test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More devices?

I don't mind the addition but at some point are they going to continue the revamp or what, was said a while back that this year they would but so far it is still one lock box after another. I have so many costume options and not enough power ideas to cover them can only recycle the powers so many times folks. The devices would be great of they were power options like a wand to shoot energy powers or to do magic spells from same with guns option to have a real freeze gun.

Comments

• Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    My biggest issue with the devices is we're getting too many, with not enough device slots. I wanted a character that only used energy based weapons, but we're very limited on that in the powers department. Now we're getting lots of energy weapon devices, but not enough device slots to use them all.
  • Options
    historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    Travel power devices need another look. I like the idea that some TPs come in device form. What I don't like is that they aren't all created equal. Running or flying powers are done well in device form. Teleport powers are not - 12s cooldown between 'ports on the device when teleport is usually an almost instant cooldown otherwise? Come on.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    It gets worse when you realize so many of those Power Variant Devices are actually weaker than the powers they replace and have horrible energy management!

I know it was stated that Gadgets will be the LAST to get revamped (but at this rate, who knows how many more years it will take) but adding more powers to help the powerframe would be nice!
    Seriously, why don't you just add those as regular powers instead of Devices? It just feels disingenuous now with the lack of proper power updates

Just so it can manipulate players to farm existing content for limited time to get those Devices for Fear of Missing Out :confused:
    Adding the devices the last day before the Save the Earth rotates was just... sad
    I have so many costume options and not enough power ideas to cover them can only recycle the powers so many times folks.
    We suffer from the same problem 🤝
    Many characters ideas and content only to get walled by the lack of new powers and combos
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    If they ever do revamp devices, I hope they allow more of them to offer damage-type debuffs. Demolish and Armor Piercing devices would be popular for sure.