test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mentalist Tree: Empath

To continue on a much much earlier suggestion I hope to clean up the Trees and Progression a bit by moving some powers out of the Magic Tree and creating a proper Empath progression in the mentalist tree.

I propose that all powers connecting to emotional states be moved to a Mentalist Tree called "Empath". This set would differentiate from Telepathy as a Mid-Range Direct Damage/Heal set. Long range Heal, DPS, pets, and Crowd Control would define the Telepathy set. Telekinesis would consist of mostly the Ego Weaponry (Ego Blades, Shards, Knives, Swords, and Lances).

Energy Builder
Psi Lash
Tier 0
Mind Break
Tier 1
Empathic Healing
Shadow of Doubt
Fear Consumption - Moved from Darkness
Congress of Selves
Tier 2
Psychic Vortex
Mental Leech - Moved from Tier 1
Soul Mesmerism - Moved from Infernal
Tier 3
Mental Storm
Mindful Reinforcement
Madness Aura - Moved from Darkness
Tier 4
Master of the Mind

Change Fear Consumption to work with Stats inside the set or at least add a stat to REC. EGO seems the obvious choice since it's Mentalist theme stat and theres already a REC/PRE Form that does the same thing in Compassion. By allowing Darkness set to really be more about Necromancy/Comunicating with Death etc it'll allow for clearer conceptual building and have a more direct correlation to Stats in that set (END and CON)

Finally the Empath Set needs a form of Illumination to adequately compete with other Mid Range healing builds like Fire and Celestial. I recommend Psychic Vortex apply it to nearby Allies within 20-25ft. The power is greatly underperforming as is.