test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CC/DPS Poison Hero feedback

Hello guys, I have this build for an Hybrid DPS/CC FreeForm Hero. The plan is switching roles and passives when I need to. What do you think?

PD: I would also appreciate help on what equipment should I build (Or maybe 2 whole equipments, one for each role)

Build link
Tagged:

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I assume that this is a Cosmic-focused build. I don't have experience w/ the CC side of it, so I can't comment on much there, nor on the gearing for it. The RR adv on BCR does pair well w/ R3 Masterful Dodge, though, so I may consider getting that. I would also make sure that you have enough energy for heavy Defile use when using the dps setup, since Defile can be pretty costly (though in a cosmic setting you can be getting buffs like AoAC and/or other AoPMs, so you could still be fine there). Hope the build works out for you, regardless.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    You might run into a few issues with the build. Being dual role, you shouldn't have a reason to use the Hybrid role and should be using either the Support role or DPS role. Using AoPM without Pre as a super stat won't be as helpful to your teammates when in the Support role. Also, not have Con as a super stat might make it a little extra challenging to survive Kiga blasts and storms, etc... Sticking to this build I'd probably take Pre and Con as stats over Dex and End and consider swapping the Gifts of the Storm advantage on Bountiful Chi Resurgence for either Rank 2 or Resurgent Reiki.

Here's a similar dual role CC/DPS build

CC/FC DPS Spicy Build. - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
    Level 6: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 9: Jack of All Trades (Str: 2, Dex: 2, Con: 2, Int: 2, Ego: 2, Pre: 2, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 12: Field Ops Training (Con: 3, Int: 3, Ego: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 15: Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 18: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Psi Lash
    Level 1: Ego Sprites (Illumination, Slave Mentality, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Manipulator
    Level 11: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Conjuring
    Level 20: Ego Storm (Malevolent Manifestation)
    Level 23: Concentration
    Level 26: Shadow Blast (Psychotic Break, Devoid)
    Level 29: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Nyctophobia)
    Level 32: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Thundering Return
    Level 38: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Enlightened (2/3)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (1/3)
    Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Rejuvenated (1/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Revenancy
    Slot 2: Psionic Accelerator
    Slot 3: Gadroon Force Tech
    Slot 4: Elder Worm Humidity Dome

Instead of Mental Leech, I put in Ego Sprites with the new Illumination advantage to proc Conjuring and apply Mend along with Slave Mentality. You could still use Mental Leech.

Since your build seemed to be single target DPS, I stuck with that but switched from poison to Shadow Form, Ebon Rune and Shadow Blast. SB with Psychotic Break and Devoid to apply/refresh Devoid and proc Wither and Sentinel Mastery. Fully charge or tapping SB before Ebon Rune to proc Preemptive Strike.

I also swapped AoPM for Aura of Radiant Protection for more survivability vs Kiga. You could always try AoPM and see how it goes.

You can use Ego Storm to bridge between Sleep at Kiga but having the Revenancy device is nice for that as well.

For gear, I'd probably go with a set that stacks Pre with Sentinel Mods in the Utility gear for CCing and a set that stacks Int for DPS.