test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Very new and yet very old

Greetings.

Jfoxtail.

I am a very middle-aged RPG player having paid tabletop "Advanced D&D" and TSR Marvel Superhero's in the 1980s!

I am completely new to MMO and Online although I do have "some" experience from Neverwinter Nights co-op play on a few servers some years ago. I have mostly been away from that as well.

My Doctor was actually intrigued by this (Champions Online / Neverwinter) when I explained WASD controls to him; this will actually be potentially therapeutic.

My first Avatar is a Frost Tank named Nordsask. If you see a rather confused Frost tank wandering around - paused in a safe area - it is me likely reading commments/help guides/quest info for the 4th time :) I will be okay -just slow up the learning curve.

Regards

Comments

• Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Welcome aboard, Jfoxtail! I hope you'll enjoy your adventures in the Champions Online world, and your visits to our community here. I'm a past-middle-age tabletop gamer who cut his teeth on boxed-set D&D in the late 1970s, so... how ya doin', kid? ;)

I think you'll find most of us here friendly and helpful, and welcoming to newbies; although this is the Internet, so occasionally a troll wanders in from under a bridge. :/

There are sub-forums here targeted for help and advice on a range of game-related subjects, so feel free to ask for advice. Just FYI, my specialty around here is the lore of the Champions Universe, not just from the MMO but also the PnP game on which it's based. If you didn't know, tabletop Champions debuted in 1981, and the current official setting is detailed in literally dozens of published books. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about who's who and what's what in the setting. (Most of those questions seem to come up in the "Champions Pen and Paper RPG" sub-forum, since those books are where most lore can be found.)

I wish you good gaming. :)
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Hey jfoxtail! Welcome to CO! Feel free to message me in game if you have any questions or would like any help. I hope you're enjoying the game so far.