test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pet bugs

areeeareee Posts: 830 Arc User
edited May 2023 in Gameplay Bugs
Just a list of bugs that I deal with on my pet users.

Pets in a combat state seeking out nearby enemies when the last enemy of the group I attacked falls.

Flight ability, normal flight, shutting off in combat. A temp fix for the problem of pets turning on and off flight in combat. Just give em a different flight.

Normal pet pathing suddenly stalling, leaving the pet standing in one location... like the middle of the street with nothing in the way.

Pets going inside of large bosses. Their normal attacks are cones that start inside so once in there the pets die.

I'm a Pet! AoE protection not working properly. The Pet AoE protection in ALL other games is to keep Bosses from 1 shotting them. Instead of all AoE, I recommend that the I'm a Pet! status giving Heavy protection against cosmic attacks.

Commander Spec, the specs that increase their stats seem to just add their base stats On top of SS bonuses instead of increasing their basae values which SS would then base it's increases by.

If I have pets summoned in a level 30 map and do not resummon them higher once out. When I go back into a mission the same level as the pets, they are unsummoned. The game doesn't see that they are the same level, forcing me to resummon them for no reason.

The New, and inferior, version of Inertial Dampening Force has a 100% knock/hold resist that only seems to trigger when blocking. So pets gain nothing from this attribute that supposedly balances the reduction in damage soak.

Ranged pets tend to run up to enemies and attack from point blank range. This usually ends up with them getting smashed. The only one that doesn't is the Ritual of Radiant summoning. She tends to stay by the player's side.

Pet Commands. The bar that commands all pets works. However the personal bars for pets comes up with "Unknown command "Petcommands_Setspecificpetstate"." when attempting to use.
(Recommend if pet command bar was reworked so you can set pets to go out and attack, stay by player, this would let those by the player with ranged attacks survivability if each pet could have it's own command status.)

Teleiosaurus Pheromones pets and sidekicks do not have the I'm a Pet! protection while Anagogic, cerebro-stimulator, and Nightmare generator pets do.

Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    I need more information on some of these.

Pet targeting: Controllable pets seek out whatever you have targeted when in the attack state, uncontrolled pets will go as they please.

Pet flight: Mostly intended for them to stick to the ground while in combat, would need to know what issues are being caused by this.

Pet aoe protection: Cosmics are built to wipe out pets periodically, this is intended to prevent too many being present and causing further performance issues.

Commander specs: Working as intended. They add their stated amount.

Level scaling: Unfortunately we don't have a good solution for this outside of resummoning.

IDF: Blocking is not required for any effects of this power.

Ranged pets: I would need to know what specific pets, many are set to be mid/melee range if they can use melee abilities and will only used ranged attacks if no other option is available.

Pet commands: Aware of this issue, I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon unfortunately.
  • Options
    I need more information on some of these.

Pet targeting: Controllable pets seek out whatever you have targeted when in the attack state, uncontrolled pets will go as they please.

Pet flight: Mostly intended for them to stick to the ground while in combat, would need to know what issues are being caused by this.

Pet aoe protection: Cosmics are built to wipe out pets periodically, this is intended to prevent too many being present and causing further performance issues.

Commander specs: Working as intended. They add their stated amount.

Level scaling: Unfortunately we don't have a good solution for this outside of resummoning.

IDF: Blocking is not required for any effects of this power.

Ranged pets: I would need to know what specific pets, many are set to be mid/melee range if they can use melee abilities and will only used ranged attacks if no other option is available.

Pet commands: Aware of this issue, I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon unfortunately.

Pet Targetting: https://youtu.be/F_EFWJTZgSU

Pet Flight: Certain enemies and bosses can take flight. Since some pets require flight since they have no ranged attacks they just stand under the enemy. There is also the Nighthawk event where the boss fight is mostly airborn.

Pet AoE protection: =(

Commander Specs: *sigh* Well I tried.

Level Scaling: Okay, but could you take it back to when unsummoning just despawned them. Watching the death animation just isn't fun.

IDF: I never saw any reduced knocks on my pets under the influence, however when I blocked it was much more effective.

Ranged Pets: Air Elemental uses all ranged but he flies right up to the enemy. Stage 0 Ebon Summon is the little imp that doesn't use melee attacks and does the same. I know Stage 1 will unlock melee attacks so I don't upgrade him. On some occasions Radiant summon will leave my side and approach enemies. This is usually during boss fights. Munition bots are ranged as well but they will still approach face to face with an enemy and open fire.

Pet Commands: I was afraid of that.
  • Options
    Also

I'm a Pet protection works as a Resistance buff. It really needs to be it's own protection. Just took on Steel Commando and his attacks ignored the "I'm a pet" protection.
This discussion has been closed.