test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Noob question: Can I sell emotes, costumes, and action figures?

Good evening, fellow champions.

I've been playing this game for several weeks now, but there's a TON of stuff I don't know about it. In this case, what am I supposed to do with emotes, costumes, and action figures...as I don't want to change the appearance of my character, and the action figures are (I think) useless?

The Collections Officer won't buy them off me. So is there a character in this game who WILL, or do I just empty my bag of all this useless stuff and move on with the game.

My thanks in advance.

Kevin Holsinger

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    You can sell unbounded items in the Auction House at Ren Center. But certain unlocks you can unlock them as you may want to use it in future. Just in case you decide to expand your characters variety is nice

You'll need to pay a tiny fee of global depending on the price you can to sell them. You can search the item to check the value of it or just ask someone you trust.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    If selling in the Auction House, look up the item first to see what others are selling it for and then decide your price. I see some folks posting items so high they are just going to lose the auction fee for posting it. I'm talking about things like a rank 3 mod being posted for 850g. I mean, technically anything's possible, but Just sayin..
  • Good afternoon, Metalheart and Spookyspectre.

Thank you for your advice. Now to learn how to use the Auction House... :)

Best to you and your loved ones.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    If you don't see what you have to sell in the AH you can always ask in chat for a "price check." Often there are players around who have a pretty good sense of what things are worth. You can also advertize things you want to buy/sell in chat. Just don't spam it. That's bad form. I did get a chuckle today from a player asking for 60,000 G for a brilliance mod! ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Good afternoon, jaazaniah1.

Thanks for the advice. Right now, I'm just in the mood to get rid of my stuff without just dumping it on the ground. So I tried selling my stuff at the Auction House for insanely low prices, and cleaned house in minutes.

As time goes along, I might get savvier, and need to go more your route.

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    There is also a Trade channel. Open chat settings. Click join channel. Type 'Trade' hit join
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Thanks again, Metalheart.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    Just a note... Most costume pieces unlock for any character on your account.

They do not change the current character's appearance at all, they merely allow access to the costume piece in the tailor. This is for changing the appearance of this character, creating or changing the appearance of another of your characters, or for creating a nemesis for any of your characters.

Action figures tend not to be worth much (literally and figuratively), but there may be some that you like or that fit into a theme for a particular character... A wizard-type may have a familiar, for example, and a number of action figures could fill that role.

In any case, I would not recommend being in too big a hurry to just get rid of things. Some things can fetch a pretty nice price, so it's always a good idea to check prices and, if you do not see any such items on the AH, maybe just stash it for a little while and re-check the AH periodically.
  • Good evening, mithrosnomore.

Thanks for that.