yes I ignored you in game after that. I am not saying this to start anything, I just wanted to give you my perspective on what was presented to me and to why I stopped responding.

Now you're just making **** up. If it was true, please do say so when this was. Because the only times I could have been "rude" to you were:

1. When you were playing the victim in endgame chat shortly before you made this topic.
    2. That one time recently in Ape/Dino when Suz was trying to make a cake analogy.
    And maybe..
    3. When I joke about bringing a Grimoire AT or hybrid AoPM to a Dino needing DPS and I have no idea if you're even there.
    4. By referring to you as "the Hybrid AoPM guy." Because you are.

Ask the other end game people - I barely talk when fighting Cosmics outside of encounter-related info, maybe quips here and there but I don't go onto tirades like you're implying. Hell, someone has made fun of me a few times because I wasn't replying to the banter while I was tanking.

I know I can be an asshole, but stop painting me into an asshole that fits your narrative.
  • Options
    One of the unfortunate things about CO is that the leveling game doesn't provide an adequate index of character power. This has been much commeted on in the forums. It's like there are two completely different games: leveling and end game. It might be a bit slow, but you could level to 40 with the first low gear you get, an EB, EU Toggle Form, Passive and an AOE. Again, if you really are intersted in truly testing your character's power try to solo the QWZ dailies. A well built and equipped dps, healer or tank can do it no problem.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I think that was yesterday?

Nope. It was before DNTP started.

Now you're just making **** up. If it was true, please do say so when this was. Because the only times I could have been "rude" to you were:

1. When you were playing the victim in endgame chat shortly before you made this topic.
    2. That one time recently in Ape/Dino when Suz was trying to make a cake analogy.
    And maybe..
    3. When I joke about bringing a Grimoire AT or hybrid AoPM to a Dino needing DPS and I have no idea if you're even there.
    4. By referring to you as "the Hybrid AoPM guy." Because you are.

Ask the other end game people - I barely talk when fighting Cosmics outside of encounter-related info, maybe quips here and there but I don't go onto tirades like you're implying. Hell, someone has made fun of me a few times because I wasn't replying to the banter while I was tanking.

I know I can be an asshole, but stop painting me into an asshole that fits your narrative.

Okay, since you asked. It was just after Me and my buddy were testing our his PA build fix and he needed gear for a character. I was at Kiga first and standing on the pillar things. You came there and said, "take your Aopm off". I said, "no, I am not doing that." You kept asking and I said no. That switched to emphasized commutation about the aura from you and how it a bad output (I will not comment on the exact wording since It was weeks ago). Now when we were in the Kiga "shoot in butt phase" You kept messaging, "we will fail because of you", for the entire fight. At some point, Kiga turned around and you blamed it on my AoPM. Then after we finished the battle, I reported you on my end and you were muted on my end after that.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    I consider the ability to solo the QWZ a decent measure of a character's true power.
    Hybrid, Invuln R3, 1x Single Target R3, 1x AoE R3, 1x spammable self-Heal, and reasonable energy management was able to do it last I went into QWZ for dailies. But that has more to do with Invuln being amazing for soloing most "small team" content than anything else.

I would not expect the same performance out of the majority of the other passives, especially not the auras. On the other hand, that setup doesn't perform much above average in scored team content and could likely be a liability against the various Cosmics, even though one variant was able to solo monkey (taking 1/2 hour or more) before the Cosmics were reworked into Open Missions.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Okay, since you asked. It was just after Me and my buddy were testing our his PA build fix and he needed gear for a character. I was at Kiga first and standing on the pillar things. You came there and said, "take your Aopm off". I said, "no, I am not doing that." You kept asking and I said no. That switched to emphasized commutation about the aura from you and how it a bad output (I will not comment on the exact wording since It was weeks ago). Now when we were in the Kiga "shoot in butt phase" You kept messaging, "we will fail because of you", for the entire fight. At some point, Kiga turned around and you blamed it on my AoPM. Then after we finished the battle, I reported you on my end and you were muted on my end after that.

Great story, not enough details. 8.8/10.

That wasn't me. I don't doubt that it happened to you, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Good job. Really helps your credibility.

Funny enough, I think I know who actually did that to you, and our @ names may be familiar enough to cause confusion. But I'm not 100% so I'm not gonna say who.

• Options
    kilpurikilpuri Posts: 6 Arc User
    And Cosmic encounters are zone capped at 50. That's effectively one player using Hybrid AoPM affecting almost half of a potential zone for Cosmics.

A small correction.
    Only Millenium City and Desert are capped at 50

Zones are as follows for player capacity.

Millenium City: 50
    Desert: 50 (Mechanon event)
    Monster Island: 35
    Canada: 35
    Vibora: ?? (No cosmics, no data.)
    Lemuria: ?? (No cosmics, no data.)

As such, at Kiga and Dino, more than half of players are affected by an aura if zone full.

And a the big cake here.

Qliphotic warzone: 25

There an aura is affecting 4/5 of the players present. Which is considerably more, than just less than half.
  • Options
    I consider the ability to solo the QWZ a decent measure of a character's true power.
    Hybrid, Invuln R3, 1x Single Target R3, 1x AoE R3, 1x spammable self-Heal, and reasonable energy management was able to do it last I went into QWZ for dailies. But that has more to do with Invuln being amazing for soloing most "small team" content than anything else.

I would not expect the same performance out of the majority of the other passives, especially not the auras. On the other hand, that setup doesn't perform much above average in scored team content and could likely be a liability against the various Cosmics, even though one variant was able to solo monkey (taking 1/2 hour or more) before the Cosmics were reworked into Open Missions.

Sure, once can make a farm build for just about anything. The point I was making is that just about any decent build can solo the QWZ if the player knows what to do. I do it with healers all the time.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    One of the unfortunate things about CO is that the leveling game doesn't provide an adequate index of character power. This has been much commeted on in the forums. It's like there are two completely different games: leveling and end game. It might be a bit slow, but you could level to 40 with the first low gear you get, an EB, EU Toggle Form, Passive and an AOE. Again, if you really are intersted in truly testing your character's power try to solo the QWZ dailies. A well built and equipped dps, healer or tank can do it no problem.

As I said before, I do that already. The build is sound.

To explain what is happening with the build.

The build is tooled for enemy groups and to make me engage. Since the base resistance to all damage is 83%, aegis stacks 15% on top of that (since I don't have defiance) with ultimate brimstone doubling the base resistance (forgot to put that in the build). Counting the distinguished gear set buffs and bastion (about 3k when stacked in full) it works like an active invulnerability that needs to do something to keep it flat damage reduction parameters.

Healing is done actively by one aoe heal (electrical siphon), attacking and de-buffing (call to battle), attacking and buffing (lunge with healing), or healing passively with r7 regen cores when attacking. Since all of them are affected by the crit rate, (build guides suggested about 18-22%) and a severity ( over 100%) all base damage and healing is effectively doubled from listed values at about every forth time. When they fail or lag behind, the healing device nuriletic (sp?) elixir and Eruption gives momentary reprieve from damage to rally.

As for damage, since I had to change out IDF I stuck enrage that stacks 60% or something to that effect and use debuffs to lower dmg resistance to crushing by about 20%. I keep enemies close to keep damage consistent and stack not to root and stun enemies and to increase the base damage of all knock power by about 30%. That keeps my highest damage about 15k with full charge and damage reductions with melee and about 8-10k with ranged. Most things don't last long.

Great story, not enough details. 8.8/10.

That wasn't me. I don't doubt that it happened to you, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Good job. Really helps your credibility.

Funny enough, I think I know who actually did that to you, and our @ names may be familiar enough to cause confusion. But I'm not 100% so I'm not gonna say who.

That's fine. whoever it was is in the report ticket and ignored so it of no consequence at this time.
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 924 Arc User
    That's fine. whoever it was is in the report ticket and ignored so it of no consequence at this time.
    Except, if you publicly called out the wrong person, don't you owe them an apology? For someone who makes an entire thread about how they were mistreated, you don't seem to care much about mistreating others... do ya?

This discussion has been closed.