test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Capes and Back items are all black

elseguard#5205 elseguard Posts: 76 Arc User
edited July 2022 in PC & Technical Issues
This has happened many times over the years and the only thing that seems to fix it is a full re-install....until it randomly happens again. The most recent time is today, but earlier this morning it was totally fine. It seems to make anything with I guess physics lose its texture/colors. Does anyone know about this or how to fix without having to fully install again?

Update: Even re-installing didnt solve it so...yeah I dont know what to do know and its really annoying. Also I turned the lighting setting to low and oddly enough I can see the right texture now, but back on high it blackens again.

m6ql66odq37x.jpg

fvbxamgaxrnm.jpg

w3bf3094p6s3.jpg

Post edited by elseguard#5205 on

Comments

• Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Had this once, I think you need to verify files again or do a re-installation. If I am not wrong, can be also the graphic driver needing an update. It was longer ago for me when I had this.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, none of those have worked. Tried verifying everytime it's happened over the years and never worked. My drivers and everything stay up to date as well. The re-install didn't work either even though it fixed it the most recent time this happened before this one. It seems to just occur randomly and I have searched the net tons of time looking for an answer but no one seems to have talked about the issue. This has been on multiple PCs throughout the years too.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Sadly can't help more, my topic on it, 2 years ago, not had answers either, it fixed itself eventually seemingly. Think was even with a patch. But I have written that verify worked for me back then but switched back after too.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1215210/bug-loincloth-and-capes-appear-black
  • Options
    It would be nice if the devs addressed this, but at this point between your topic back then not answered and mine now I doubt they ever will. I experimented with a few things but have managed to fix it it by deleting the gameprefs.prefs file and its been okay so far, but have to redo my video settings. Then again, if it happens next time this might not even work.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Running with DirectX 9 or 11?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    I have tried on both, but CO's issue is that in DX9 a large portion of settings become unavailable like certain settings not being able to go to high like bloom and lighting (and I mean in the dropdown menu the high setting is literally gone). Also another large amount of settings are disabled if I have anti-aliasing on for some reason and it says I have to have it off.

In DX11, everything is available like it should be. From all my testing, it seems the lighting setting set to high was making the textures come up black all of a sudden since with it off I could see the right texture. My issue has been fixed so far by deleting the gameprefs.pref file in the localdata folder and letting the game make a new one and redoing my settings. I won't know if that was the overall solution until it happens again but it hasn't yet and has been working fine so far.