test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cigarettes and online gaming

I have a lifetime membership to this game, but spend way too much on this game I dear say like a cigarette and alcohol habit. But as it stands it has slowing become like an online coke habit, and i don't mean the soft drink. Micro transactions, and releasing powers in lock boxes and breaking the contents up to a point of making it impossible to obtain all or very very costly to do so. This game has had been revised many times and i don't blame the people who work on it, i point the finger at those at the top who just see the numbers and continue to slowly bleed us for money. I have since been cutting back on my zen buying for this game, not trying to tell everyone else to do what i do but as they seem to be interested in money might be the only way to get them to pay attention.

Don't get me wrong i have no interest in quitting this game, but if they do look and read these forums then maybe they will take notice or not doesn't matter really.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I doubt that they make much from LTS any more and they got rid of subscriptions, so what you are describing is the only way they make money these days. I doubt we will see that change.

What I miss are the sales on Z store items which used to be at least monthly. With the advent of new owners, those seem to have gone the way of the dinosaurs.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • paperbellpaperbell Posts: 31 Arc User
    I am so tired of costumes being the only new content. I do wish for more end game stories, and saying that I would love for the foundry system to return. I pay for something like and "foundry slot" costing $10 or $15 each to allow the players to create a single short story per each slot?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Since they disabled Foundry in their other games it ain't coming here.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Since they disabled Foundry in their other games it ain't coming here.
    A major reason for the Foundry to get removed from STO & NW was it constantly breaking with each new content update. Since we don't really get content updates, that's not the hurdle we're facing here.

On the other hand, the Foundry was using a lot of tech from the updated version of the engine that they used for those two games that never got ported to CO. And CO seemingly never looked like it would pull in enough money to validate cost of updating the engine, at least to those who were making decisions.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    The real issue i have is the hoops to jump through to acquire costume options and powers, i mean at least give me a way to get them without grinding for ever. I don't really have the time to get many of them and most likely never will unless they put them in the comic book store. I have been wanting the sia skin for ever but the requirement is just too much as by the time i get high enough to get the tokens i am tired of the character.

Like what?

You say that you don't want to grind forever? Okay. Let's say that they create an option where you can buy even costumes in the C-Store.

No more grinding the event to get the tokens to get the Moth costume, you can just buy it.

And now what? You come back here complaining about them charging you for the costume?

But beyond even that, if you get tired of a character "by the time you are high enough to get the tokens" then why are you even worried about it?
    It seems like you get tired of characters awfully fast. I'm not sure how many of these events have a floor, but it isn't many, and you can pretty much always find someone willing to SK you.

But if you really want that costume then you will keep one of your "higher" toons around to play event stuff. To earn those tokens to get those costumes so you can put the new characters in them before you get tired of them, too.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    The real issue i have is the hoops to jump through to acquire costume options and powers, i mean at least give me a way to get them without grinding for ever. I don't really have the time to get many of them and most likely never will unless they put them in the comic book store. I have been wanting the sia skin for ever but the requirement is just too much as by the time i get high enough to get the tokens i am tired of the character.

Like what?

You say that you don't want to grind forever? Okay. Let's say that they create an option where you can buy even costumes in the C-Store.

No more grinding the event to get the tokens to get the Moth costume, you can just buy it.
    You can technically already purchase the event costumes with real money by jumping through a couple of hoops.

1: Buy Zen.
    2: Buy Cosmic Keys with the Zen.
    3: Open lootboxes (each lootbox gives you a bit of Drifter Salvage).
    4: Use the Drifter Salvage to buy event currency.
    5: Use the purchased event currency to buy event costumes.

Only works for costumes in the event store obviously and since the amount of Salvage from lootboxes is random (and you sometimes get Salvage crates) there's no simple conversion table of $ to event currency. And it's probably not going to be cheap either.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

Like what?

You can technically already purchase the event costumes with real money by jumping through a couple of hoops.

1: Buy Zen.
    2: Buy Cosmic Keys with the Zen.
    3: Open lootboxes (each lootbox gives you a bit of Drifter Salvage).
    4: Use the Drifter Salvage to buy event currency.
    5: Use the purchased event currency to buy event costumes.

Only works for costumes in the event store obviously and since the amount of Salvage from lootboxes is random (and you sometimes get Salvage crates) there's no simple conversion table of $ to event currency. And it's probably not going to be cheap either.

Not cheap at all, but you pay for convenience, right?

The problem is the OP wants it all and wants it cheap.

They don't want to have to grind or otherwise "jump through hoops".

They don't want to have to pay and pray for lockbox items.

Oh, and they "get tired of their characters" at what seems like an alarming rate. I admit that I am perhaps a poor judge here, since I made four toons for early launch and still play three regularly.
    I have two more toons besides those four; One was made for the Defender's Recruitment event and the other just to experiment with a power set (to see if maybe I would make a change to one of my mains).

There was another I made for another Defender's Recruitment event, but I deleted them. Not because I needed the room, certainly, but I was not going to play them and I also didn't need them as a bank alt, so...

Anyway, I sidetracked there, but I am not one to get tired of toons quickly.

But I still do question why costumes and certain ultimate powers are so important for toons that have such a short shelf-life.
    I may, at times, play a little more with this toon that that toon, but I don't "get tired" of any of my mains.

The OP seemingly wants to spend neither time nor money to get what they want, and they only want it for toons that will soon be relegated to the shelf anyway.