test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Frag Grenade - Cuts and Scrapes

Hail Champions,

I've been enjoying The Soldier archetype as of recent until I stumbled upon level 35 in which I didn't like either option. On one hand, I could take Concussion Grenade which has a lot of different advantages to choose from if need be. On the other hand, I REALLY like Frag Grenade for the snare and how it works with critical strike chance and severity (which is something soldiers has a lot of). The problem is, I'm so close to picking Frag Grenade but the advantages aren't really there for me, its' advantages feel kind of lackluster and it doesn't even have nailed to the ground for a "Snare & No Travel Power" ability so to speak.

So, for those who don't know, Cuts and Scrapes is an advantage of the Frag Grenade power that applies Armor Piercing (-15% Crushing and Piercing Resistance) to your primary (selected) target. Long story short, I thought this advantage would apply the Armor Piercing debuff to ALL affected targets, not just the primary. I was very disappointed when I found out it didn't and the thing is, it makes sense why it should be all affected targets no? All I recommend is simply change the Armor Piercing the Frag Grenade applies to all affected targets instead of just your primary one for the following reasons:
  1. It make a somewhat mediocre power into a better one.
  2. While it's a neat change, I don't think it's game-breakingly overpowered.
  3. It has synergy. (The Shotgun Blast ability, has an advantage called Breaching Round which guarantees the knock effect on your primary target and if the secondary targets are affected by armor piercing, it guarantees the knock effect on them too.)

And yeah that's mostly it, I just want to have a reason to get that power because I really really really want to but it feels like I'm only taking it for the snare which is not bad, but wouldn't it feel so much better if the Armor Piercing was AoE? Idk, maybe it's an unpopular opinion but I felt like I should at least share and who knows? Maybe it gets changed for the better :p
Thanks for reading!