test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, new look to the forums, eh?

Is this something to do with the new owners?

The button to add a new discussion is an unmarked plus sign at the bottem of the page. This should be much more obvious (i.e. shouldn't have to mouse over it to see the text suggesting it has something to do with discussions, and not about contacting Switzerland) and should be moved to the top of the page, at least somewhere close to where the old, properly labeled button was.

If you are updating the forums, now is the time to get rid of the link to the dead wiki page.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Mine looks weird....
    ph4e9ly3lwvo.png
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    Mine looks the same. Honestly, new forum layout sucks imo
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    ziivb9c81lwc.gif
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I feel pretty confident this whiteboard is a transition phase until the configuration the new owners want is ready to upload. Annoying, but tolerable if it doesn't last too long.

Of course we'll probably have something to b!itch about over the new forums too. ;)
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I'm glad it switched to "Dark Mode", but I'm gonna miss the ability to see the most recent post in each subforum on the side.

Also, just noticed everyone lost their sigs too.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Well, at least everything is still here. Glad that the Builds section is mostly links to HeroCreator, though - that would be a heck of a lot of lost builds if they were forum ones!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    dialamx wrote: »

Sons of beaches!
    Probably get default choices for forumavatars soon.

edit.
    Now my sig looks...disturbing...Click the whiteborder.

• Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    Why companies can't even leave such alone, "Never change a running system.", I feel lost in this new layout. Feels bulky and hard to get used too, on top of trying to find if there are any settings for it, since without dark mode, it seems screwed on my side, with dark mode (Dark Reader Add-on) it works in a way. Still odd. Tho, new Layout feels clunky in general.

One good thing I give is, it now jumps to the last unread comments in a thread instead of always on the top of the page. So, less scrolling to where you left off last.
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Sons of beaches!

edit.

Oof.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    areeeareee Posts: 830 Arc User

shadowolf505
    shadowolf505 Posts: 666 Arc User
    7:26AM

flyingfinn wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

Sons of beaches!

edit.

Oof.

Aieeeeeee!
    Demon post!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    It's so Ugly!
    Why companies can't even leave such alone, "Never change a running system.", I feel lost in this new layout. Feels bulky and hard to get used too, on top of trying to find if there are any settings for it, since without dark mode, it seems screwed on my side, with dark mode (Dark Reader Add-on) it works in a way. Still odd. Tho, new Layout feels clunky in general.

One good thing I give is, it now jumps to the last unread comments in a thread instead of always on the top of the page. So, less scrolling to where you left off last.

I love how Gearbox's first action is to Homogenize all the forums and suck Champions Online's forum personality with a bland UI! tiger-17.gif
    Off to a good start

The answer for this is because they want to push the same BS Minimalistic Homogenized UI design all corporations use nowdays for the sake of Mobile users optimization!
    Not caring about aesthetics and design personality! Just the same bland type that doesn't fit for a MMO​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Yeah this is very strange...

Edit: You can
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Currently cannot edit posts. I was assuming the forum is still under reconstruction.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Currently cannot edit posts. I was assuming the forum is still under reconstruction.

See above.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The EDIT picker seems to be jumping at random locations on longer threads. That's why I didn't see it pop up.
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Not sure if I'm seeing default settings or whatever, but some of the items are dark red on a black background, which makes them hard to see unless you accidentally scroll over them. The plus sign says, "Post New Menu", which doesn't sound like 'create new discussion', though that might be a "me" thing.

I didn't immediately see a way to adjust colors, is there one?

Edit: not saying it's terrible or anything, just could be a little better.
  • Options
    Not sure if I'm seeing default settings or whatever, but some of the items are dark red on a black background, which makes them hard to see unless you accidentally scroll over them. The plus sign says, "Post New Menu", which doesn't sound like 'create new discussion', though that might be a "me" thing.

I would say, in comparison to the ease of use of the old forums, it can be considered terrible. The color adjustment seems to be on the site dev's side. The new forums started with a white background, so all the dark red and dark gray colors were appropriate for that. Not long after, it got changed to a black background, but none of the other colors were edited to match.
  • Options

I'll say it: IT'S TERRIBLE.
  • Options
    omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    I hate this. A LOT. All kinds of things don't display properly and the navigation element of the entire site is a dumpster fire. I wish they could at least provide an opt-out
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is even looking this forum. Since they haven't even bothered updating Forum Rules of our new lords and rulers.
  • Options
    Certain texts need recoloring from the white and black only. Like headers and such.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    Kinda convinced now that there's no one left who knows how to manage this properly anymore.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    ???? I'm currently seeing the old lay out. ????
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    ???? I'm currently seeing the old lay out. ????

It's an updated version of the old layout but it looks better than the double stuffed oreo thing they tried prior :relieved:
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    I didn't want to be negative towards the update but I'm glad they changed their mind.
  • Options
    They reverted back to the old look, but kept some aspects of the new style. I think it's perfect now.
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    They reverted back to the old look, but kept some aspects of the new style. I think it's perfect now.

It's certainly a marked improvement over the prior "new" look.
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    To me the forums now look nearly identical to the old format. I'm not even sure if there are differences. Makes me wonder what the intent/purpose of the change was in the first place.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Now the posts I am seeing as most recent for the various sub forums on the main forum page are all date to April? What's with that?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!