test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fire Patch & Illumination ADVs for Thunderstrike - Negative Ions ADV on Vicious Descent

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
We are not getting power revamps neither brand new powers and I'm getting really impatient to updated existing FF theme builds and create brand new!

If we could get new utility advs on existing powers more often It GREATLY helps to fill existing gaps and provide Synergies!
For example Earth Splitter got new utility advs during that REALLY CONFUSING Lite-update earlier this year!
Those ADV gave me a lot of new synergies to my Elementalist (as substitute to real Earth power... to apply Clinging flames as well! EARTH TAKE NOTES), Earth Mage (For having access to No Quarter Debuff) and of course Heavy Weapons (it can be COMBED with Skullcrusher believe it or not! the Pull + Debuff adv and it greatly helps in general in QWZ solo dailies)

Years ago I asked during Fire revamp for Fire and Electricity powers to get access to Negative Ions and Clinging Flames to provide more ELEMENTAL synergies witch... and FIREBALL of all things got Negative Ions adv... what?
Thunder got no adv or power that can apply Clinging flames

Thunderstrike is the perfect candidate to get Fire Patch and Illumination ADV

Fire Patch
  • Thunderstrike causing forest fires! So in-game it makes sense it will create a crate of fire patch when it strikes the ground
  • Perfect Cooldown Duration to balance it
  • Cool Looking power with potential for Utilities
  • It makes sense for Electricity to cause fire in general

This made me realize that Flashfire really needs some new utilities adv as well! It has nothing to synergize with anything else

Illumination
  • See it as Thunderstrike being used in Magic themed builds
  • Synergy with Celestial (If there is any synergy left with this outdated Pre-alert powerframe)

Vicious Descent getting Negative Ions
My reasoning for this is that there are simple not enough Negative Ions applications from HW for the Brimstone's Lightning Rod ADV pull effect to be useful!

There is literally only 2 powers, Eruption and Brimstone itself (Thundering Roar adv), that can apply NI from HW
The problem is both powers have innate knock so by building Knock resistance on enemies to apply NI you diminish the knock into effect of Brimstone making it really useless

Vicious Descent could get a NI adv adv, calling it "Thunderous Entrance" to fit the theme
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    we don't get power revamps anymore; just drearily unuseful power replacers.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    we don't get power revamps anymore; just drearily unuseful power replacers.

AND THEY FREAKING S U C K
    Not only they are just thrown in the game to Manipulate people to constantly farming the same thing over and over again for Limited time (Fear Of Missing Out)

But then you realize the majority of the Power Replacers are actually weaker than the powers they based on and have incredible huge energy management requirements!
    Not to mention the amount of gaps in a theme build which wants to use them (lack of other particle-beam gun damage powers for the weapons, using telepathy powers for the debuff for the Ghost Hunter riffle e.t.c)

My friend described this as "Donkey Following Carrot" and I see it clearly now!

Anyway! More meaningful CORE POWER Updates please
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!