test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else have Champions and Arc disappear?

A couple of days ago, I got an update to Arc. Tonight, I wanted to play Champions, but realized that the shortcut on my desktop was missing, both for Champions and for Arc. I did a file search on my computer and looked at the app list in settings, but came up with nothing. Apparently this "update" completely removed Arc and Champions from my machine. When I tried to download the game again, the download failed. Anyone else having this problem, or have any suggestions?

Answers

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    Just find "Champions Online.exe" and run that. Don't need Arc or Steam.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    mathdave#6635 mathdave Posts: 4 Arc User
    That file seems to be missing from my computer. It's like someone uninstalled the game.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    I wonder if your Anti-virus program flagged and removed it. My McAfee does that some times.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    My McAfee does that some times.​​
    Step ONE of ONE to make your computer life better:

REMOVE MCAFEE ANTI-VIRUS!

Honestly, it's the single worst example of antivirus software around. You're better off just making sure you keep your Windows up-to-date, and keep Windows Defender running. If you HAVE to get an antivirus, get something like Avast. McAfee has such a massive negative impact on your PC it's the digital equivalent of you sawing off one of your PCs legs and then asking it to enter an butt-kicking contest.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg