test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BladeDragon80's Build Compilation Thread

bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
edited December 2022 in Builds and Roles
So, yeah, I figured I've got builds sitting around the forums and wanted to compile them down. To give people a place to go for stuff that while I'm not the best but have at least tried to test things out and see how they go.

I'll note that I'm going to go in order and if it needs updating, willl try to note it. It's a compilation of things that I've found fun. Everything here will be Freeform as well, which means you might see some pure sets and might see some that just branch out.

NOTE: These are not min-maxed builds. These are fun, sometimes themed builds that are designed for that. If you want min-maxed, this is not the thread to go to.

CREDITS: Definitely the Discord. Especially Vexx who has entertained my madness. On the forums here, flowcyto has also been a big help and again entertained my madness. Big thanks to those two and the Discord folks who have not verbally shot me full of holes yet.

Build List In Order:

Tranquil Aka - Unarmed Martial Artist that Grows as you draw foes into his tranquility.
Super Sentai Builds - You remember that Lockbox? Yeah, we had some fun. Go Go Power Rangers Champions Edition.
Post edited by bladedragon80 on

Comments

• bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    Tranquil Aka - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Strength (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Protector (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8)
    Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 9: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Righteous Fists
    Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Rank 2, Floating Lotus Blossom)
    Level 6: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Parry (Rank 2, The Elusive Monk)
    Level 14: Dragon Uppercut (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Enrage (Giant Growth)
    Level 20: Sword Cyclone (Blender, Challenge!)
    Level 23: Steadfast
    Level 26: Mighty Kick (Boot to the Head, Footwork)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 35: One Hundred Hands (Demolishing Strikes, Challenge!)
    Level 38: Devastating Strike (Commanding Presence)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Heroic Flight (Rank 2, Fanfare)

Specializations
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Sentry: Precise (3/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
    Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Tranquil Aka is a build that came out of a desire to make an Ultraman inspired build. With Champions Online lacking an acceptable ranged attack, I decided to go another way. In the mentioned franchise there is now three that do one thing good and I embraced it. Space Martial Arts. Credit for the beginnings of this goes to Ravyn Fallenstar on the Discord for showing me how Dodge mechanics work.

This is a dual passive build designed to both bring mobs to one spot and to hit hard as you want. I managed to get a pair of great costumes and a transformation that completed the feel.

Gearing:
    Surprisingly this ended up a balanced gear setup that I'm not finished with yet. You have quite a few uses for all three of the Super Stats. Constitution keeps you alive, Strength is your damage Toggle Form, and Dexterity is your defenses/critical chances. You definitely want Cost Discount on this build or maximum energy extenders. This will allow you to get off Devastating Strike and use your maintains to full advantage. Dodge/Avoidance gear will also help you at the start of the fight and maintaining that high Dodge chance.

Combos:
    Multiple Targets: Sword Cyclone into mob -> Thundering Kicks x3 -> Sword Cyclone, repeat until 8 stacks of Enraged. Continue Thundering Kicks, use One Hundred Hands, occasional Dragon Uppercut or full charged Mighty Kick.
    Single Target/Bosses: Thundering Kicks x3 -> One Hundred Hands -> Dragon Uppercut/Mighty Kick (full charge) for buffing/debuffing.
    After that: Thundering Kicks x3 -> Mighty Kick (full charge) -> Dragon Uppercut (tap) -> repeat w/ Devastating Strike replacing DU as energy allows.

Notes: I'm proud to say that I've Dodged through the Ape's yellow ground slam/wire frame once with it and Dino I only really worry about the wire frames. Not tried main tanking but if someone does use this for it, please let me know the results. Final gearing is slow!
  • bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    Super Sentai Builds

Small story on this one. I loved the weapon skins on the Sentai Lockbox. And well, it's Freeform. It's Champions. Build and play how you want to play is a good motto. The result? This thread. I think this is the one time when a lot of us on the forums were all in the same mind set and it just went from there.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1217502/weirdness-build-request-super-sentai

My personal used one for a character named Greatman is below. I highly encourage checking the others above out. We had some great builds for Heavy Weapons, Dual Blades, Single Blade, Fighting Claws, and Munitions come out of that madness.

Greatman - Freeform (Tank)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Steady Shot
    Level 1: Viper's Fangs (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Bullet Hail (Aggression, Challenge!)
    Level 8: Defiance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Eye of the Storm (Cut To Shreds, Challenge!)
    Level 20: Dragon's Wrath (Rank 2, Tiger's Courage, Challenge!)
    Level 23: Guard (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Relentless
    Level 29: Arc of Ruin (No Quarter)
    Level 32: Skullcrusher (Rank 2, Put Them Down)
    Level 35: Resurgence (Unchained)
    Level 38: Bladed Fury (Commanding Presence)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Tough (1/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Defensive Expertise (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Gearing: Still being worked on. I love it, but had other builds occupying my time. It's great fun to use, however.

Use: Your guns are your pullers. Bullet Hail to bring them in, then Eye of the Storm to protect and aggro. Viper's Fangs to help keep and debuff for your main attacks like Dragon's Wrath, Bladed Fury, and Eye of the Storm. Arc of Ruin debuffs with Skullcrusher for wider and being the member that pulls out that big old weapon. Once you get to enough stacks, let the claws fly with Bladed Fury. All you need is exploding monsters to make it look like you were just in a sentai episode.

Notes: Vexx helped with this one a lot. Besides Bladed Fury you can substitute Whirling Dragon Strike for a lunge instead. It applies a nice debuff, is a lunge, and can generate some threat!