test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

life time sub

Just was looking into getting the life time subscription but paying $250 is not cheap for me at all is it worth it I do not want to buy this and get info the game is closing its doors i would be pissed I have been playing the game since its launch so I have almost everything unlocked I just wanted it for the unlimited Freeform slots.

Comments

• Options
    blueionstormzblueionstormz Posts: 289 Arc User
    There is a limit to creating free form or AT characters, last I know of, it was 120 character slots. Also you will need to buy regular character slots using the monthly zen that comes with lifetime sub to create more free form characters. I bought mine when there was lifetime sub sale some years back. If you are willing to wait, it may come around eventually.

The value of anything is in the eyes of the beholder, if it is of value to you, then it will be worth it, if you have the budget for it. I had no regrets making my decision to get the lifetime sub then or even today, though I had to wait a few years till I could spare the budget for it. In light of the financial instability and hardship that came with the pandemic, you may want to carefully weight your decision though.
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Just was looking into getting the life time subscription but paying $250 is not cheap for me at all is it worth it I do not want to buy this and get info the game is closing its doors i would be pissed I have been playing the game since its launch so I have almost everything unlocked I just wanted it for the unlimited Freeform slots.

Granted it does go on sale for a limited time still, although I see your point.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    I was told the game was shutting down back in 2017 when I debating going LTS or not. I ignored the doomsayers and bought it on sale. I didnt play much in 2018, but when I came back I had a whole lot of Zen I didnt know what to do with.

Still getting free Zen 5 years later. Well enough paid for itself already.

Keep in mind, buying freeform slot package on its own, you're already about 1/4 of way to LTS on sale. Buy the package a second time, you might as well saved it all for LTS.

If I was going to do it all over again, I would have bought premium first to see how I liked it, then saved for LTS.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    I was told the game was shutting down back in 2017 when I debating going LTS or not. I ignored the doomsayers and bought it on sale.
    The doomsayers were at it even before the game launched, claiming the game wouldn't last a year when LTS was first revealed. I got mine almost as soon as possible (at most a day after they were first offered for sale). And the main thing I've gotten from it has been the ability to "not play" for several months without feeling like I've wasted a subscription while still having full access to gold status when I do go back.

There's always the chance that the game gets shut down tomorrow, but all signs point towards the game being able to plod along for the forseeable future. A LTS could be worth it if you have the money to spare and you enjoy the game in it's current state.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Still here from 2009, LTS and living like a king.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    almightenalmighten Posts: 38 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Still here from 2009, LTS and living like a king.
    Been playing since Beta & was gold before LTS; LTS as soon as it was made available. No regrets!

• Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Haven't regretted my sub yet and my exchange rate was x2.7$
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Best entertainment value/$ was getting my LTS. I love that the devs pay me to play.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I got a LTS after the game went F2P and have never regretted my purchase, however CO LTS was an entirely different beast back then and I felt you got far more value for money, these days I feel it would be a harder sell. I still love Champions, but what I enjoyed most was making characters and leveling them but sadly with the cap (which I believe is currently at 125) I can't even buy any more character slots, also our costume slots are capped as well. They have allowed us to build new characters with special events and gifted memberships, but it's like a drip feed of what sold me on the game.

Now there's still quite a lot of content, if you like the actual intended gameplay, and if you're not really into making new characters and costumes, there's probably stuff in the game that will keep you interested for a long time. However if I were new tot he game today I'd really struggle with the decision to get a LTS, I think buying just the Premium Pack would be enough for me.
  • Options
    wizx269wizx269 Posts: 15 Arc User
    I haven't seen an LTS sale since Gearbox took over. Does anyone know if the sales have been discontinued?
    I expected one at the first of the year 2023, January or February but we are now in March and still no LTS sale.
  • Options
    shredzorshredzor Posts: 2 Arc User
    I see no premium pack on offer either. I only see an option for Life time Sub for $250 currently
  • Options
    areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
    shredzor wrote: »
    I see no premium pack on offer either. I only see an option for Life time Sub for $250 currently

If you ever paid a subscription then it's in the freebe tab.
  • Options
    dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 77 Arc User
    It was worth it to me, but I've had it since this game launched.
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!