test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] New Active Offensives

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Suggestions Box
Thinking about some new power set specific AO's.

One thing I was disappointed about with the Archery rework was the lack of unique AO added to the set.

I was a bit too late to add anything to the Force update on PTS so, decided to post here. I've got a preference for seeing in set powers benefitting the parent set mechanics or powers, so that's generally the trend you'll see below.

New Active Offensives

FORCE

Surging Shields / Combat Forcefield / Offensive Barrier

+ Increases the damage strength of your Force attacks by 42/60/80% for 15 sec
+ Grants you a regenerating 500-point Direct Shield for 15 sec. This will contribute to your Field Inversions without being consumed for the duration.
+ Can be used while Held or Confused.
+ Assists with breaking out of Holds.
+ Reduces power costs by 20% for 15 sec.
+ All Field Inversion damage is boosted by 30% for 15 sec.

WIND

Storm Forger / Turbulent Surge / Natural Disaster

+ Increases the damage strength of your Wind attacks by 42/60/80% for 15 sec.
+ Grants you the 'Buffeting Winds' buff which automatically repels enemies out of melee range. Enemies who can withstand or resist this effect have 1/2/3 stacks of Stagger automatically applied to them for 15 sec.
+ Increases your energy equilibrium and energy generation.
+ Reduces the energy cost and halves the charge time of Typhoon whilst active.

ARCHERY

Nock N Fire / Legendary Archer / Enhanced Precision

+ Increases the damage strength of your Archery attacks by 32/50/70% for 15 sec
+ Grants your Archery attacks a 15% defense penetration buff for 15 sec.
+ Removes the self-rooting component of Concentrated Shots whilst active, allowing for free movement whilst keeping the maintain going.
+ Decreases charge time on Archery powers by 5/10/15% for 15 sec.

GADGETEERING

Bright Idea / Hyper Efficiency / Super Tech

+ Increases the damage strength of your Gadgeteering attacks by 32/50/70% for 15 sec.
+ Grants your Gadgeteering attacks a 15% defense penetration buff for 15 sec.
+ Sets the base energy cost of all Gadgeteering abilities to 10 energy / 5 energy per period for 15 sec.
+ Halves the cooldown on On Next Hit abilities and doubles their effectiveness for 15 sec.

POWER ARMOR

Overclock / Combat Mode / Limit Break

+ Increases the damage strength of your Power Armor attacks by 32/50/70% for 15 sec.
+ Grants you a 5% stacking damage buff for each toggle slot active for 15 sec.
+ Removes Targeting Arc restrictions for 15 sec.
+ Increases energy gain from Overdrive by 20% for 15 sec.

LASER SWORD

Particle Avenger / Energy Infusion / Laser Focus

+ Increases the damage strength of your Laser Sword attacks by 42/60/80% for 15 sec.
+ Increases your energy equilibrium and energy generation by 400% for 15 sec.
+ Decreases the charge time on all Laser Sword abilities for 15 sec.
+ Doubles the knock resistance granted by Quantum Stabilizer for 15 sec.

TELEPATHY

Sixth Sense / Psychic Fury / Domineering Will

+ Increases the damage strength of your Telepathy attacks by 32/50/70% for 15 sec.
+ Grants your Telepathy attacks a 15% defense penetration buff for 15 sec.
+ Ends any active Crowd Control on you.
+ Doubles the duration of any Telepathy Crowd Control abilities you have for 15 sec.
+ Grants you Crowd Control Immunity if you have a Mentalist passive slotted for 15 sec.

EARTH

Tectonic Terror / Seismic Superiority / Earthen Warrior

+ Increases the damage strength of your Earth attacks by 42/60/80% for 15 sec.
+ Grants your Earth attacks a 100% chance to apply Stagger to enemies with every hit for 15 sec.
+ Halves the charge time on all Earth abilities for 15 sec.
+ Resets the cooldown on Earthquake and Fissure every 7 seconds whilst active.

SORCERY

Sorcerous Surge / Arcane Empowerment / Wild Magic

+ Increases the damage strength of your Sorcery attacks by 42/60/80% for 15 sec.
+ Allows you to benefit from a maximum of 2 circles and 2 sets of sigils simultaneously for 15 sec.
+ Applies a random Enchantment to self every 4 seconds for 15 sec.
+ Resets the cooldown on Hex of Suffering every 3 seconds for 15 sec.

BESTIAL SUPERNATURAL

Bloodlust / Unfettered Rage / Berserker

+ Increases the damage strength of your Bestial Supernatural attacks by 30/48/68% for 15 sec.
+ Doubles the damage of your Bestial Supernatural Bleed stacks for 15 sec.
+ Applies a 30% charge speed bonus to all Bestial Supernatural attacks for 15 sec.
+ Grants 1 stack of Charged Up every 3 seconds for 15 seconds.

INFERNAL SUPERNATURAL

Toxin Surge / Infernal Intent / Plague

+ Increases the damage strength of your lnfernal Supernatural attacks by 30/48/68% for 15 sec.
+ Doubles the damage of your Infernal Supernatural Poison stacks for 15 sec.
+ Reduces energy costs by 40% for all Infernal Supernatural attacks for 15 sec.
+ Applies Noxious Poison to all attackers in melee range for 15 sec.

Any tweaks or changes people suggest are welcome! Just suggestions after all!

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I like these ideas, but I thought the current Devs did not like AOs. They mostly get nerfed if anything. When I first started playing I used to incorporate AOs, but lately I've been taking them out of builds since they usually don't add much of a real bonus and self res. powers have seemed more useful.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I like these ideas, but I thought the current Devs did not like AOs. They mostly get nerfed if anything. When I first started playing I used to incorporate AOs, but lately I've been taking them out of builds since they usually don't add much of a real bonus and self res. powers have seemed more useful.

I think the problem is that, with some exceptions, they don't have anything that uniquely benefits their parent set. Like Aggressor doesn't have anything innately which benefits or takes advantage of Blindside Blow or Reckless etc, when ideally it should.

That's kind of why I've taken the usual template with these suggestions but added something in which actually benefits the parent set.

We already have general purpose AO's like Ice Sheathe, Ego Surge, Lock N Load, Imbue, Ascension but nothing that really looks that attractive for the parent set or tree (with the exception of Ego Surge)
  • Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    While I personally don't like AOs from a design perspective (and I think most of their effects should be worked into actual powersets more naturally), I do feel that these options make the massive cooldowns on these powers far more logical. If AOs must have cooldowns longer than ultimate powers, they should feel worth the wait. With the massive DR placed on existing AOs, they rarely if ever meet that ask. These suggestions, however, manage to make them options worth taking, at least if you're going for a particular set. Even if none of these see implementation, they should at least serve as an example of what an AO should really look like.
  • Options
    rileymarks1rileymarks1 Posts: 48 Arc User
    I really like this idea, of course I advocate all trees getting their own versions of most utility powers i.e., their own AO, AD, and self res. Some of us still use these abilities in their builds and having them tie in with their parent tree would be very nice indeed.
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    These are great. Creative, yet sensible suggestions, and I especially like the theme/flavor associated with each power set!;) /SIGNED!
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    Signed for support - not that it will get implemented.. because devs don't like us having fun,