test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Public Event Chain: Armadillo Hunt

Hey hey people, Ziggy here

Once again, I feel the beckon to write up some content and this time around I'll be hosting a story with a slightly darker twist. This story will revolve around the machinations of the immoral, greedy or doggedly loyal to a shadowy figure. Characters such as mercenaries or selfish supers will be encouraged for this story as they will be in contact with one who does not walk among heroes in the open.
Welcome to the Armadillo Hunt.

Players can sign up by sending a mail to Ziggy@gilbourne5 ingame or by messaging Cagi#9427 on Discord. Please provide the following information:

Character name
@ handle
Character age (This is more to keep unnecessary themes at bay at the appropriate times)
Powers
A small snippet of their backstory if you so wish

This will be a freeform event chain, meaning no third-party rolling or PvE/PvP, just good old-fashioned storytelling and in-channel emoting. All posts will take place in a privately-hosted channel where attendees will be removed after the arc's completion. To join the channel, right-click your CHAT tab on the top-left corner of your chat window and go to CHANNELS. An invite for the Public RP Event channel should be there by the time the event is ready to start once your information is sent.

A few small rules:

1. The usual business of no harassment or inappropriate comments. This may possibly have 18+ themes but please don't take that as an excuse to describe the squishiness of your gibbly bits, engage in erotic conduct or take it as an excuse to toss about derogatory words.
2. At the present, nobody has a blacklisting or any form of 'charge' against them, so I will not be discriminating on who attends. Please don't be dissuaded or mistreat another who might have a bad rep in your eyes. If they truly are so evil, they won't last long.
3. Power is expected with heroes, but don't use that as a reason to godmode or powergame. This event chain can either embrace extreme raw power or those of lesser strength with the right level of manipulative power, so the power scale is set to high with plenty of opportunity for weaker characters.
4. Please be patient. Not all events will be combat-based, and thus trying to force a fight may only lead to negative consequences IC, and possibly OOC if it's found to be intentionally derailing of the story.

With that being said, look to the following post for the prompt and information!
Tagged:

Comments

• ziggy#5693 ziggy Posts: 32 Arc User
    Event 1: Snake Wrangling
    Event date: Saturday 24th September 4pm est (8pm GMT-0) (9pm BST (British time)) (2pm server time)

Among the depths of the underworld, a masked man clad in black leather and a trench coat searches for powerful mercenaries and averous superheroes with a laptop on hand with a pre-recorded message. When he opens, a symbol with a black dog's head and leering red eyes emerges:

Greetings, seeker of wealth.

I am Barghest, and I have a task for you, if you are willing to improve the world for a quick buck. I seek a man called Randall Gordon, a previous junior engineer for a government project that was dismantled by him personally. These days he goes by the moniker 'Armadillo', and is currently on hire by the forces of VIPER. Where however, is unknown. He was last seen performing a bank raid alongside a commander who is taking refuge in the city centre, and may have information on where he was stationed next. Further details will follow should you take up this task, with ten million dollars available should you complete the full objective.

We will be in contact...
    In the northern end of the City Centre, two figures were seen chasing down a group of VIPER agents hidden in an abandoned bagel joint. One was described to be 'green and catty' while the other is considered to be practically a blur, perhaps even a figment. A Commander by the name of Lazlowe Green was taken away with the group of ten soldiers dead at the scene.
    Event 2: The Hunt Commences
    Event Date: Saturday 1st October 4pm est (8pm GMT-0) (9pm BST (British time)) (2pm server time)

Once more, the masked man bearing a laptop stands at the ready with a prepared message.

Greetings once more. I have an update on our available opportunities:

Randall Gordon, also known as 'Armadillo' has been found to be in a base in Canada following the capture and interrogation of a VIPER Commando. I will be paying premium for the live capture of Gordon with his armour intact. Good hunting.
    Event 2: The Hunt Commences (new time/date)
    Event Date: Monday 3rd October 4pm est (8pm GMT-0) (9pm BST (British time)) (2pm server time)

Once more, the masked man bearing a laptop stands at the ready with a prepared message.

Greetings once more. I have an update on our available opportunities:

Randall Gordon, also known as 'Armadillo' has been found to be in a base in Canada following the capture and interrogation of a VIPER Commando. I will be paying premium for the live capture of Gordon with his armour intact. Good hunting.
    Randall Gordon, also known as the Armadillo was found unconscious near Project Steelhead and brought into custody. He was found to have been colluding with VIPER forces north of the base at the time and has no memory of what happened to result in the base's destruction or his loss of consciousness.
    Event 3: Sunburst (Arc finale)
    Event Date: Monday 17th October 4pm est (8pm GMT-0) (9pm BST (British time)) (2pm server time)

My thanks in capturing Gordon. With the information I extracted from his mind prior to his release, I learned some disturbing details about his origins and his ties to US military testing. I'm putting some money on the table for you to gain information from a certain base that may have ties to a Project Sunburst. I will be in direct contact during the mission.

- Barghest
    A report came out that the Black Sand Missile Testing Site in Nevada was assaulted by the forces of Mechanon. However, an unknown source claims to have defeated Mechanon's units, as well as a monster in its possession following the attack. Officials have not given further information on the matter, stating it to be a highly-classified matter.

((With that, the Armadillo Hunt arc is over! Cheers for attending!))