test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Odd behavior while using Parser

omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
I've been noticing this for weeks now when using the ACT to parse DPS. People into the meta game are well aware that some "free" dps can be had using single click DoT powers. Toxic Nanites is a well known popular example. However, I've seen some odd behavior after I go past 1 click power with a DoT. For example I tried adding Gas Arrow to the mix on my sorcery. Normally you'd think "hey more free DPS, that should parse higher than just using nanites" right? In my case, wrong. Nearly identical score as when I just used Nanites.

The funny think is that I ONLY notice this dps drop-off with my Qualaar muni (nanites + frag nade) and my sorcery dps (when I added a 2nd DoT) . Every single other build I use that has the DoTs built right into my regular attack rotation performs much much better than the former above mentioned. At first I would just chalk that up to me just building those better. So then I did some comparing with friends.

I'd play my qualaar along with their, nearly identical builds that would not account for the quite large dps difference between us. However if we played very similar OTHER builds and aren't so "click dots and use maintains" then I have no problem keeping up with them.

The only thing I can think of is that my WiFi connection and/or PC aren't good enough to keep all my hits registering properly on server side on those kinds of builds. Any build I play that involves using click power dots in between maintains seems to hit some weird dps ceiling at 1 power. It got even weirder when I tested using the Target Locked device, which is another click power. Once again, parser showed little to no dps gain. My builds that use charge attacks seem the least affected, with the exception of my PA. And I think the PA doesn't get affected by this because the vast majority of my time at a cosmic is almost purely my 3 toggles.
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris